• Cjamieson99
  • Respected
  • 640 posts
  • Reputation 203
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • LET'S GET THOSE TERRORISTS!
Sep 26 2014 6:01 am

Obviously there is nothing Shadowing can do to stop Naq rings from happening--and he probably wouldn't if he could, why should he--but is it not super, super lame that people do it? I mean, naq packs are great because they even out the game a little bit more for the non-spenders, but when you get a naqpack alliance like Eternity or The Covenant, or an alliance literally called 'Naq Pak' then it becomes far too overpowered.

As a non-spender, I love the idea of naq packs. And even if I were a spender, I would still love the idea that your entire alliance benefits from it, including the non-spenders. This way everyone has a fair chance at the game and reduces the problem of wallet lording.

Spending for your alliance is one thing, but advertising that you are going to be making a naq buying alliance and are searching for more people to join is ridiculous. The point of the packs are to benefit your alliance, not to be abused and make millions of naq for the price of one pack.

Once you leave your alliance to take advantage of something like this it becomes an exploit. You're taking advantage of a good thing, and it will eventually ruin the game as it once did.

Not much anybody can do, but this is a complaint post, so I'm complaining. People should just comment what they think about this and we could possibly decide that we don't want to start doing this again as a community, and not as a written rule by Shadowing with a punishment. It should be something enforced by the community if people feel the same about it.

I know you guys love me. Bring on the love! 2:00am, Kelac needs his love! (and his sleep)

#PowerToThePeople

Kelac! #1 cheater in the game, but you'll never catch me!
  • Andy1985
  • Irregular
  • 5 posts
  • Reputation 5
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • I love 26horses Productions
Sep 26 2014 6:07 am

If prices weren't so high for Naq i would agree with you. I would much rather see naq buying go away then anything else.

• Excellion
  • Enthusiast
  • 296 posts
  • Reputation 118
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Never back down, never surrender, no fear
Sep 26 2014 6:12 am

The Canadian is correct. A few thoughts:

1. As players, it is our job to find imbalances in the game and take advantage of them. As the game operator, it is Shadowing's job to close those gaps. This is perfectly natural and exists in every game.

The problem here is Shadowing has already made the right adjustment. When joining a new ally, you can't leave for a week. There are already problems with that rule. What if I am an ally leader, invite a player and find out he is a spy. Now I am forced to keep him in ally a week? And I can't attack him? So the entire ally has to leave. Anyway, there is nothing further within reason I can think of for Shadowing to do. Are there any suggestions you have?

2. Yes, naq packs should be a balance of those who can afford them and those who cannot. Yes, they should help your ally improve. Joining with enemies...well, it doesn't make a whole lot of sense. Both sides build up.

With the above noted, what can we do? If we choose not to participate, then your enemies get stronger, you don't, and you wind up gonaching and losing. So bottom line, count me in lol.

AS a final note, this applies to many parts of the game. When I first started, I checked every sector of the galaxy noting a TON of inactive players. I reported the issue to Shadowing who, at the time, took no action. So I went ahead and began to take their SS and warsats. If I didn't, others would have. Again, once we bring the issue to the Game Operator's attention, we have done our part. "Rising above" and saying you refuse to participate just means others will, and they likely wont have the same level of integrity.

I hunt the sheep of war...
  • Quidproquo
  • Irregular
  • 154 posts
  • Reputation 59
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • We all want something: QuidProQuo.
Sep 26 2014 6:39 am

Very nice points and stated so eloquently. But rockstar? LOL.
Okay I also have been seeing these rings pop up and unbalance the game even further. It is fine if you are doing it to build your team but it is BS to just group up and buy tons.

BUT

I have a solution: You must be with an alliance for one week before buying a "Naqpak"

I think this will work to help patch(not fix) the problem.

The chosen one, savior, and ultimate survivor. Will work for zambooki(coffee+vodka)
  • Cjamieson99
  • Respected
  • 640 posts
  • Reputation 203
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Sep 26 2014 6:41 am

I like that idea! Being in an alliance for one week before being allowed to buy naq packs.... and..... maybe 5 days after too?

• Kynell
  • Enthusiast
  • 240 posts
  • Reputation 127
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • I love 26horses Productions
Sep 26 2014 9:31 am

alliances built just for naq packs is sad more than anything, no exploit and not cheating but its just sad, if you going to buy naq you should buy it for your alliance that you are loyal to as those are the guys who are going to support you during war.

also really who needs millions of naq, its not like many of the people in game war or anything, just sits built up in the depositories gathering dust lol.

if you are getting the naq for a war, well the chances are the naq pack ring that comes together you may end up bring at war with each other anyway so its pointless lol.

• Excellion
  • Enthusiast
  • 296 posts
  • Reputation 118
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Sep 26 2014 12:01 pm

"I like that idea! Being in an alliance for one week before being allowed to buy naq packs.... and..... maybe 5 days after too?"

Wont work. Zero deterrent.

• Cjamieson99
  • Respected
  • 640 posts
  • Reputation 203
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Sep 26 2014 2:24 pm

lol shel kree you, Vitopian. It was his idea, not mine!

• Excellion
  • Enthusiast
  • 296 posts
  • Reputation 118
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Sep 26 2014 4:09 pm

Oh no you don't get to weasel out of this one.

His idea was "I have a solution: You must be with an alliance for one week before buying a "Naqpak"

I think this will work to help patch(not fix) the problem."

Completely useless. Presently, when players join an ally they can't leave for a week. Everyone involved with buying naq packs knows this already. So everyone is already willing to leave their ally, join a naq pack ally and be stuck there for a week. Whether they make the purchase on day 1 or day 7 is completely irrelevant.

His "idea" as you call is was to have a 7 day wait period which is already in place. So he didn't have an idea.

YOUR idea was to add an additional 5 days. That is new. I kindly suggest if players are already willing to wait 7 days, then waiting another 5 isn't going to be that significant of a deterrent. On both Chulak and Abyddos I was approached by different groups of players who were willing to wait the 7 days. Again, I don't like it but as long as it is permitted, I will participate.

So what would it take for me not to be willing to participate? If you said players cannot purchase an ally naq pack unless they have been in ally for 30 days, that would be sufficient. Of course, think of how Chulak would have been VERY different with such a rule.

• Cjamieson99
  • Respected
  • 640 posts
  • Reputation 203
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Sep 26 2014 10:01 pm

You were not around for the warlord war when everybody split up to do these naq packs, mainly the Covenant. You came after, when the covenant was a naq pack alliance, but no longer splitting off to do it with everyone. Warlords and Covenant would make "Naq Pak" alliances to mix with each other for 2.6 million naq a person and then go back to their alliance the day later. shel kree it. No solution.