26horses Forum
  • Sobek
  • Irregular
  • 46 posts
  • Reputation 7
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • So 2 Unas and a Rabbi walk into a bar . .
Jun 11 2014 9:34 pm

I know a few players (myself included) have previously pleaded for straight up naq trade between players and that it probably won't happen anytime soon. But what about instituting other resources that could be traded (either for naq or for other goods)? Maybe some planets contain certain resources that can be traded for others?

I guess what I'm getting at is that we should craft an in-game economy so that players who enjoy the wealth acquisition parts of the game can create a sort of merchant class.

And of course traders need to protect their goods, which means they'd still have to invest in warships (just because there's trade doesn't mean it has to cease being a wargame).

I wish I had a more detailed pitch but it's just something to think about. Trading of goods within the game could really liven things up (and now that there are other races besides the Goa'uld, we don't have to be all blood and guts all the time and should be able to embrace other styles of play).

2ic: Shadows Dragoons (Original TFO, founded Aschen Empire and Volian Union)
  • Shadowing
  • Devoted
  • 1440 posts
  • Reputation 240
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Captain of the boat or captain of the Sea?
Jun 11 2014 9:44 pm

Ya I have been pondering ideas on making system lords more than just a war game.

What ever you can do or dream you can always begin it because boldness has genius, power and magic in it
  • Hamiler
  • Irregular
  • 127 posts
  • Reputation 77
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Hold Fast
Jun 11 2014 9:56 pm

*Ya I have been pondering ideas on making system lords more than just a war game.*

it can very well turn into more then a war game this games half way there to being the best stargate game ever made.....

Leader of the Asgard Fleet
  • Demogorgon
  • Enthusiast
  • 224 posts
  • Reputation 109
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • I love 26horses Productions
Jun 11 2014 11:05 pm

We need more resources then just Naq. The Asgard do not use Naq in their technology, they use Neutronium. Ships should be built with more than just Naq. I know shadowing you don’t like Evony, but they do have some great ideas. We could have a galaxy market where people sell & buy resources. We set our own price and such. The System Lords could mix in with the galaxy market. It takes more than Naq to rule an empire. Jaffa need food and weapons, so there is food and Naq. Motherships need Naq say one or two other resources, gliders need Naq and one other resource, yaha yeha yeha.

• Sobek
  • Irregular
  • 46 posts
  • Reputation 7
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • So 2 Unas and a Rabbi walk into a bar . .
Jun 12 2014 1:14 am

I like the idea of other resources besides naq and having a market place could be really interesting (I agree, the goa'uld, out of necessity, would need to partake).

Maybe have it so that planets randomly house a resource other than naq (Naquadria, for example). Knowing that naquadria is a rare and valuable resource, players will be more eager to control a world with access to it. Then they can choose to keep the naquadria for their own purposes (the style of play we use now) or become a trader and sell their naquadria on the marketplace for a larger profit.

Maybe smaller trade alliances would even start up and then there'd be more of a reason for alliances to fight (it'd be over resources, and it could help break the monotony of their only being 2 or 3 uber alliances in the game).

I know i'd love to be an alliance that had a focus on making money (and fighting to preserve our profit margins and decimate the competition as opposed to just for kicks).

2ic: Shadows Dragoons (Original TFO, founded Aschen Empire and Volian Union)
  • Doctorzoidberg
  • Irregular
  • 95 posts
  • Reputation 51
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Jun 12 2014 6:30 am

How about a *Leader that goes along with our personalitys, We can dress them up.

Win armor and weapons from battles, or events, packs of 5 low worth, Medium Worth, High worth items in the market.

We could then implement that into the trading process, To auction them off to eachother for Naq.

It would also help if we had another resource like Naquadria, that we could use as a conversion,

A user could set his price, He wants to sell 15,000 naquada, and get 550 naquadria out of the deal.

he could horde his naquadria, Or invest it into something else, perhaps troops, or tech of some sort.

Or he could wait for a good deal to come along, Like, 550 naquadria for 20000 naquada, and get allot of naquada all at once to build what he likes.

It would be like adding Galaxy credits and Naq into a trading system that you can use to purchas ingame items like armor or weapons for your Profiles Leader. Witch would in turn give you some Bluff like 10% more attack in battle.

• Shadowing
  • Devoted
  • 1440 posts
  • Reputation 240
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Captain of the boat or captain of the Sea?
Jun 12 2014 7:08 am

Would need like 20 resources types. But yah would be interesting

What ever you can do or dream you can always begin it because boldness has genius, power and magic in it
  • Doctorzoidberg
  • Irregular
  • 95 posts
  • Reputation 51
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Jun 12 2014 7:57 pm

even better, lets just implement the whole periodic table