• Progeekzy
  • Irregular
  • 110 posts
  • Reputation 66
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Hates pay to win games.
Jun 21 2014 3:07 pm

A few things i have been thinking about.

First, not all races should be using naq. What about having each race using a different type of resource?

Not all planets would have naq on them. You could have 1 type of mineral on each planet. So if you were an asguard and you owned a naq planet, you are gaining a useless resource.

But then you could have a player market. If said asguard wanted to sell his naq he could put it up on the auction house. Or do trade with another player.

Second, should resources be unlimited? If you limited how much resource each planet had to say, 100 billion, eventually a player would have to go take a new planet. That could open up wars in the future, fighting for resource planets.

These are just some things i have been thinking about for awhile. Asgard using naq? Thats a topic for another day. Not sure how a feel about being an asgard and having slaves. Then again if you changed them to citizens or something, how do i steal slaves if i dont use slaves? i rescue them and they come work for me> meh. Thoughts?

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!
  • Sobek
  • Irregular
  • 46 posts
  • Reputation 7
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • So 2 Unas and a Rabbi walk into a bar . .
Jun 21 2014 7:30 pm

I like this and as much I like staying put on some of my current planets I think this would help encourage people to move around and fight over territory (which can only improve the game). It would also encourage players to weigh the strategic benefits of a planet vs it's economic benefits.

And this also goes back to a previous thread of mine, in that a player marketplace and having multiple resources will benefit players who enjoy the profit (and defense of their profits) aspect of the game.

2ic: Shadows Dragoons (Original TFO, founded Aschen Empire and Volian Union)
  • Cjamieson99
  • Respected
  • 640 posts
  • Reputation 203
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • LET'S GET THOSE TERRORISTS!
Jun 21 2014 9:21 pm

lol, do you know how big a number 1 hundred billion is?... that amount of naq won't ever be reached by anyone, ever.

Kelac! #1 cheater in the game, but you'll never catch me!
  • Sobek
  • Irregular
  • 46 posts
  • Reputation 7
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • So 2 Unas and a Rabbi walk into a bar . .
Jun 21 2014 10:43 pm

I think we're getting into semantics here :-/

2ic: Shadows Dragoons (Original TFO, founded Aschen Empire and Volian Union)
  • Aldinach
  • Irregular
  • 48 posts
  • Reputation 8
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Shel nok.
Jul 02 2014 8:07 am

I like the idea of some kind of in-game auction or trading system. That's exactly what I was thinking of when I agreed that an in-game market was a good idea; not a cash market, which I think kind of blind-sided most of the original players, since that was not at all what we had been asking for. *coughShadowingcough*

And keeping it so it's a universal trading system would hopefully keep people with multis from using it to pump themselves; if the trade system is automatically posted and available to ALL players, it would be down to who wanted to trade their stuff for what you were offering first, with little chance for multi-accounts to abuse the system.

Mekta satak Oz!