• Irregular
  • 87 posts
  • Reputation 43
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Power in a refined form
Apr 19 2014 1:57 am

Theory:
I took a deeper look at the problem with wallet lording and I believe the main problem, as many have said, is that it puts the wallet lords far ahead of the other players in terms of resources.

Suggestion:
Accordingly, I suggest that the $40 buy option be removed, and the value of the $10 buy option be reduced. Additionally, it may be beneficial to increase the amount of naqadah that each player receives when a purchase is made.

--For example, suppose the only naq option is $10 for 10,000 and that for each purchase made, every other player receives 400 naq or 800 if they purchased the $30 package. In this case, for each purchase made, every 13-25 other players receive an equal amount of naqadah for absolutely nothing.

Conclusion:
If this is done, then people who don't want to wait for naq don't have to, and they can spend as much as they like to get it, as they can now. The key difference being that for each purchase they make, a realistically comparable amount of naqadah is going to other players, including their enemies.

My hope is that this turns the large number of purchases made into something beneficial to the whole player base, and not a source of division among us.

• Kelac
  • Irregular
  • 101 posts
  • Reputation 58
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • The Unstoppable
Apr 19 2014 2:01 am

I can see why you have such a negative Score... you are 11 crack pipes short of a dozen.

In other words you are a crack pipe.

• Masterstickboy
  • Irregular
  • 22 posts
  • Reputation 10
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • I love 26horses Productions
Apr 19 2014 2:02 am

You people all want to see the market changed, you know what i want to see changed? the Cheaters, they need to be delt with.. the people spending all that money are only doing it to try and stay ahead of the cheaters which its not really working to well.

• Cjamieson99
  • Respected
  • 640 posts
  • Reputation 203
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • LET'S GET THOSE TERRORISTS!
Apr 19 2014 2:05 am

Master Stickyfingers nailed it right there! I think we all know who these posts are directed at and you know what, that guy is the only one dealing with cheaters and policing the galaxy for shadowing... Deal with it, if y'all wanna cheat than you have no right to complain about anything else!

Oh, and sorry Kaguli if you're not complaining like the rest and are actually trying to help the game!

Kelac! #1 cheater in the game, but you'll never catch me!
  • Progeekzy
  • Irregular
  • 110 posts
  • Reputation 66
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Hates pay to win games.
Apr 19 2014 2:11 am

I am not a cheater and i have no interest in cheating. Ya i think the market gives way to much power way to quickly to people willing to drop money. It makes a huge gap between them and other players. The game is turning into whoever is willing to drop the most money will win. And thats a very bad setup for a free to play game.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!
  • Kaguli
  • Irregular
  • 87 posts
  • Reputation 43
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Power in a refined form
Apr 19 2014 2:18 am

So aside from insulting me and tanking my reputation, does anyone have any actual feedback to the suggestion itself?

If you don't like it, please, tell me why.

Also, this post isn't directed at anyone. I know a lot of people are taking things personally in this online game (the worst possible environment for that) and getting really butthurt, and that is part of the purpose of this suggestion; to dismantle the framework that's causing that to happen.

There's a problem in this game, and I'm suggesting something to fix it. Do you have constructive critique or a better idea? Please, speak up.

• Progeekzy
  • Irregular
  • 110 posts
  • Reputation 66
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Hates pay to win games.
Apr 19 2014 2:26 am

A fix of any kind needs to shorten the gap between wallet lords and free to play players. When a person can go from 18k networth to 39k over night, its far to much far to fast. it creates huge gaps and those needs to be closed.

My suggestion to increase naq production would help close that gap.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!
  • Canov73
  • Irregular
  • 38 posts
  • Reputation 19
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • I love 26horses Productions
Apr 19 2014 1:19 pm

Things that don't give a massive advantage could help fund the development of the game;

Refill Spy Drone (24 hour timer for another purchase)
Refill Endurance (24 hour timer)
Increase Ship Speed for X hours (48 hour timer)
Double the effectiveness of Space Mines for X hours (48 hour timer)
Move planet with X% buildings intact (7 day timer)

These are just a few ideas, maybe others can add some that will boost not overpower.

Shaltek