• Reputation 59
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • We all want something: QuidProQuo.
Sep 30 2014 11:27 pm

Progeekzy speaks the truth.

+1

@QuidProQuoTheSavior

The chosen one, savior, and ultimate survivor. Will work for zambooki(coffee+vodka)
  • Cjamieson99
  • Respected
  • 640 posts
  • Reputation 203
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • LET'S GET THOSE TERRORISTS!
Oct 01 2014 1:57 am

@BINAR Read the second half at least! It's about/to you.
-----

I have never spent a dollar in this game and I am probably top 5%, if not higher then that in power ( cha'tii I own) in the game. My fleet is not huge, and I don't have a maxxed out depository, but I understand the game and work with nothing but minimal losses.

It is true that Project Eternity helped me out by giving me a few naq packs, but the other people in that top 5% have been naq packing far longer and more then I have and I'm still up there. It comes down to one thing, I'm active. That is why I have what I have and play like I do. I don't build war satellites or sations, I take them and gain status through doing so.

I have spent a lot of time getting where I am, so of course it pisses me off when I can't attack someone because of the money they can spend or the depository that they have. I can take them out once, but they'll rebuild and I'm shel kree ed. That happened with Stargate1990, I stole 4 war sats from him and got to god status from wiping out his entire fleet, he happened to have been in the Hunters alliance and had a full depository--enough to rebuild twice what he lost and just suicide it into me. Fortunately for me, he didn't know what he was doing and failed his first 4 attacks. Gdozer had to help me in the final one that wiped him out for the second time since I literally couldn't do it with my entire army. I got to god status wiping him out the first time and Shadowing rolled back the game the next day. #NoForgiveness

Since Project Eternity disbanded, I have received exactly 0 naq packs, and had nothing in my depository since I spent every last bit of naq in the war--and more! 80% of what I have was obtained before and after my joining of PE, which means that it was not obtained by me or anyone else spending for me.

I agree with what Progeekzy said about everyone being able to get something one way or another, but I do not agree that it is a pay to win only game. I'll take teamwork over unlimited spending any day.
-----

As for you, Binar. We're friends and I have your back in-game, but you are wrong to say what you're saying in the way that you are saying it. I don't believe that you have a problem with Quidproque's Idea, only that it is not fair to the people who have already spent up to $400 dollars on advance tech allready. Correct? Can not the same thing be said about naq in general? A new person can join the game, create an alliance with 9 new friends, possibly a gaming alliance that does this all the time, and get a full depo and play aggressively? Compare their ability to do that with the fact that 3 months ago naq cost 10-20 dollars for 40k... now it's $20 for 2.6 million (I'm not sure exactly what naq packs give these days). So you complain about the ability to SLOWLY obtain advance tech and even out the game by just a LITTLE bit, but you aren't so aggressively against how cheap naquadah has become?

Now, I don't want to bring up the past, but you once spent a LOT of money on this game, back before naq was cheap at all--back when it was more money then it was worth. And I can see that pissing you off now because it wasn't worth it so much. But taking it out on anyone who suggests something that is a very good idea, is just unreasonable.

It sucks that you feel cheated after spending so much on advance tech, but the past is the past and the game needs to move on to become better. Lots of people spent money back when it was ridicoulously expensive, they will have felt cheated by the new prices as well; it's an ongoing game and will continue to change. This idea will do nothing but make it a better place.

I don't speak as a non-spender, I speak as someone who plays this game and has seen it grow. This is a good idea. This change will even out the game in the same way that naq packs have successfully helped to even out the game so that it's not so much pay to win.

As Vitopian would say: TL;DR? Binar, the past is the past. The game needs to move on, the money is spent and it's not all ways going to be fair, but you need to let that go in order for the game to progress. This is an amazing idea and I hope that Shadowing will consider it.

@QuidProQuo #TheSaviour (Canadian)

@Zuff #Zuffles

@Kelac #TheKingOfComplaints ~ Love me or hate me--you cannot escape me.

Kelac! #1 cheater in the game, but you'll never catch me!
  • Quidproquo
  • Irregular
  • 154 posts
  • Reputation 59
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Oct 01 2014 3:30 am

Kelac, thank you for helping to explain. In summary, I don't want to screw anyone over, I want to bring this game to a level that makes it fair. You gotta think, one month for 5 adv. points. If you miss the daily check in then no naq or adv for you. But lets say that you do check in every day. You start with 5 points and the other 95 have to be earned once a month. That is 19 months. 1 year and 7 months. That is true loyalty. If someone is willing to play this game for almost 2 years and slowly build up the points then I say they deserve to get them.

UPDATE: I'm an idiot haha. Thank you kelac. No more vodka and forum....

#PowerToThePeople

@Cjamieson99TheKingOfComplaints #Crackelac'in

@QuidProQuoTheSavior #TheChosenSavior

@QuidSucksAtMath #Kelaculator

The chosen one, savior, and ultimate survivor. Will work for zambooki(coffee+vodka)
  • Cjamieson99
  • Respected
  • 640 posts
  • Reputation 203
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • LET'S GET THOSE TERRORISTS!
Oct 01 2014 3:46 am

Hold the phone... Since when is 95 divided by 5 45?

UPDATE: lol, I know.

Kelac! #1 cheater in the game, but you'll never catch me!
  • Axufuris
  • Irregular
  • 122 posts
  • Reputation 62
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Death to Canada
Oct 01 2014 5:45 am

I've got to say i slow clap for Voldy. That was an amazingly written post and never thought you had it in you ;) Except i laughed because you found an opportunity to complain about the rollback AGAIN! lol. Anyways i have bought naq and have been part of naq packs before. Yes i would feel slightly cheated but big deal, i didn't pay too much for advancd since i got it on discount. Although, people that bought also shouldn't be cheated on that 30th day if they are maxed out. Maybe give them a good amount of naq or something. BUT I strongly agree with the sentiment that no part of this game should be buy only. That is a HUGE HUGE mistake on shadowings part and just doesn't look good on a free to play game. There certainly needs to be a free way of getting it and sooner than later, because advanced tech can strongly affect battles. And i am NOT suggesting to nerf anything. I payed for what i got, don't change it! There was a lot of good ideas thrown out in here. Binar i like you buddy but you are wrong in this instance.

PS
Thanks for my hashtags
#LovinIt

Oh Hello There
  • 321me
  • Irregular
  • 10 posts
  • Reputation 12
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Space aids for you, Space aids for you.....
Oct 01 2014 6:00 am

This is my first post though I do alot of skulking. I agree with this and I think that people that payed for their advanced tech should get a naq bonus instead as well. Like 10-15,000 instead of getting nothing. that way when the player max out their advanced tech it gives them something for showing loyalty. The hashtags are funny. Quid i've been reading your stuff and you make a lot of sense sometimes.

SPACE AIDS! For you, and you, and you too! SPACE AIDS FOR EVERYBODY!!!!
  • Quidproquo
  • Irregular
  • 154 posts
  • Reputation 59
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Oct 01 2014 6:07 am

You are welcome Zuff. It looks like another post that alot of people like is going to be ignored for more calculator updates. No offense, Shadowing. I'm just saying.

#SuggestionsForTheLoss

@ZuffTheZenith

@ShadowingTheDestroyer

@QuidProQuoTheSavior. #TheChosenSavior

<< Previous 1 [2]