• Enthusiast
  • 296 posts
  • Reputation 118
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Never back down, never surrender, no fear
Jun 17 2014 9:45 am

A few questions for the community:

1. If I launch an attack on a vacant world, how long do I have after troops land to decide whether to claim the world or not? If I attack then go to sleep, when I wake up will I find the 100 Jaffa I sent are back on the attacking planet?

2. Does it make any difference when attacking a vacant world if I send 1 Jaffa or 100?

3. I recently took over a world which had 5k slaves on it. What is the most number of slaves an unclaimed world can have?

4. The Sector map shows most of the galaxy sectors as red, but a few appear as space. What is the significance of a red sector vs open space?

5. I accidentally built a space station while in Protection. I can't place the station apparently. When protection is lifted, I can place it but others have shared I wont be able to defend it against others. What can I do to maximize my chances of being able to defend the station?

For example, if I wish to have a highly defensive strategy for a planet, I could get one without a stargate then load it with Turrets. What is the space station equivalent?

Thanks in advance for any guidance.

I hunt the sheep of war...
  • Progeekzy
  • Irregular
  • 110 posts
  • Reputation 66
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Hates pay to win games.
Jun 17 2014 10:28 am

Vacant planets are vacant. Nothings on it. You can take it with 1 jaffa. Your troops stay there. I keep small amounts of forces on random vacant planets as ban up planets in case i need to give up one of mine or if one of mine gets taken i can just claim that one real quick and build it up.

the 5k slaves on the vacant planet is default. thats the population of the planet bowing down and serving you. If you took over a players planet you would get however many they built up, bu vacant planets will always have the same amount.

Red sectors are sectors with space stations. If its not red it dosent have a space station. Green sectors are sectors you have a space station on.

space stations make you a target. but you can only be a target to those around your net worth. you cannot change buildings on space stations.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!
  • Excellion
  • Enthusiast
  • 296 posts
  • Reputation 118
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Jun 17 2014 1:10 pm

Thank you for sharing these responses.

You shared the 5k slaves is the default for a vacant planet. That is definitely not my experience. Since you shared the response, I have taken over 2 vacant planets. One had zero slaves but offered 2k Naq. The other had 5k slaves but no Naq. The planets I previously took over did not have any slaves.

Your response regarding leaving troops is interesting. So I can send 1 Jaffa to every vacant planet on the map and just leave it there? No one else can take over the planet and it is basically reserved for a future time when I may wish to take it over? That sounds like a bug. I would think after ??? 1 day if you do not take it over your troops return home or are lost.

I only see options to "reinforce" or "take over". Is there not a way I can recall my troops without taking over the world? For example, if I send jaffa to a vacant planet and it does not have 5k slaves, I prefer to move on to another world that does.

• Macca
  • Irregular
  • 31 posts
  • Reputation 10
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • I love 26horses Productions
Jun 17 2014 1:48 pm

If you leave troops on a planet they are still open to attack from other players.

• Macca
  • Irregular
  • 31 posts
  • Reputation 10
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Jun 17 2014 1:50 pm

Also to move troops, you have to select the destination planet first (weather it's yours or not) and then you can change where they are coming from with one of the tabs up the top

• Excellion
  • Enthusiast
  • 296 posts
  • Reputation 118
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Jun 17 2014 1:51 pm

Figured out how to recall the troops...thank you!

For anyone else with the same issue, choose REINFORCE then OFFWORLD ARMIES

• Dissenter
  • Irregular
  • 84 posts
  • Reputation 44
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Jul 25 2014 2:03 am

5k slaves is the default but if the planet was previously owned, it could have any amount. I've sieged worlds with 0 and worlds with 100k. I suspect the same is true of naqidah and it stays if the world is abandoned but i have yet to find one with naqidah on it.

• Dissenter
  • Irregular
  • 84 posts
  • Reputation 44
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Jul 25 2014 6:24 am

Scratch that. Took two vacant planets with naqidah tonight so it definitely does stay.