26horses Forum
  • Shadowing
  • Devoted
  • 1440 posts
  • Reputation 240
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Captain of the boat or captain of the Sea?
Sep 24 2014 7:00 am

Anyone think Onac's ability to send gate threaders through the stargate is to powerful? Like for Chulak for instance?

Them being able to take over 20 planets with in a few minutes.

Thoughts and thoughts on what to do about it.

What ever you can do or dream you can always begin it because boldness has genius, power and magic in it
  • Chaldean
  • Irregular
  • 44 posts
  • Reputation 24
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • I love 26horses Productions
Sep 24 2014 7:02 am

Just limit how many you can send at once

Mother of Magic
  • Cjamieson99
  • Respected
  • 640 posts
  • Reputation 203
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • LET'S GET THOSE TERRORISTS!
Sep 24 2014 7:02 am

awww you're talking about me again ;)

Kelac! #1 cheater in the game, but you'll never catch me!
  • Kynell
  • Enthusiast
  • 240 posts
  • Reputation 127
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Sep 24 2014 7:05 am

I think voldy should be banned and removed from the game.

as for gate threaders just put the price up for the on chulak.

• Cjamieson99
  • Respected
  • 640 posts
  • Reputation 203
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Sep 24 2014 7:06 am

Agreed.

except for the price going up... No point in that. Fine the way it is, I don't normally use my threaders anyways....this was a special occasion.

• Ev3nturer
  • Irregular
  • 3 posts
  • Reputation 0
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Sep 24 2014 7:09 am

Putting up the price won't solve the issue, using the stargate to attack currently allows for instantaneous travel, to retake a planet by ship takes hours, putting the price up makes it more expensive to do this, but on chulak one cannot put a lot of troops on every planet which means you only need to enough to beat the gate defences.

• Soundwave
  • Irregular
  • 11 posts
  • Reputation 7
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Sep 24 2014 7:10 am

a shield for stargate preventing anything going thru if want to move resources or troops or reinforce thru gate have to drop shields and have to be reinforcement free to activate shield on planet

• Cjamieson99
  • Respected
  • 640 posts
  • Reputation 203
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Sep 24 2014 7:12 am

Well shel kree ... Did I break the game or something? lol

• Dissenter
  • Irregular
  • 84 posts
  • Reputation 44
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Sep 24 2014 7:42 am

I used to think it was really overpowered but when glider offense was decreased it helped bring them into balance. It still a bit overpowered in my opinion but not drastically. Not sure I have any brilliant ideas though.

One thing that could be changed is the big attack bonus being replaced by something else. Now that big bonus is able to be used on gate attacks, which is what makes it so deadly. Even without that, the ability to attack with threaders instead of jaffa is a huge advantage. I have shared among friends in the past that I believe that onac conqueror is probably the most overpowered class/race combo in the game due to the big attack bonuses with the threaders. Even without threaders at all, that's a huge attack bonus.

I suppose you could allow players to bury their stargates again too. It seems to me in an actual universe everyone would have that option. I wasn't playing when it was allowed and am not sure how it worked but i would propose a minimum amount of time it would take to set up or take down a gate. Say 24 hours. Then onacs could keep their superpowers, and it would be everyone's personal choice how many planets they want to risk to onac attack for the ability to move jaffa, slaves, and naqidah around quickly. Lets face it, if you want no gate worlds, it's not hard to aquire 20 with no gates so what's the difference? I am partial to this idea because nobody has to lose anything, and hopefully with a timer on the gate it won't be able to be exploited.

• Dissenter
  • Irregular
  • 84 posts
  • Reputation 44
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Sep 24 2014 7:50 am

I like Soundwave's idea also to a degree. It would be cool if you could have a planet with a gate-shield, although I would suggest limiting this. One idea is an expensive advanced building like a war satellite to provide this. I would propose either a) limiting this to one per player, or b) introducing a new 'hard to accomplish' infiltration mission to disable the gate shield.

• Chaldean
  • Irregular
  • 44 posts
  • Reputation 24
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Sep 24 2014 8:19 am

Shield would make it complicated

Mother of Magic
  • Kynell
  • Enthusiast
  • 240 posts
  • Reputation 127
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Sep 24 2014 10:39 am

could always make Jaffa stronger on chulak so it makes them worthwhile for other races to do gate attacks, double the hit points on them.

[1] 2 Next >>