• Cjamieson99
  • Respected
  • 640 posts
  • Reputation 203
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • LET'S GET THOSE TERRORISTS!
Nov 29 2014 8:06 pm

This post is for anyone who has ever complained that this is a "pay to win" game or a game "ruled by big alliances."

I expect anyone who has ever said either of those things to sign up for Chulak this second. You have no excuse. If you refuse to play on Chulak... shut up about that stuff!

If you think that Abydos is boring and there is no way for anyone just starting out to go anywhere, go to Chulak. I keep hearing things like, "people keep quitting because they get crushed by the big alliances right away," that is because they are there to crush and it's a war game, the point is to crush people. But there is a solution: play on Chulak.

On Chulak there is no need to spend on naqadah ever. It is more than possible for somebody to fight their way to the top in around 3 weeks and already be in a position to take on the current biggest alliance. For people who like to say, "it is ruled by the big alliances," this is your chance to play on a server that is not ruled by anyone.

You make more naquadah and bigger fleets. Bigger fleets and more naquadah means more fighting, means more fun. 6 months of work on Abydos... gone in your sleep... 6 days of work on Chulak and 400k net....gone in a matter of hours. But you don't need to get discouraged, you can regain all of that lost status in a few short days and be right back to where you were before plus some.

Since alliances are smaller there is no need for NAPs and therefore there is more and constant war. For the bigger people who like to say, "we have nobody to fight," here is your chance to play on a server where you can have fun instead of worrying about hurting your friends feelings (unless your name is Anoobis).

There is one secret to success on Chulak: be an aggressive player. If you just sit around waiting to build your next planet on Chulak you are going to be waiting a long time - that's if nobody wipes you out to take your stuff. The cost of building a planet varies - it can go anywhere from 2,000 naquadah to 84,000, now multiply that by 300 (depending on your stance it could go up more) - you can steal a planet for 30,000 to 52,500 naquadah, or sometimes even for free! Up until around 150 planets I stole between 10 and 20 planets a day, the biggest tip I could possibly give someone is to simply choose your targets wisely and use every last bit of naq you can possibly use. Push your naq to the limit until you hit 300 planets. You should never have any extra naq sitting around or in your depot until you get past at least 200 planets.

Playing solo you should be able to get 300 planets, overlord status and 20-30 stations in 3 weeks...at least!

But there is one downside to the server… In order for it to work it needs people to actually play on it, and because people keep on calling it the ‘hard’ server and saying that it is not good for people just starting out, nobody plays it. The game isn't losing players because the aggressive players are not letting them grow, it’s losing players because people join Abydos and soon find that there is nothing to aim for because there is nothing that cannot be bought. A little bit of spending is fine, but a pay to win game will scare new players away. Where the game was 3 weeks ago was perfect - you had finally gotten away from that terribly slow game where you made a maximum of 7k naq a day and a mothership was everything - now you are just sending it back down that road. Abyods is fine for old players to mess around on now and again, but it’s never going to be a good server again .... that’s what Chulak is for.

If you want a game that is worth playing then status shouldn't be something you can just buy or sit around waiting to build; it should be something you work for and spend weeks and weeks trying to obtain. Where the game is at right now, any power on Abydos can be bought. You can expand the galaxy all you want, people will just buy more and more and it will make things even worse. There are a few wars that make the server fun, but other than that I would say it's a dying server.

Now is the time to start coming over to Chulak!

In honour of that stupid ice bucket challenge that had nothing to do with ALS, I present to you...something that will actually do something... The Chulak Challenge!

Everyone needs to bring two friends over to Chulak and then make them kill each other as they compete to get up to 300 planets first. Once a winner has been chosen, the person who nominated them is forced into a 1v1 with the winner in a fight to the death...

I nominate Demogorgon and Yamamoto
#ChulakChallenge

Kelac! #1 cheater in the game, but you'll never catch me!
  • Excellion
  • Enthusiast
  • 296 posts
  • Reputation 118
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Never back down, never surrender, no fear
Nov 29 2014 8:20 pm

I approve this message

I hunt the sheep of war...
  • Cakes
  • Enthusiast
  • 258 posts
  • Reputation 15
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Nov 29 2014 8:23 pm

All lies

• Cjamieson99
  • Respected
  • 640 posts
  • Reputation 203
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Nov 29 2014 8:27 pm

Cakes, you only say that because you were one of the 3 people who tried to make it a pay to win server only to fail before realizing that no matter how much you spend on Chulak, the field of play is even.

In other words: You got wrecked, mate.

• Cakes
  • Enthusiast
  • 258 posts
  • Reputation 15
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Nov 29 2014 8:33 pm

Never played it and never will

• Excellion
  • Enthusiast
  • 296 posts
  • Reputation 118
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Never back down, never surrender, no fear
Nov 30 2014 12:10 am

"Never played it and never will" - Cakes

If that were true, you are admittedly ignorant on this topic and your opinion has no value.

When Chulak started, I loved the server. Voldy hated it because he saw the initial buys and thought it was another "pay to win" server. Paying did provide some players an initial boost for the server start, but that was it. Here is proof:

1. PE's naq buys at server start

The server opened on August 2. On August 7th, the 5 day protection period ended. The above image shows when PE "naq'd up" immediately upon protection ending.

2. Wallet lords spend

The players who bought naq all built a bunch of warsats and bought SS immediately.

3. Wallet lords attack

The above image is Akhenaten's, aka Olek, attack on me 18 hours after protection ended. That fleet is above 40k nw. I couldn't dream of defending against it without buying naq. Heck, our ally couldn't combine to protect against it.

4. Top players after protection ends

Here are the top networth players after protection ended. The ONLY player on that list who is a System Lord currently is Lordsnow who is presently in position 8. Why? Because Chulak is unplayable for wallet lords unless you are ready to spend 5k+

Zerotee is the biggest wallet lord in the game, bar none. The guy spend around $700 on Chulak in the first month, reset, and came back and spent well over a thousand. That is not an exaggeration. Locutus jumped 400k nw in a single day! By far the biggest wallet lord jump ever...and he is gone. All of them are gone. Why? Because on Chulak, naq is EARNED, not bought. Players can EARN hundreds of thousands of naq each day, which makes buying naq just stupid. Sure it helps at the very beginning, but after who is going to spend $100 to buy 1 mill when you can earn it in a few days?

Based on the above, Voldy wrongly concluded Chulak was "pay to win". He played a few weeks, went on vacation, then quit the server. I kept messaging him sharing how perfect Chulak was for him since he didn't buy naq. Eventually, he gave the server a second chance. He started again.

Voldy is presently #4 on the System Lord's board. He has max planets as well, and less then 2k status away from reaching God status. To the best of my knowledge, he never spent a penny on the server prior to today where I think he bought some adv techs for the first time.

A new player could start today, spend nothing and be a System Lord within weeks, and be competing at the top half of the boards within 2 months. They just need to play smart.

I too STRONGLY disagree with the label of Chulak being the "hard" server and Abydos being "easy". The opposite is true.

On Abydos I have every naq bonus in the game: 10 adv tech points in Productivity, 10 achievement points in Prospect, Asgard (the only race with a naq bonus), Merchant (the only profession with a direct naq bonus), Economy (the only stance with a naq bonus) and God status (max naq bonus). I also have max planets (20) and 100 naq mines on each, along with every Efficiency boost in the game including a cargo depot on every planet and max slaves. I earn 1.8 mill naq per month on Abydos. Without buying naq I couldn't hope to be a high ranking System Lord in 6 months.

The ONLY way Chulak is hard, is if you don't play smart, others will come and take ALL your planets. On Abydos, no one else wants your planets because they already have the max. Many new players on Chulak got reset or taken down hard at the start of the server, but it is nothing that could not be completely fixed with a 5 minute gaming lesson.

a. Build mostly non-gated planets.

b. If you build a gated planet, you MUST have 100 gate defense

Following the above two rules alone would save more than half the problems new players face.

If you are not playing Chulak, you are missing out on the fun.

I hunt the sheep of war...
  • Kynell
  • Enthusiast
  • 240 posts
  • Reputation 127
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • I love 26horses Productions
Nov 30 2014 1:46 pm

chulak sucks and is ruined, bring on the tournament server!

• Hamiler
  • Irregular
  • 127 posts
  • Reputation 77
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Hold Fast
Nov 30 2014 3:05 pm

eh there both the same someone can still wallet lord up and beat the other person on both severs just on one sever you have 20 worlds on the other you have 300 however i look forword to a no pay to win sever

Leader of the Asgard Fleet
  • Cakes
  • Enthusiast
  • 258 posts
  • Reputation 15
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Nov 30 2014 6:26 pm

of course its pay to win, you can still buy tech and race changes right? Still buy building credits? Just imagine the difference between someone who has to stay as asgard compared to someone who can change to a better military race like onac? Tech resets? if you cant afford a tech reset how can you adjust tech when at war and losing stations? Also, didnt cjamison make some post about how buildings get insanely expensive as you get more planets and stations? If you can buy building credits that eliminates that problem.

• Chaldean
  • Irregular
  • 44 posts
  • Reputation 24
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Dec 01 2014 1:13 am

I am Gandolf, and I refuse to play on Chulak.

Mother of Magic
  • Cjamieson99
  • Respected
  • 640 posts
  • Reputation 203
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Dec 01 2014 8:44 am

The new server will have perks if you pay to play it. If you do not pay you will not have access to adv buildings or flagships, maybe a few other things.

No matter what there will be money involved. Chulak is not pay to win, that is why Locutus, Myrddin, Zerotee, Gdozer, Olek, all those people died.

Anybody who says otherwise does not have a full understanding of the game.

• Demogorgon
  • Enthusiast
  • 224 posts
  • Reputation 109
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Dec 02 2014 8:40 am

shel kree Chulak...