• Aldinach
  • Irregular
  • 48 posts
  • Reputation 8
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Shel nok.
Jul 02 2014 8:31 am

Anyone who has been playing since before the reset will probably agree with me on this: the Market has completely spiralled out of control.

And no; this isn't a rant against people who buy things in the market, since I have made purchases in the market myself.

HOWEVER, the prices need to be static. There's been a trend over the last several months of lowering the prices for things over and over and over, which, while it generates more purchases in the short-term, is going to MAJORLY lose a lot of players down the line.

The reason is very simple: people are NOT getting a consistent value for what they are spending. Period.

Let's say I spent $100 on Naquadah in the market, at $20 per 100k Naquadah. So, I get 500k Naquadah.

Three days later, the price in the market for the SAME amount of Naquadah is dropped to $10. So, a player who spends the SAME $100 just got 1 million Naquadah, where I only got half as much for the same amount of money.

I've been playing since well before the Reset, and I really don't want to know how much money I've spent since I began playing originally (please don't tell me), but since the prices in the Market have constantly been dropping over and over again, I haven't bought a thing.

Not because I don't need the things in the Market, but because I don't feel that my money is being valued when I buy something, and then a few days later, somebody can get twice as much (or 10 times as much, if we're looking at Market prices just post-Reset and 6 months later).

So, really, the Market needs to be stabilized. No more price drops. Unless and until the Market starts holding a stable value for more than a couple weeks to a month at a stretch, I personally won't be spending a dime in it.

Mekta satak Oz!
  • Shadowing
  • Devoted
  • 1440 posts
  • Reputation 240
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Captain of the boat or captain of the Sea?
Jul 02 2014 8:33 am

Ya im planning on increasing it and keeping it increased for a while. I just got hit so hard on that advertising I bought which did hardly any good it seems.

What ever you can do or dream you can always begin it because boldness has genius, power and magic in it
  • Cjamieson99
  • Respected
  • 640 posts
  • Reputation 203
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • LET'S GET THOSE TERRORISTS!
Jul 02 2014 8:34 am

If you all lost the market I would kill you all

Kelac! #1 cheater in the game, but you'll never catch me!
  • Aldinach
  • Irregular
  • 48 posts
  • Reputation 8
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Shel nok.
Jul 02 2014 8:39 am

I didn't say anything about taking away the Market, just to stop dropping the prices so our money is actually worth something when we use it.

Untwist your panties.

Mekta satak Oz!
  • Cjamieson99
  • Respected
  • 640 posts
  • Reputation 203
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Jul 02 2014 8:44 am

1v1 me

• Aldinach
  • Irregular
  • 48 posts
  • Reputation 8
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Shel nok.
Jul 02 2014 9:04 am

In your imagination, maybe. You're not even making coherent posts now. Go to sleep. :-P

Mekta satak Oz!
  • Cjamieson99
  • Respected
  • 640 posts
  • Reputation 203
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Jul 02 2014 2:17 pm

lol