• Dissenter
  • Irregular
  • 84 posts
  • Reputation 44
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • I love 26horses Productions
Aug 17 2014 9:39 pm

Seems we have a lot of changes and many times the majority are unhappy about them. I suggest forming a group of players run the 'radical' changes by before they go live. Many MMO's have a similar setup, depending on player feedback.

• Sadeyes
  • Enthusiast
  • 238 posts
  • Reputation 151
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Potato
Aug 17 2014 9:41 pm

I like the idea but I don't think it is something Shadowing would do.

It's impossible. I hate it. It's evil. It's astonishing. I want to kiss it to death.
  • Excellion
  • Enthusiast
  • 296 posts
  • Reputation 118
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Never back down, never surrender, no fear
Aug 17 2014 9:46 pm

At a minimum, ALL changes should be announced 7 days in advance. EVERY other game I played and even heard of does that for live games. This game is lived but is being treated like an open-beta.

I had an attack launched with my calcs completed, step away for the couple hours for my attack to travel, come back to find I dropped -25% attack due to the Achievement change. My attack which was a sure win before MAY have been a loss. I recalled because I didn't have the time to recalc everything on both sides in the few minutes of time I had.

The SS change of military made it to where some players are not 1 mill+ over their military pop. Those players are forced to change their planet setups. They have to either buy naq, building credits, or wait days to change their planets by destroying buildings.

I want to be supporting of Shadowing and the game, but these unannounced sweeping changes are exactly what throws players "over the edge" and stop playing.

I hunt the sheep of war...
  • Dissenter
  • Irregular
  • 84 posts
  • Reputation 44
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • I love 26horses Productions
Aug 18 2014 12:06 am

I agree the sudden and radical changes are the most annoying thing about the game. I've had similar such situations, and I think everyone is frustrated with changes their planet setups on a bi-weekly basis.

I understand the need to fix some things immediately, especially bugs or exploits. I do however feel strongly that whenever races or tech is changed he should offer free resets.

• Shade3130
  • Irregular
  • 71 posts
  • Reputation 24
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Guess my real identity.
Aug 18 2014 12:32 am

+1 for 1 week's notice

I don't think a council of feedback givers will work (as we already have that in game chat). I mean, Shadowing already made a voting system (which could be used on a monthly basis) to gain feedback.

Instead of a player council, I want/suggest Shadowing to somehow incorporate the voting system with how things are going.
Like say if Shadowing has a list of new things to add and the player base of main server vote for what they think is best for Shadowing's focus to incorporate next. This is NOT for us players to tell shadowing how to build his game, but a medium to express our opinion and help better the game.

I actually hope this Voting system is used more often (with 1 vote per account)as I keep hearing drama about new updates and such.

You guys must really hate me....