• Cjamieson99
  • Respected
  • 640 posts
  • Reputation 203
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • LET'S GET THOSE TERRORISTS!
Dec 09 2014 7:40 am

Not only is Chulak much easier, it also provides more action right off the bat to captivate your interest.

Abydos is a dying server. But that's okay! It's been used up and people are trying desperately to cling on to it. Let it go.

Chulak has more room, station control is spread out more evenly amongst players, and the fight for planets is a big source of entertainment when you're first starting out on the server. When you join Abydos you are stuck sitting around for a month and a half before finally having the naq to send your first attack, which you will most likely fail, and if you don't fail you will probably be pounded by that players alliance and friends.

On Chulak, one player can survive attacks from an entire alliance and see it as a test of skill rather than it being bullying, as it would be called on Abydos. Enlil fought off Gemini's entire alliance on his own during Invincible's weekend-long ceasefire with them.

Nothing is impossible on Chulak.

Also, Zerotee has died like 7 times this week. That guy SUCKS!

Kelac! #1 cheater in the game, but you'll never catch me!
  • Excellion
  • Enthusiast
  • 296 posts
  • Reputation 118
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Never back down, never surrender, no fear
Dec 09 2014 7:41 am

While I agree with my esteemed colleague, I also suspect Shadowing is giving him a sales commission at this point!

I hunt the sheep of war...
  • Cjamieson99
  • Respected
  • 640 posts
  • Reputation 203
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Dec 09 2014 7:45 am

Take Zerotee as a great example of just how fun Chulak can really be!

He has lost his entire fleet every single day, sometimes twice a day, for the past 4 days! He still makes enough naq to rebuild and keep playing. Okay, maybe he just buys a lot, but if you were to play the game properly you could also do that.

• Cakes
  • Enthusiast
  • 258 posts
  • Reputation 15
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Dec 09 2014 2:20 pm

whats your point? Who on that server is any good at the game/ is on more than once a week besides the top two alliances? Also what is the distribution of stations? 95% in the hands of the top two alliances? Im sorry, but unless you absolutley dont leave your computer all day you have no chance against an entire alliance by yourself for months on end. I checked the galaxy news there, what 30 stations taken from one alliance in less than a day? I mean jesus at least be reasonable with these claims you have ten extremely experienced players divided between two alliances that dont attack each other dominating that server. Both alliances have been making absurd amounts of naq per day for months on end. Also bragging about someone losing there fleet 7 times in one week is not inspiring at all, it just says to me its still just domination and ganging up on individuals. Sounds to me like you want some new players to beat up on or something.

• Cjamieson99
  • Respected
  • 640 posts
  • Reputation 203
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Dec 09 2014 2:33 pm

I posted this as a joke. That FIFA 15 guy posted last, so I posted this. Hopefully he's been deleted.

And yes, that is true, but only because there are only about 10 active players. If there were 100 players on that server all fighting over stations it would be a hell of a lot more fun for everyone. And you must not realize that you can make 500-600k naq a day, so losing ships doesn't matter. You can hold your own against an alliance if you used your brain and played it smart. The server is about time, not naq or spending; use your time wisely and you can get to the top.

The server would be SOOO fun if people just realized how it worked. But instead, everyone is busy trying to play it like they play Abydos and just build once a day.

I have gotten 5 people to give the server a second chance and told them what to aim for: 300 planets and 10 stations in production. They have been having a great time fighting to get 300 planets. The server has a lot of little fights between players over planets. Constant fighting over there, even with only 15 people actively playing below 100 planets.

Ask Sadeyes or Todd. They'll say the server's great once you know how it works.

And you are 100% wrong about 2 top alliances not fighting each other and controlling all of the stations. The three top alliances were Warlords, invincible and Immortals. There were two major wars over there and both times one side completely rolled over and just let the other side have a bunch of stations before resetting themselves.

The 30 stations you saw go from one player to another was either Zerotee giving his stations to Locutus before resetting himself, or us taking from Locutus before his 24 hours were up and he could reset himself. Neither time did anybody put up any sort of a fight.

300 planets all with dragnet, navigator, or space mines. Resetting an active player is almost impossible and will likely never happen. Chulak has SO MUCH potential, it just needs a few people to give it a chance. The more the better!

If you think you're good at this game, prove it, play on Chulak; if you're no good at this game, learn and get better on Chulak through experience.

• Axufuris
  • Irregular
  • 122 posts
  • Reputation 62
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Death to Canada
Dec 09 2014 7:27 pm

I couldn't agree with Voldy more. He is completely right. Both me and Voldy weren't a fan of the server in the beginning. But, now i absolutely hate doing stuff on abydos because it takes me a month to get a decent fleet and about 10 hours just to do stuff. And Cakes, your talk of the top to alliances doesn't mean anything for the new guys. The top two alliances don't usually bother with anyone new, they don't steam roll anyone, and most of us couldn't hit anyone new anyways because of NW. 99% of the fighting from the top two alliances has been with other top alliances that were equal or higher. And 30 stations in a day is nothing. If there were more people active you would see stations changing hands all the time. You saw 30 stations change hands in a day because of strategy. And Cakes if you are soooo good at this game and think no one on this server is good. How about showing us how good you are? Call out one of us for a 1 v 1 if you think you are so good.

Oh Hello There
  • Cakes
  • Enthusiast
  • 258 posts
  • Reputation 15
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Dec 09 2014 10:49 pm

1 v 1 me post your in game name

• Excellion
  • Enthusiast
  • 296 posts
  • Reputation 118
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Never back down, never surrender, no fear
Dec 10 2014 1:13 am

You surely know all of our game names Cakes. You are one of the top posters in forums and have been for a long time.

I am Excellion
Cjamieson99 = Kelac on Abydos / Voldy on Chulak
Axufuris = Zuff

I hunt the sheep of war...
  • Axufuris
  • Irregular
  • 122 posts
  • Reputation 62
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Death to Canada
Dec 10 2014 7:38 am

Nothing could be more obvious then "Zuff" in my picture lol

Oh Hello There
  • Cjamieson99
  • Respected
  • 640 posts
  • Reputation 203
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Dec 10 2014 8:51 am

LOL Zuff.

This is not the first or second time that you have requested a 1v1 with me and I have accepted. Both times you have ignored me after the initial request and I expect you to do it once again this time.

I accept your 1v1 proposal and await your in-game name to begin.

• Kaarramma
  • Irregular
  • 47 posts
  • Reputation 27
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Nefertiti (you figure it out!)
Dec 10 2014 11:13 pm

The I guess you wouldn't have a problem with me creating some fun here on Abydos, I would love to start taking more stations and battle for since you like the challenge?.. Stations only?... wanna play? doesn't have to become a world war 3 just some fun attacking stations?

Life begins as a spark, I am the mother of many more to come!
  • Cakes
  • Enthusiast
  • 258 posts
  • Reputation 15
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Dec 10 2014 11:46 pm

I will take on a max of two people im not taking on all four of you lol

[1] 2 Next >>