26horses Forum
  • Shadowing
  • Devoted
  • 1440 posts
  • Reputation 240
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Captain of the boat or captain of the Sea?
Jul 07 2014 11:37 am

So everyone just wants the old technology system back then?

The issue with having labs gain tech over time is players would max out pretty fast.

The issue I had with the old system was everyone would just build 100 labs on every planet.

I could just have people gain tech over time with out labs.

What ever you can do or dream you can always begin it because boldness has genius, power and magic in it
  • Cjamieson99
  • Respected
  • 640 posts
  • Reputation 203
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • LET'S GET THOSE TERRORISTS!
Jul 07 2014 11:41 am

Why not just give everyone 500 tech that can't be taken or destroyed? and keep the old system? That way they could only max out one field and it would be unwise to do so, most people would spread it out in what they want.

Kelac! #1 cheater in the game, but you'll never catch me!
  • Adadad
  • Irregular
  • 58 posts
  • Reputation 25
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • yarg
Jul 07 2014 11:42 am

maybe people should gain tech over time based on how many jaffa they have or something, but gaining regular tech from bombing people im pretty sure noone likes lol

• Lordzues81
  • Irregular
  • 35 posts
  • Reputation 11
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • I love 26horses Productions
Jul 07 2014 11:44 am

yea just give everyone 500 tech points and let them do what they want with it

dont need to add building to make tech points just give us 500 tech points and let us put them were we want them and if people mess up then let them pay for a reset

or let us earn them like the longer you play the more tech points you get and max could be 500 tech points or even 1k

• Cjamieson99
  • Respected
  • 640 posts
  • Reputation 203
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Jul 07 2014 11:44 am

Actually a good idea, Adadad, that way if someone rises to quickly through wallet lording they will have no regular tech, lol.

• Draco2210
  • Irregular
  • 4 posts
  • Reputation 4
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Jul 07 2014 11:51 am

why not give tech over time based on slaves?

if people focus on building military units they lose slaves,
just like reality if you focus on military you dont pay the scientists, also you could give scientist personality a boost to the % ratio
so base the amount gained over time on the slaves, races use slaves and population as test subjects to develop tech points OR they use them as soldiers in building troops

• Lordzues81
  • Irregular
  • 35 posts
  • Reputation 11
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Jul 07 2014 12:00 pm

draco thats not a bad idea

• Anubis813
  • Irregular
  • 1 posts
  • Reputation 1
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Jul 07 2014 12:08 pm

1k to spread how a player see fit, sounds good.

• Cjamieson99
  • Respected
  • 640 posts
  • Reputation 203
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Jul 07 2014 12:18 pm

Anubis, the problem with having 1,000 tech is that people will just put it all in two things, one being production, which is exactly what shadowing doesn't want.

I like adadad's idea of gaining tech over time and I think shadowing should too for the same reason he made building ships cost slaves. But I also think that the max tech should be 500 with the ability to put 500 in each field of tech, that forces you to think about it a bit more and I would say adds a bit more strategy then before when everyone else had all in production and defence.

• Excellion
  • Enthusiast
  • 296 posts
  • Reputation 118
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Never back down, never surrender, no fear
Jul 07 2014 1:38 pm

Every time a player attacks another and a full combat report is generated (not the "attacker / defense was too strong to get accurate numbers" message) a player earns 1 tech point for attack / defense, depending on their role in the battle.

Each time a player successfully spy drones, they get 1 point for Intelligence. When jaffa are used for infiltration, a point of tech is earned...and so forth.

The above idea offers two advantages:

1. It aligns with real life. The more you perform an activity, the better you get at it.

2. It addresses Kelac's concern so people can't just buy tech. They have to earn it over time by playing.

Many players wont like this idea because it takes too much time to max out, but it is likely best for the game.

I hunt the sheep of war...
  • Demogorgon
  • Enthusiast
  • 224 posts
  • Reputation 109
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Jul 07 2014 3:47 pm

So Tech is something you build toward. I was thinking that you bring back labs. Make them like homes but instead of slaves they give research points. Like X/hour. Each tech point takes so much research to get to the next point. Now people can steal that research and add it to their own in infiltration missions as well. Efficiency boosts research too like slaves would.

• Cjamieson99
  • Respected
  • 640 posts
  • Reputation 203
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Jul 07 2014 4:17 pm

Well I like what vitopian said; something like achievement points, you earn tech points by being successful in attacks maybe. Maybe they can be like status in that you get 1 tech point per 1k net that you kill, make tech slightly more powerful and stop calling it regular tech because it would be somewhat special like achievement tech is. It would just be called technology.

[1] 2 Next >>