• Gdozer
  • Irregular
  • 35 posts
  • Reputation 46
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • GDozer, The Indomitable
Apr 25 2014 5:32 pm

So, I was sitting around the office thinking today, and I realized that more than anything else we need something to do in the downtime, something to keep people interested in the game between big wars, and something to bring us closer together as a community.

To that end, I propose that we come up with some community based games to play within system lords. I was thinking we can clear one of the vacant, seiged sectors and declare it a game zone. I would be willing to protect it initially, and Im sure others would join in. From there we could create either a skype chat, or a forum post for it, and run various mini war games from it. I was thinking they could just be simple, cheap things that wouldnt be effected too much by overall game mechanics, like tag, or jaffa battle royales.

The first one to come to mind was like each player starts with 10 jaffa on a different planet, they have to stay in the sector, and the person with the most jaffa after like an hour would win.
Or mothership tag, one player puts a ms in the sector, couple other players get 2-3 jaffa each, first one to tag it wins.

Theres just so much we could all be doing to have fun around here, and itd be nice to take advantage of that.

• Thedarkcarnival
  • Irregular
  • 18 posts
  • Reputation 9
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • I love 26horses Productions
Apr 25 2014 5:35 pm

like the idea
+1

Coming to your NECK of the woods soon
  • Mythology216
  • Irregular
  • 28 posts
  • Reputation 10
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Be safe. Stay alive. Fight smart, not hard.
Apr 25 2014 5:52 pm

+1

Krivon, God of Mongooses; Heraclysseus, God of Fate
  • Progeekzy
  • Irregular
  • 110 posts
  • Reputation 66
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Hates pay to win games.
Apr 25 2014 5:53 pm

+1 from me, i like the idea, but i can see room for griefing. You and i both know some players out there does whatever it takes to win. Ya i could start with 5 jaffa. then 1 player will up it to 100. then 1k then 10k then 100k jaffa and the rest of us are out of the game.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!
  • Gdozer
  • Irregular
  • 35 posts
  • Reputation 46
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Apr 25 2014 5:58 pm

Yeah, but itd be fairly easy to detect cheating like that, then we could just war them ingame. If a couple more big players got behind this youd be a fool to try cheating it.

• Gdozer
  • Irregular
  • 35 posts
  • Reputation 46
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Apr 25 2014 6:00 pm

If you were talking about high stakes matches you could just try again in a different round or something. Its a simple one.

• Madman523
  • Irregular
  • 15 posts
  • Reputation 2
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • i am the manifestation of nanakos will
Apr 25 2014 6:15 pm

i love that idea sounds awesome.

• Commanderloch
  • Irregular
  • 23 posts
  • Reputation 5
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • CommanderLoch duhh
Apr 25 2014 10:55 pm

+1 this idea is great!

• Endersshadow
  • Irregular
  • 73 posts
  • Reputation 51
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Fear the Ashrak
Apr 26 2014 4:48 am

hmm not bad something to do. also maybe like have one like hide the Jaffa. one person puts one Jaffa on a vacant planet somewhere in the galaxy and then say out of like ten people on finders team first to find and kill that Jaffa with one of their own wins.

Worship the TACO or face it