• Dissenter
  • Irregular
  • 84 posts
  • Reputation 44
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • I love 26horses Productions
Jul 05 2014 5:30 am

Seeing every stargate episode about 10 times...Seems obvious to me. Al'kesh bombers are 'bombers'. Very effective at taking out group support such as troops and turrets. Not as useful against other ships. The other HUGE thing about the Al'Kesh is after the first few seasons, they all had cloaking technology. Even came out of cloak and disabled a mother ship before it knew what hit it. Didn't destroy it, but took out it's engines and hyperdrive. 'Dead in the water' was the term they used.

1. Cloak. (no observatory detection)
2. Exceptional damage against ground troops and destroy buildings.
3. Excels on offense. Poor at defending against ships. Maybe +50% attack damage and defense against ground forces. -50% damage when defending against ships.

• Macca
  • Irregular
  • 31 posts
  • Reputation 10
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Jul 05 2014 5:54 am

Remember that this is set 1000 years before the show

• Dissek
  • Irregular
  • 3 posts
  • Reputation 1
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Jul 05 2014 7:30 am

I would just like bombardments to be more than once every 6 hours. Unless you have a huge bomber force, bombardments seem more like an inconvenience to the defender than anything. Sure I've destroyed a few buildings, but they can be built up again before I can destroy more.

• Cjamieson99
  • Respected
  • 640 posts
  • Reputation 203
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • LET'S GET THOSE TERRORISTS!
Jul 05 2014 9:35 am

...So you want to make it really easy to reset people? You do realize that if you can reset people that easily there would be no more skill involved, it would just be a matter of taking their planets and bombing them to reset. You should have to work hard to reset somebody and it should have to cost you 10 planets to do so, they need that time to free themselves or have someone free their planets for them. It needs to be harder to reset people, not easier.

Kelac! #1 cheater in the game, but you'll never catch me!
  • Dissek
  • Irregular
  • 3 posts
  • Reputation 1
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Jul 05 2014 10:31 am

At the rate it is now, I wouldn't be resetting anyone is what I'm saying. Right now I average 3 buildings destroyed per bombardment. Presuming they have the max of 400 buildings, it would take me 33 days of round the clock bombings to vacate that planet... That's 11 months to reset someone of all 10 planets. And that's also presuming they don't do anything else to interfere. They could easily ignore the bombings and rebuild their lost buildings faster than I can bomb them.

So one of two things needs to happen: a) Bombardments need to be more than once every 6 hours, or b) the number of buildings destroyed needs to scale better to how many bombers you're using.

• Cjamieson99
  • Respected
  • 640 posts
  • Reputation 203
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • LET'S GET THOSE TERRORISTS!
Jul 05 2014 1:19 pm

Umm, no. You need to build more bombers if you want to reset somebody.... and you can do 10 planets at once... so It wouldn't take 11 months. lol

Kelac! #1 cheater in the game, but you'll never catch me!