• Locutusbrg
  • Irregular
  • 9 posts
  • Reputation 11
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • I love 26horses Productions
May 04 2014 7:45 pm

If you increase the number of buildings you should have to keep a number of homes to maintain your slave population. The way most players do it now is max out slaves and destroy homes to gain military cap space. Make owners maintain a level of housing for slaves to keep them up if you remove below a certain level then you slowly lose slaves over time.
Same thing for resources. Keep Naq as the primary way to build fleets and jaffa but you need to keep resources coming in to maintain fleets. They can slowly become damaged or troops more susceptible to brainwashing if resource output falls. The bigger the fleet the greater the demand upon resources. So if you build really huge fleets you pay a big cost in resource production to maintain them or you will slowly lose ships to disrepair.
You will have to be careful with the cap space for military. People will wait till you are offline and can easily wipe you out by killing a few worlds.

• Shadowing
  • Devoted
  • 1440 posts
  • Reputation 240
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Captain of the boat or captain of the Sea?
May 04 2014 7:58 pm

ya that's how I was going to do the resources in the game pretty much. I might re think what slaves do in the game instead of directly giving naqahdah

What ever you can do or dream you can always begin it because boldness has genius, power and magic in it
  • Adadad
  • Irregular
  • 58 posts
  • Reputation 25
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • yarg
May 04 2014 8:10 pm

i strongly dislike the idea of having a "food" type resource where you must keep spending more and more to maintain your troops, infact thats one of the reason i dislike evony since you spend so much time working on building up the troops in the 1st place just so you can wake up and see a weeks worth of work has starved to death because some random dude took your planet. instead i would recommend a resource that is more like a fuel and to send X amount of ships it will require Y amount of fuel for them to consume, and if you dont have enough fuel the ships cant move

• Kaarramma
  • Irregular
  • 47 posts
  • Reputation 27
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Nefertiti (you figure it out!)
May 04 2014 8:44 pm

TO me Shadowing you have lost some of the original perspective of the game you wanted to create, as is its a little broken and unbalanced. I love the idea of re-doing the Naq mines, what about adding in 1 world in each sector that has Naq and the rest are depleted. Also once a player buys buildings they stay in their inventory unless they are destroyed, players can move these to other worlds. Should do away with HOMES and only have fortresses, or slave camps are for slaves and fortresses are for Jaffa. Fortess level 1 through 10..ect ect on all the buildings instead of using 100. level 1 = 10 and so on. Simpler the better, I know its got to be a lot of mental work to make changes or make new things. I know I have the patience to stay and help out as much as I can, just do less partying in Vegas and more I.T work here..lol

added> Also bring back STATUS, bring war back for heavens sake its boring now!.
Another Idea would be to limit attacks by Status, Lords can attack Lords or 1 higher Rulers, Goa'uld can attack Goa'ulds and Lords> ect ect. This will help prevent rage quitting or those few that reset and suicide and then reset again against other players, sometimes the same player gets hit over and over by the same resetting player. I also think anyone RESETTING and making a new Character should have it posted in Notices, Possibly have an option for Homeworld protection. Meaning a player doesn't have to reset but can (yield) to the attacker when their Net is reduced to 50%, only a defender can do this as to keep people from abusing it. Ships should be made over time not instant, Jaffa and all units need to be made over a time based set up< more real and prevents overwhelming odds.

Life begins as a spark, I am the mother of many more to come!
  • Macca
  • Irregular
  • 31 posts
  • Reputation 10
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
May 05 2014 1:22 am

Shadowing, there was a forum post about homes ages ago, I think it had a lot of credit so I'm copying and pasting it here.

I think that homes and slave camps should be switched around, just so it makes more sense.

And then slave camps should increase the slave population (say by 1000 slaves per camp)

And then the slave's would increase their population on their own by a rate of say (no. of current slaves) x 1.01 per hour.

This would give it an exponential growth so the more you have the faster they grow.

Then each planet would have to have 100 slaves or so to start off with and the last hundred slaves on each planet wouldn't be able to get stolen just to make it fair for the smaller people

This would make homes and slave camps more realistic and would give players a choice on how many slaves they want in their strategy.

Also I know you were thinking about taking out naq mines but, naq mines could require slaves to make naq, rather than slaves just automatically earning naq even if you had no slaves. That would create a new reason for stealing other people's slaves as then there naq production would die of.

• Macca
  • Irregular
  • 31 posts
  • Reputation 10
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
May 05 2014 3:47 am

Also for the building limit increase. Why not add a technology which increases the max building you can build on each planet, you could call it industrialisation. Since everyone has heaps of tech points now, if you put 100 into it you would be able to build 500 buildings on each planet.

• Cjamieson99
  • Respected
  • 640 posts
  • Reputation 203
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • LET'S GET THOSE TERRORISTS!
May 05 2014 9:48 am

hmmmmn... Nef, I had to give you +1 honour for not only having some good words with terrible grammar, but also for using my joke! :)

Kelac! #1 cheater in the game, but you'll never catch me!