• Irregular
  • 19 posts
  • Reputation 7
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • I love 26horses Productions
Nov 23 2014 2:53 am

Hi Soul here,

after having a nostalgic chat with Sadeyes about retro games. This suggestion pop up in my mind.

Hopefully it is not a double post. and sorry if it is a double post. lol

1. system lord need naqadah and very fond of it. the naq is so hard to collect.
2. there are many planets in this game, and for trading we need something to sell. i would suggest every planets has a special goods to trade (example trinium, medicine,grain, arm, zpm etc). these goods only can be use in trade, help the system lords to get more naqadah. trade from planet to planet.
(from the movie series i know the system lord doesn't trade, they main primary is to collecting slaves, mining naq and Destroy planets..typical Goa'uld. BUT their slaves do trade. so probably the slave also need naq to bribe the system lords so their family can live peacefully in the planet. the bribe make the system lord happy "More Naqadah in my vault". LOL)

To implement a real trading feature probably will required a lot effort and time. but probably we can make it simpler. the system lord has already have 'infiltration' feature using an Agent. the agent use Endurance and infiltration strength. More Jaffa will increase the number of agents (like 100 Jaffa = 1 Agent). more agent will increase the infiltration strength.we can create a Trader to perform the Trading.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TRADER
The trader will have Stamina, and 'Trader Strength'. More Trader will increase the Trader's 'Trader Strength'. Stamina works similar like Endurance. Trader strength is the limit number how many goods the trader can carry. The number of Slave Population will determine the number of Trader (like 10000 slaves = 1 Trader, and 1 Trader = 10 Trader Strength). when a Trader do a trade his stamina will decrease. the stamina is similar to the spy drone energy, More distance means more Stamina/Energy usage. And the Trader process happened instantly (like agent performing infiltration).
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Planet Specialty
Every Planet has a unique commodities. the trader can buy this commodities from all planets and sell it in his home planet (A player can use the trader to collect the goods from any planets, and sell it only in his own planet(s)).

The Planet's Market Rate
Every planet also need a market rate. this will be use to determine the current price of the goods in that planet. Including the buying price of the planet specialty goods. Market Rate 100% = normal price. Market Rate 103% = the price is 3% higher, and so on. This market rate change can be happened every hour, every 2 hours... or day(the developer/ the shadows decide this).

Note to make it more interesting:
- if a player buy specialty goods from his own planet he will receive a discount or you can just take it but it will sacrifice some slaves.
- if someone buy goods in a gated planets, the owner of the planet will receive naqadah bonus (10%-20%) from the transaction. The gated planets is like a trading post (easy to access), imagine it is always full of traders.
- Trading process between gated planets, consume no stamina.
- Trading Feature ignore the networh, so every planets is open for trading.
- Probably the system lords that has a space station can get a naqadah bonus for every transaction that happen in his sectors.
- every week the system should update all planets specialty goods. with this a player must find the new 'Silk Road'.
- Add new Adv Building 'Market'..increase the Trader Stamina and Strength
- A Merchant personalities will have more Trader's Stamina And/Or Strength

AIM
hopefully this suggestion will help to increase the active players. help a new players to catch up. help players that need more naqadah (every system lords need this). Reduce my stasis pod time LOL. INCREASE MORE ACTION AND WAR. everyone will aim to get a gated planets). Population will determine the welfare of a system lords.

that's all folks.
-Soul

• Pokerbank3
  • Irregular
  • 19 posts
  • Reputation 7
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Nov 23 2014 3:03 am

Oops

this one need a correction

-Trading process between gated planets, consume Less stamina (ignore the distance, but still reducing the trader's stamina).

• Shadowing
  • Devoted
  • 1442 posts
  • Reputation 240
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Captain of the boat or captain of the Sea?
Nov 23 2014 3:25 am

Probably won't ever do that with System Lords One.
System Lords two will be a trading game though. Will probably make that in 2016

What ever you can do or dream you can always begin it because boldness has genius, power and magic in it
  • Pokerbank3
  • Irregular
  • 19 posts
  • Reputation 7
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Nov 23 2014 8:22 am

aaawww 2 years >.<

• Shadowing
  • Devoted
  • 1442 posts
  • Reputation 240
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Captain of the boat or captain of the Sea?
Nov 23 2014 7:56 pm

Could be fall of 2015. But these are dates of me starting the project. Also will matter how well System Lords is doing. I'll be building two other games plus another stargate game before that game at least.

What ever you can do or dream you can always begin it because boldness has genius, power and magic in it