26horses Forum
  • Mythology216
  • Irregular
  • 28 posts
  • Reputation 10
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Be safe. Stay alive. Fight smart, not hard.
Aug 05 2014 1:10 am

1. As allies of the Ancients, the Asgard and Furling races would have a considerable understanding of the Stargate technology. Therefore, it would be awesome if they had the ability to build Stargates.

2. The Goa'uld and Onac are scavengers of technology. Therefore, they could have an infiltration mission to steal Stargates.

3. Give alliances the ability to build ZPMs. Each member would have to donate a certain amount of naq.

4. Supergates. Once again, this can only be built by an alliance. It would be powered by a ZPM and after a certain amount of uses a new ZPM would need to be made. A supergate can only be built in a sector controlled by the alliance. Each member has to contribute a certain amount of naq to complete construction. You can only travel through supergates controlled by your alliance. Since there are going to be 5 person alliances, limit the number of supergates per alliance to 10. In order to eliminate abuse limit use of supergates to wartime only.

If you have any ideas that would make this better, please share them.

Krivon, God of Mongooses; Heraclysseus, God of Fate
  • Portermoore
  • Irregular
  • 17 posts
  • Reputation 10
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • I love 26horses Productions
Aug 05 2014 1:15 am

It would be awesome to use super gates and move entire fleets across the galaxy. Would make things move a little faster since there is a 1000 planet max in the new server its going to be huge.

LordSnow: My wolf will devour your soul
  • Mythology216
  • Irregular
  • 28 posts
  • Reputation 10
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Aug 05 2014 1:15 am

Credit for these ideas goes to the Peacekeepers alliance.

• Endersshadow
  • Irregular
  • 73 posts
  • Reputation 51
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Fear the Ashrak
Aug 05 2014 1:23 am

well some of those could work. but this gave me an idea. what about in the center of the sector map there is like 3-5 super stations. an alliance can only control one of them but with them under control they give improvements like +5% Naq income and upped % of def off and such. with members being able to send Naq to the station and the alliance leader being able to spend that Naq in increase the buffs but at the same time they need to protect it cuz if someone takes it they get a % of the buffs done by the other alliance and can start on their own. this makes a good target for continued warfare and a target for alliance wars say if both alliances have a alliance station at the start of the war the first to lose the station losses.

Worship the TACO or face it
  • Mythology216
  • Irregular
  • 28 posts
  • Reputation 10
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Aug 05 2014 1:25 am

That sounds like a great idea, Ender.

• Portermoore
  • Irregular
  • 17 posts
  • Reputation 10
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Aug 05 2014 1:28 am

yea ender that sounds really good that would be a good way to decide who wins a war besides resetting every alliance member

LordSnow: My wolf will devour your soul
  • Ra8472
  • Irregular
  • 23 posts
  • Reputation 16
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Kneel Before Zod!
Aug 05 2014 2:51 am

I would agree some form of territorial conquest would be nice and less devastating for the loser

I hunt the hunters of hunting hunted sheep or something.
  • Dissenter
  • Irregular
  • 84 posts
  • Reputation 44
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Aug 05 2014 4:50 am

Actually when i read the first post in this thread, my thought was instantly of a 'superstation', or maybe ancient planets with a super defence device, perhaps both. Something similar to what Ender said. Things you claim as a status symbol. It instantly makes you a target for other players but gives you some perks too. Can't have protection on something like this though. Here's thoughts on things we could take and defend. Maybe a status bonus for holding them on top of the implied perks.

1. Ancient Defence Weapon
2. Ancient 'Gate attack weapon' (like the one Anubis used on the SGC iris, particle beam, reducing gate defence, possibly over time)
3. Super Space station
4. Improved shipyard
5. Improved naqidah mine
6. Supergate(s)
7. Flying City (like Atlantis, can move it, but could also conquer it while it could not be destroyed)
8. Cloning facility

Feel free to add to this or build off these. Just random, incomplete ideas. I do suggest making some available to individual players, and some for alliances so there is incentive for both. Possibly even let players in the same alliance fight over some things. That is the Goa'uld way, after all.

• Shade3130
  • Irregular
  • 71 posts
  • Reputation 24
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Guess my real identity.
Aug 05 2014 5:04 am

I like the supergate idea. it similar to an idea i made in past.
the centralized station COULD work since i have played a game that did it in past and it gave the alliance power for holding it. (in the other space game it was called and Alliance Fortress and took a very very long time to make since only the strong ones can make it.)

@Dissenter i would prefer a RPG planet named Chulak equiped with a Dakara superweapon instead of "potentially" giving each player the ability to destroy the stargates.
1. I rather the Dakara superweapon to kill off a % of planetary slaves in a sector.
2. And since it is powerful, the superweapon must be unlocked by solving a puzzle (similar to show).
3. like Ender's centralized stations idea, we fight for control of it and the conquering alliance/player must solve the puzzle in order to use it themselves as protection from easy abuse. (say that the puzzle resets and varies each time there is new owner).

sorry about walltext i just love all your contributions to ideas to perfect Shadowing's game. :)

You guys must really hate me....
  • Shade3130
  • Irregular
  • 71 posts
  • Reputation 24
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Guess my real identity.
Aug 06 2014 2:25 am

how about adding feature to allow players to apply to alliances (possibly through the alliance rank page), for alliance leaders to view applicants and whether to accept/reject individual applications to an alliance.

that way it won't be just dependent on the alliance leader being present all the time to get players into alliances.

You guys must really hate me....
  • Mythology216
  • Irregular
  • 28 posts
  • Reputation 10
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Aug 06 2014 5:13 am

Nice idea. I remember when I first started, I wanted to be able to apply to alliances and was confused when it wouldn't let me.