• Cjamieson99
  • Respected
  • 640 posts
  • Reputation 203
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • LET'S GET THOSE TERRORISTS!
Jul 07 2014 4:17 pm

Well I like what vitopian said; something like achievement points, you earn tech points by being successful in attacks maybe. Maybe they can be like status in that you get 1 tech point per 1k net that you kill, make tech slightly more powerful and stop calling it regular tech because it would be somewhat special like achievement tech is. It would just be called technology.

Kelac! #1 cheater in the game, but you'll never catch me!
  • Excellion
  • Enthusiast
  • 296 posts
  • Reputation 118
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Never back down, never surrender, no fear
Jul 07 2014 7:56 pm

What Demo shared is an idea too. If players did have research facilities / tech buildings, then a couple ideas:

1. If players have, lets say, 100 tech buildings on each planet, even if the buildings are created instantly it can take time for the tech to grow...like a ship regenerating.

2. Once the tech buildings reach 100%, which perhaps could take ?10 days, an infiltrate mission could be "steal tech".

3. Bombers and infiltrate missions should have more control over which buildings they hit. They should be able to take out research facilities, gate defense, etc.

4. Goa'uld are known for stealing tech. Based on the new race attributes introduced, the general feeling is Goa'uld are weak. I suggest Goa'uld are known for stealing tech, and should be better at it.

I hunt the sheep of war...
  • Unrealist
  • Irregular
  • 3 posts
  • Reputation 0
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • I love 26horses Productions
Jul 08 2014 5:12 am

I reckon both Draco and Vitopian's ideas are pretty good. Either one would be fine by me.

• Zirnitra
  • Irregular
  • 151 posts
  • Reputation 51
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Black Dragon of Death
Jul 09 2014 9:06 pm

Sorry, pasted from another but appropiate for reg tech points

Make it that the tech lab is on 1 planet only.

The lab makes points, but requires slaves/naq as payment to increase efficiency.

So, basic is like 1 point per 2hrs. Increasing efficiency will increase production. Done by using slaves/naq

When you get to 500 tech points, the tech stops. You need then to pay more naq/slaves (50K slaves/250k naq) to increase raise tech level.

This then will start to build 1 point per 2hrs, again using slaves/naq to increase efficiency. Get another 500 points (1000 tech in total) and you need to increase tech level again (100K slaves/500k Naq)

Using slaves is a great way to stop wallet lords, as you will need to build homes to start producing slaves.

Asgards get a better efficiency increase due to homes penalty.

A scientist personality will decrease the cost, so an asgard sceintist will make good with tech.

• Dissenter
  • Irregular
  • 84 posts
  • Reputation 44
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • I love 26horses Productions
Aug 13 2014 2:39 am

I vote for old system with a few changes.

1. 500 base tech. Then even new players can customize their character more.
2. Advanced buildings with 50 tech per building, allowing for 1000 max with 10 tech buildings. If possible, make the buildings gain 'x' amount of tech points per day until they reach 50. Say two or three points per day.

Something for new players and something for the bigger players to work towards.
Also it still gives an incentive to buy naqidah, but not a large one because there is no instant gratification and a chance to lose it. No matter what you lose you would always have 500 base tech to customize your character.

<< Previous 1 [2]