• Cjamieson99
  • Respected
  • 640 posts
  • Reputation 203
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • LET'S GET THOSE TERRORISTS!
Dec 16 2014 7:57 pm

The new trade feature is great! But it can be exploited VERY easily. There are so many ways to throw off the balance of the game or to fund someone to win what would be a fair fight. The only thing we can do to make this work is to police it ourselves and refusing to play a a part of that kind of behaviour.

It opens up all sorts of new ways to play, such as placing a bounty on someone's head, trading slaves for naq in a pinch, buying your way out of a situation, helping someone start out on a server, player created contests or trivia -- or what I've been doing, which is distributing naq as evenly as possibly among smaller players so that they can see the fun in Chulak. Maybe another idea that would benefit Shadowing as much as anyone else would be to trade other players naq in exchange for advance tech? I don't know, just an idea.

But there are many things that it could be used for that would ruin the game: paying people to kill other people who are out of your net range, paying a friend so that they can win a in what would be a fair fight, trading slaves for naq or naq for naq across servers, forcing players to pay you not to kill them, offering naq for status instead of fighting for it, etc...

And the only way we can prevent these things from happening is to simply not be a part of it. Using the excuse, "If I don't do it, somebody else will," doesn't cut it, because everybody can, and will, say that. We can exploit the game in countless ways if we really wanted to ruin it, but let's not. Okay?

Let's use the player trade to make the game fun, not to exploit it. Otherwise Shadowing will need to get rid of it.

Kelac! #1 cheater in the game, but you'll never catch me!
  • Axufuris
  • Irregular
  • 122 posts
  • Reputation 62
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Death to Canada
Dec 16 2014 8:00 pm

Zuff approves of this message.

Oh Hello There
  • Kaarramma
  • Irregular
  • 47 posts
  • Reputation 27
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Nefertiti (you figure it out!)
Dec 16 2014 8:22 pm

Not sure if I want any trade system between players, matter of fact I don't like it because it can't be policed by players. Fact is there are still people out there who are using multi accounts, this just powerplays for a select few.
I would rather see a NPC system connected to the players ships, ie>flagship would be the commander, every battle adds to this (commanders skills). Making the fleet he/flagship in better, Allow the player to put points in your flagships skills, etc etc.. Allow victory's to gain more (naq) and less losses, I would like to see a 10 station limit per player, just double the points so the achievement points stay the same but allowed more players to own stations without being eating up a hour after they build one. (shame on those who do that). Do something to give players a reason to play here, I've heard a lot of people say thats why they just stay low net and don't try for stations is the bigger greedy players destroy them if they try and take one from them. Talk about players not policing them selfs, Another idea would be to allow stations and warsats to be upgraded, the new resources I see could be a way for you to use those to build upgrades like more HP or sector offense/defense.

Life begins as a spark, I am the mother of many more to come!
  • Excellion
  • Enthusiast
  • 296 posts
  • Reputation 118
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Never back down, never surrender, no fear
Dec 16 2014 8:23 pm

I agree, but sadly it wont work.

First, it was already happening. There were already players who were paying for status, placing bounties, etc. Previously, the payoffs lost 50% of their value as the payoff would be left on a planet, the receiver would attack the planet and "win" 50% of the naq on the planet. Now the payments are just more direct.

I hunt the sheep of war...
  • Cjamieson99
  • Respected
  • 640 posts
  • Reputation 203
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • LET'S GET THOSE TERRORISTS!
Dec 16 2014 8:33 pm

I agree with you, Excellion. And I haven't yet read Neffy's post. I agree that it would never work, and on Neffy's part about multi's using it to their advantage. I'm not saying it would or could work, I'm just saying that it's fun and I'm having fun with it, and that as long as it exists we should try to make the best of it without ruining the game in the process.

The things that you can do with the trade system are amazing, and they make the game much more fun, but the ability to exploit them is just too great, and it will never work because of it. Unfortunate.
-----
Now that I have read neffy's entire post.

Realistically, what you are saying is that you don't ever want any top alliance. That literally cannot happen, since as long as there is any form of status, and there will be in a game, one alliance will be at the top. What you are suggesting has not been thought through in the least bit and is more a general complaint that you are not at the top, a complaint that everybody seems to share. The only solution to this problem would be for players to grow some balls and play the game. Or, try Chulak, where any top alliance, if the server is used properly, can be challenged at any time and defeated.

Somebody will always be at the top, that is a fact of life. And until challenged by the runner up, they will remain in power. This is not a game flaw, this is a fact in any aspect of life.

I have nothing to say about your flagship commander idea, as I did not fully understand that and it belongs in a different topic. I will gladly reread it there.

Kelac! #1 cheater in the game, but you'll never catch me!
  • Pokerbank3
  • Irregular
  • 19 posts
  • Reputation 7
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • I love 26horses Productions
Dec 17 2014 12:11 am

i saw this topic when i searching information for the new Resources feature. so i would like to share my opinion in here.

as a free to play player i am very uncomfortable with the current trade system, because like the top message said, it can be used to abuse or bully a player, cannot do a "PURE" 1 vs 1 battle again, and it is make the game unhealthy.

This game is about war, strategy, win and lost. the player will experience an emotional moment. when he is in winning condition he is usually calm and see the galaxy very beautiful LOL. but when he is loosing he can become a beast, he will use all means to survive. if he can exploit something, he will do it. he probably said in wisp "hey dude, you are my friend right... i am in a pinch, send me a 100K naq.. i will return it later... when i triumph bwahahahaa", or "Hey dude you have grudged with xxx, so help me now... send me 100K naq... i will help you crush him". A solo player will be frustated ASAP.

My point is DO NOT TRUST A PLAYER TO Restrict their self in "not to exploiting" the game, because a player will always exploit the game if he knows how to do it. LOL

For WEB-Based Game online in my mind, there are 2 player characteristic. FREE TO PLAY PLAYER and PAY TO PLAY PLAYER.

PAY TO PLAY PLAYER (PPP)
This kind majority player usually someone that doesn't have much time to spend in the game. but because he like the game and want to enjoy the game, he willing to pay to get Instant result. Buy naq, protection, adv tech... etc. He is also the main donator to the game, so it is his right to get some special condition. Like rare item or get more naqadah when other player buy something in the market (like the existing current reward)

FREE TO PLAY PLAYER (FPP)
This kind player basically knows that he will need spend more time to survive in the game and to catch up with the PPP.

my point in here, the previous version system lords (with out the "trade to all player" feature) is good and everybody (the current player) accept, like, and use to it. And the Owner of the game should not cut his income for a new feature...that is very risky for a business and for the future of the game. Never cut any income that you have already earned.

some suggestion for the trade feature:
--------------------------------------------------------------
if you want to use the current Trade feature, hopefully you will limit it range. the trade only can be used between alliance member. this will increase teamwork and REDUCE the negative influence from the Trade feature.
--------------------------------------------------------------
if you want to change it, hopefully you will considered my previous post "Trade and Planet Specialty". That feature will give the FPP and PPP to be more active in the game. Also they richness is come from their own BLOOD AND SWEAT so no one can complain it. its also give a reason to the players to spend more time in the game.

You only need to give a reason to the player to make them work harder in the game to earn naqadah.
---------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE:
This is only a suggestion and an opinion from me, because i like and enjoy the game. I always support The shadows and the Developer decision. This is your game and we bow to your rule.

That's all folks... i am go for breakfast... good day ;)

• Excellion
  • Enthusiast
  • 296 posts
  • Reputation 118
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Never back down, never surrender, no fear
Dec 17 2014 7:34 am

Players will consistently go to extreme measures to manipulate any system to their advantage. I have seen it in every game I have played. To expect anything less is naive.

If you restrict trades to only ally members, expect players to "hop in" an ally, trade, then hop out, as needed. Need evidence?

Despite the low player population, there were to full groups of 10 players on Abydos willing to leave their ally, join a "naq pack" ally, buy $20 naq packs, wait a week as required, then leave and re-join their ally. It's a simple matter that the incentive / reward was worth the inconvenience of leaving their ally.

I hunt the sheep of war...