• Irregular
  • 23 posts
  • Reputation 7
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • I love 26horses Productions
Oct 23 2014 7:20 am

Wraith Origins:
The Wraith were they an ancient experiment gone wrong?
Or did they evolve naturally?

It was said that the iratus bug evolved to mimic its host after feeding off of them for a long time however them being a science experiment is also a huge possibility.

I wonder which is true?
Why would a species adapt to mimic its prey?

Well species usually mimic their prey to trick the prey in to approaching so that it is easier to hunt.

However why did the Iratus bug choose to feed on Humans? where did the Pegasus galaxy humans originate from and what did the Iratus bug feed on before humans since humans are not native to pegasus? the answer is that they fed on the Ancients during the Wraith-Lantean war so what did the bugs feed on before the ancients? that is a good question if anyone has a theory on that please tell me
if the wraith were made by ancients then what were they made for? were they meant to be a weapon?
It may be possible it was an attempt at immortality they noticed the bug had a super long life span and it was capable of sucking out life perhaps they figured it could be used to give life back... only something went very wrong

Now why would corrupted but otherwise completely sane Hybrids start a war with their own kind? well the obvious answer would be hunger it is possible that in their mistake they made these new hybrids only capable of consuming ancients and nothing else and Ofcourse the ancients would be terrified of what they had made and would move to protect themselves

now where did the wraith get their technology and why did they choose to make new technology?

It is possible the wraith were able to secure other "experiments"if they had an uprising on some far away science colony we know the ancients were always trying to build new things they may have thought that a bio engineered ship would be useful.
http://stargate.wikia.com/wiki/Bane
it is possible the bugs from bane gave the Ancients there idea or were a prototype for the wraith.

• Soundwave
  • Irregular
  • 11 posts
  • Reputation 7
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • I love 26horses Productions
Oct 23 2014 7:36 am

this one easy was that plague that was going thru galaxy and the wraith was a by product of one of the ways they cured themselves and is prob what started the fighting some was for that cure and others was against simular to the ori conflict

• Shade3130
  • Irregular
  • 71 posts
  • Reputation 24
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Guess my real identity.
Oct 24 2014 8:51 pm

Wraith evolved naturally by accident by feeding on Ancients.
that's why the Ancients were blamed for the creation of Wraith and Asuran replicators. I do not believe they would be foolhardy to create something they cannot control. Nor would they create an enemy as strong phsiologically as the Wraith.

Before the Ancients seeded the Pegasus galaxy the Iratus bug fed on the natural organism on that planet. otherwise, how did the Iratus bug came to be.
As to why the Iratus evolved, they were weaker in that they were in need of damp, dark spaces to live. Wraith do not require this, as their physiology became more human-like. The Wraith gain telepathy and technolgy from the Ancients or rather the new brain development they have after evolving. When the Ancient were in Pegasus they were already in the last stages of Ascension/Prior-like phsiology. The Wraith absorbed this upon feeding.

My guess would be a few Ancient explored a planet full of Iratus bugs and were swarmed/attacked at night, hence the feeding. The Wraith's emergence was a surprise to Ancients otherwise they would be eradicated early on. This suggests that the Wraith weren't (mad) experiments.

You guys must really hate me....