• Kaguli
  • Irregular
  • 87 posts
  • Reputation 43
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Power in a refined form
May 13 2014 1:52 pm

What if having homes on your planet gave a bonus to ship repair cost/speed/etc.?

Shadowing mentioned an issue of wanting homes to be more useful. This would allow people to repair ships on their home worlds but not just sit on a sieged world and regenerate. This way we could have health regeneration back in the game and have a use for homes beyond slave farming, destroy, build slave camps.

Thoughts?

Edit: Taking for granted that the current glitch with instant repair would be fixed, of course.

• Kelac
  • Irregular
  • 101 posts
  • Reputation 58
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • The Unstoppable
May 13 2014 1:59 pm

It's a horrible Idea because you basically suggested having ships cost naqahdah to repair.

Which basically undermines the entire point of building motherships, namely that they can repair themselves over time.

• Kaguli
  • Irregular
  • 87 posts
  • Reputation 43
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
May 13 2014 2:11 pm

Umm, that's not at all what I said, in the slightest.

I'm suggesting that it would require some of the build slots on your planets, which homes are supposed to take up as soon as a way to make them more useful is found.

Please explain how that would cost naq for repairs.

Do you mean because of having to build the homes? Shadowing would surely give some build credits if a change was made to how buildings work just as he has in the past and gives tech resets when he alters tech points.

• Kelac
  • Irregular
  • 101 posts
  • Reputation 58
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • The Unstoppable
May 13 2014 2:19 pm

"What if having homes on your planet gave a bonus to ship repair *cost*/speed/etc.?"

I highlighted the most relevant part with * *

• Progeekzy
  • Irregular
  • 110 posts
  • Reputation 66
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Hates pay to win games.
May 13 2014 2:24 pm

Why is this a horrible idea? My post had something along the same lines.

Is it the spend naq to repair ship you are against? Just about any other mmo out there has something similar. World of warcraft, you have to spend in game currency when a item loses durability.

Or does it really make sense that something that gets damaged simply repairs over time by doing nothing? So if i take my car out and smash it into a tree i can park it in my garage over night and the next morning it will look brand new?

Items lose durability. Should there not be a cost to refill that durability?

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!
  • Kaguli
  • Irregular
  • 87 posts
  • Reputation 43
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
May 13 2014 2:25 pm

I'm not suggesting there be a cost. You may want to read the completely separate thread suggesting the naq cost for repairs.

My suggestion is that homes give a buff to whatever mechanism for ship repair there is. If it's naq, a constant rate, taking the ship offline for a while, it doesn't matter. That's why that was nonspecific.

Good job ignoring the bulk of my suggestion and picking out the one thing you didn't like so you could give me a dishonorable though.

• Kaguli
  • Irregular
  • 87 posts
  • Reputation 43
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
May 13 2014 2:28 pm

That said, Pro, I did like your suggestion. I think a cost would make sense, but that's not at all what this is about.

• Kynell
  • Enthusiast
  • 240 posts
  • Reputation 127
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • I love 26horses Productions
May 13 2014 2:38 pm

spending naq to repair ships is a awesome idea considering if ur ships gets damaged in battle on the show or in real life u would need materials to fix them anyway.

also it will protect smaller players more from us big guys because it will cost naq to bully them.

• Pepperytie303
  • Irregular
  • 7 posts
  • Reputation 1
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
May 13 2014 3:02 pm

As i said on Progeezky's forum topic, wars should be expensive and not cheap let us pay for repairs and no-auto repairs it aren't wraith ships guys but goa'uld ships i bet they had to get lot's of materials to repair their damaged ships (goa'uld).

• Lesnmore
  • Irregular
  • 103 posts
  • Reputation 24
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
May 14 2014 5:07 pm

Great idea! Incorporate this with what Kynell said and it would solve many ingame issues!

(Kynell, sorry but I had to agree with you. Yes, that pains me!)

:)