• Respected
  • 640 posts
  • Reputation 203
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • LET'S GET THOSE TERRORISTS!
Sep 28 2014 5:20 am

Have fun watching the game play itself.

If you would like to play more games that play themselves, try setting your computers chess program that comes with windows or Ubuntu to Computer vs Computer and watching that for an hour. Fun, isn't it?

But it doesn't stop here! The game not only plays itself, but it also plays you! That's right! Watch as the game loses its own battles and forces you to spend your money in the market as it does!
---------------

Here's my video for this:

I couldn't find the video on Youtube, but picture that scene in Wayne's World where Noah Vanderhoff is talking to Ben and says something like, "But hey, as long as the kids keep pumping in the quarters, who gives a cha'tii , right?"

Kelac! #1 cheater in the game, but you'll never catch me!
  • Excellion
  • Enthusiast
  • 296 posts
  • Reputation 118
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Never back down, never surrender, no fear
Sep 28 2014 5:21 am

Like you, I do manual math calculations. For the most part, they are quick and easy. Many players lack this ability and understanding so they will use the game calc. The reality is....they will make more than enough entry errors to screw it up. Don't worry my friend. There will still be chaos!

I hunt the sheep of war...
  • Cjamieson99
  • Respected
  • 640 posts
  • Reputation 203
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Sep 28 2014 5:24 am

Thank you, Vitopian. Your support has been very helpful in this time of extreme distress.

I don't always do my calculations in my head, because I have no need to, the battle tool is right there! I do simple attacks in my head, and others I have memorized. But I am capable, and would like to have a game where it is entirely in my head. I know this wouldn't work, because the battle tool is good for new players learning, but it was fine before, now it's too easy.

I think what I will miss most is all the times Demogorgon lost his flag ship to inactives. I'm sure that will still happen when he decides to get ballsy and attack active players that can reinforce, but it won't be a daily amusement for me anymore. :(

• Demogorgon
  • Enthusiast
  • 224 posts
  • Reputation 109
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • I love 26horses Productions
Sep 28 2014 6:23 am

I can't tell if you are trolling or not... I really hope so...

• Axufuris
  • Irregular
  • 122 posts
  • Reputation 62
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Death to Canada
Sep 28 2014 6:26 am

My 2 cents. I half way agree with Vold. A basic calculator would be great for the new guys, and i do agree there should be a guide with all the details in it. But a full calculator to do everything is kinda overboard. Errors happen and are part of it. You slap yourself for it and go on to the next one. I think the guide would be the biggest thing to help and maybe one of the players that has some extra time would want to build the guide for you if you told them that you would use it?

Oh Hello There
  • Cjamieson99
  • Respected
  • 640 posts
  • Reputation 203
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Sep 28 2014 6:28 am

I strongly believe that a once great game is now turning into an okay game that you try out for a while and then move on from.

No skill.

We need a hardcore server. One with no market. But I know Shadowing needs money, so I would suggest it has requirements: Emperor status, 40+ stations, 100+ planets on Chulak. That way he gets the people that are slowing down on the other servers. But shel kree it, it would never work I guess. Just a thought that would be fun.

Good work Zuff. +1... if I hadn't done that in the past 24 hours already.

Nevermind, I got you a +1

• Quidproquo
  • Irregular
  • 154 posts
  • Reputation 59
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • We all want something: QuidProQuo.
Sep 28 2014 11:12 am

Not surprisingly, I agree with zuff. A rudimentary calculator is fine, too much will never be anything but too much. As for the hardcore server I agree. I want a server with these changes.

No advanced tech.
No market. PERIOD.
No protection.
30 planet max.
Military for everything is half cost.

#BringThePain

#KillTheCalculator

@QuidProQuoTheChosenOne

The chosen one, savior, and ultimate survivor. Will work for zambooki(coffee+vodka)
  • Shadowing
  • Devoted
  • 1444 posts
  • Reputation 239
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Captain of the boat or captain of the Sea?
Sep 28 2014 9:20 pm

Ya true.

Few things to consider here though.
Eventually a player is going make his own calculator anyways and release it to the galaxy. That's just a ticking time thing. We all know Gdozers planet saving script already.

This calculator helps me out a ton though. Specially with debugging. But I actually rather there be no calculator in the game at all honestly. So many people flood me with emails about will this defeat this or how much will I lose if I do this.

What ever you can do or dream you can always begin it because boldness has genius, power and magic in it
  • Cjamieson99
  • Respected
  • 640 posts
  • Reputation 203
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Sep 29 2014 12:41 am

Nobody knows Gdozers planet forum except Me, Gdozer and Olek. You all have access to the forum to contribute locations to it, but you don't have the spread sheet that your input goes to. Only the three of us have that.

Both me and Excellion have our own for Chulak, and I'm sure more people have made them as well.

Who cares if people make there own, it's been like 8 months and nobody has released one to the galaxy. :(

I get where you're coming from, it still just sucks. This game needs a better, more detailed guide. Not a video, but a written guide that is easy to follow through.

• Excellion
  • Enthusiast
  • 296 posts
  • Reputation 118
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Never back down, never surrender, no fear
Sep 29 2014 6:01 am

I was all set to begin working on a guide when Chulak opened. At this time, Abyddos is 100% all set for me. Nothing to do there except take a SS when my FS is 100%.

Once Chulak settles down next month, I'll begin work on numerous guides.

I hunt the sheep of war...