• Irregular
  • 23 posts
  • Reputation 11
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • "Omnia sponte fluant; absit violentiarebus"
Oct 21 2014 3:49 am

Greetings,

After all that has occurred on the server known as Abydos, it may be time that a general summit occur between the the alliances within the top 10-15 rank. This summit may become a Galactic Council, where discussion may occur to resolve large disputes in a open forum type setting. This is just an idea that may prove beneficial to all in the galaxy. The Asgard hope to hear that others are interested and that we collectively discuss issues be Asgard, Furling, Goa'uld, or Onac. I simply advise that whoever wishes to take the first steps layout procedures for conversation and such.

Peace be with all, I hope that in time this idea will become a reality.

Respectfully,

Supreme Commander Atum of the Asgard High Council

Supreme Commander Atum
  • Darigone
  • Irregular
  • 34 posts
  • Reputation 13
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • BLOP BLEP BLOB
Oct 21 2014 3:52 am

What of the other alliances that fall short on the list? What about the players not in an alliance? Are we going to leave that out, and use them as cattle?

• Draggard
  • Irregular
  • 23 posts
  • Reputation 11
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Oct 21 2014 3:54 am

A good question, I posed 10-15 rank as a thought. Invitations would be extended to any and all alliances that would want input and such. With that, it would seem that procedures to ensure smooth dialogue would need to be established.

Supreme Commander Atum
  • Darigone
  • Irregular
  • 34 posts
  • Reputation 13
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • BLOP BLEP BLOB
Oct 21 2014 4:05 am

I think battle all together shouldn't be cut out, but perhaps we can do 1v1 matches that are controlled. Perhaps we can even do alliance regulated fights. This way people can still get there fill of battle.

• Draggard
  • Irregular
  • 23 posts
  • Reputation 11
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Oct 21 2014 4:07 am

Indeed, the proposed summit would discuss those types of measures and such. Battle are sadly a thing that occurs, hopefully there could be some overall agreement on rules of engagement and such.

Supreme Commander Atum
  • Excellion
  • Enthusiast
  • 296 posts
  • Reputation 118
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Never back down, never surrender, no fear
Oct 21 2014 6:46 am

"Battle are sadly a thing that occurs, hopefully there could be some overall agreement on rules of engagement and such."

The game supports three playstyles: Aggressive, Defensive and Economy. I recognize some allies may focus on peaceful playstyles (aka farmville) but frankly if there were not battles, I would not play. I am quite certain a large percentage of players feel the same.

Otherwise, just sharing a couple thoughts here.

1. These forums are open to all. Any topics about the game can be discussed here.

2. If you say the top 10 allies, top 10 by networth? or status? Either some allies are going to be left out, or the group will be too large.

3. What exactly is the purpose of this council? To mediate galactic peace? To improve the game?

In concept, it sounds nice. Yes, it is easy for me or others to shoot down ideas. It's easy enough to open a skype channel and discuss any topic. We just need to be careful not to make things worse. As we have seen in these forums, one conversation can get out of hand really fast.

I hunt the sheep of war...
  • Kynell
  • Enthusiast
  • 240 posts
  • Reputation 127
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • I love 26horses Productions
Oct 21 2014 3:12 pm

greetings old friend, no disrespect but this is a war game and people come to this game because its based on stargate and has a lot of war, they do have a choice to play as a builder and naq horders, but ultimately if other players want to attack them and take there stuff for profit or just for fun then that's upto them to do so and shouldn't have you or any other people in the game telling them how they can and can not play the game.

if a few people want to butt rape you for stuff or for no reason at all that's upto them if they like to play like that, its upto you to get a few guys to help you butt rape them back, your talking about creating a power group to control the way everyone plays and making sure people only stick to the play style that suits you, if you get your way with this then it will simple go from 1 extreme to the other and aggressive style players will get bored of the game and quit which then there will be no battles and war and then no game funding then game dead.

also your coalition of all our top alliances will simply make us all more powerful still and people not in alliances will still be left out for the wolves, only with the coalition we will all decide what of theres we want to share and take from them lol.

• Draggard
  • Irregular
  • 23 posts
  • Reputation 11
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Oct 21 2014 4:16 pm

I see, I apologize. My meaning and words are incorrect, I see all your points of view and such. I was not encouraging a set system that controls anything and everything. I understand that effectively this is a war game and as that it would be wrong to instill any measures as an end all method of forceful control. It was simply an idea that I felt like sharing and receiving others perspectives, I thank you for those so far. I'd like to clarify that the idea was simply a means for conversation and such cross alliance wise, sorry for not being clear earlier.

Supreme Commander Atum
  • Kynell
  • Enthusiast
  • 240 posts
  • Reputation 127
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • I love 26horses Productions
Oct 21 2014 4:47 pm

I don't mean to shut down your idea or anything, just I played this game for very long time and seen different ideas like this which are all good for certain groups of players but will not be good for other groups of players.

basically all you can do with any dispute is try and sort it diplomatically which reasonable will do, and unreasonable people your only option most likely is to take them out.

as for players who are getting bullied or smashed hard for no reason, sure I would like to see us bigger alliances do something about it to help them out, but having a coalition of us all teaming up on the attacker/bully will make us just as bad as they are.

• Cakes
  • Enthusiast
  • 258 posts
  • Reputation 15
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Oct 21 2014 4:55 pm

1 v 1 me noob

• Draggard
  • Irregular
  • 23 posts
  • Reputation 11
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Oct 21 2014 5:21 pm

Indeed, such an idea is nice in how it sounds, but the possibility of it becoming a negative force is also strongly apparent.

Supreme Commander Atum
  • Excellion
  • Enthusiast
  • 296 posts
  • Reputation 118
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Never back down, never surrender, no fear
Oct 21 2014 5:34 pm

It is very kind of you to step up and offer Atum. I am unaware of any galactic disputes on Abyddos is quite some time. Are you?

Recently Hells End and Timelords both approached us and requested help because they had some space stations being attacked. Even though we are friends with both allies, our general stance is non-interference. We recognize players work hard to build up SS over time; however, what we are seeing is the natural changes which SHOULD occur in game:

a. Players have poorly built SS which lack the proper defensive buildings.

b. Players are either inactive, or are in allies with inactive players, which leave them unable to defend themselves.

The attacks in question could easily be defended with better gameplay and activity, even from a quite weak alliance. Some may label these attacks as "disputes" but frankly, they seem like the natural order where stronger, more active players take from weaker, less active players. The more active players get greater value from each SS.

Situations like these are a driving force of the game. They should lead alliances to merge as necessary rather than sit with inactive players or open slots.

I hunt the sheep of war...
[1] 2 Next >>