• Progeekzy
  • Irregular
  • 110 posts
  • Reputation 66
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Hates pay to win games.
Apr 18 2014 4:36 pm

Limit how many build credits can be bought. Ya i can see this being somewhat helpful. If a planet is taken over and a player loses that planet he cant go grab a new one and instantly build it back up.

Units now build over time. I find this fix to not be a fix. We want to close the gap between us and wallet lords. How does this do that? As of right now we have to spend months saving up naq to build a sizeabile fleet. Now we have to wait even longer to wait for those units to be built.

Wallet lords already have a large fleet. Al they need to build is replacement units. This seems more like a punishment to those that dont have a fleet. They now have to wait even longer to build it.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!
  • Zalvalar
  • Irregular
  • 13 posts
  • Reputation 3
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • The light of Night shall Reign
Apr 18 2014 4:42 pm

I happen to be thinking the same fukin thing. Military units taking time to build, just makes everything slower for all and solves not a fukin thing.

Sartazdk
  • Chirishman343
  • Irregular
  • 1 posts
  • Reputation 1
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • I love 26horses Productions
Apr 18 2014 4:47 pm

while you are correct, it also means in the long run wallet lords won't be able to build back up instantly. otherwise what else can shadowing do? take away everyone's armies? reset everything back to zero? it wouldn't be a huge deal to people who just started and have nothing, but people who had alot over a long period of time, that is devastating.

best compromise i can come up with is reset everything to zero once we get the new planet cap up (along with those various other changes that are to be implemented) but refund everyone for all the naq their stuff is worth. i.e. you have 10,000 naq worth of jaffa (for example) you start out with that 10K naq (add in buildings naq worth, ect. ect.)

i know it wont be easy, costs of buildings rise per planet, then you have tech reducing costs, so some people will get ripped off, or maybe even benefit. but it is something....

• Kaguli
  • Irregular
  • 87 posts
  • Reputation 43
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Power in a refined form
Apr 18 2014 4:50 pm

And it still didn't address the issue of directly buying naq...

• Doctorzoidberg
  • Irregular
  • 95 posts
  • Reputation 51
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Apr 18 2014 4:51 pm

I like the fact that people will have to wait for their units.

It can solve the problem.

The problem isnt the market, its people spending money Then using it all right away to build tons and tons of troops.

This way, if they spend money, they will have to wait, just like the rest of us.

And once those large players are Knocked down, Its gonna take them a while to bounce back, Just like any other player.

HOWEVER, when this change happens, Shadowing, Please add the ability to TYPE in how many units you want, or keep clicking till X amount is reached, This way they can build while we are "Afk" like our buildings do.

I still believe the naq in market should be placed back at 40k

• Doctorzoidberg
  • Irregular
  • 95 posts
  • Reputation 51
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Apr 18 2014 5:05 pm

Also would like to add.

Most games that allow you to buy resources directly, put A GIGANTIC price on them.

IE 600 credits to fill your depository, and 60$ for 600 Credits.........

Most common games, allow you to purchase items that give you a BOOST in production, for X amount of time.

SO the only wallet lords, their would be, would be the people who have thousands of dollars to spend . . . .

• Progeekzy
  • Irregular
  • 110 posts
  • Reputation 66
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Hates pay to win games.
Apr 18 2014 5:26 pm

If a player thats bought there forces and player that saved up for months for there forces go to war, what does this change?

The wallet lord will drop more cash get more naq and start re building forces immediately. That person that waits must now save that naq back up for months and re build forces. This change makes it harder for none paying players to re build those forces.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!
  • Shadowing
  • Devoted
  • 1440 posts
  • Reputation 240
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Captain of the boat or captain of the Sea?
Apr 18 2014 5:35 pm

The build time for units wasn't going to be that long guys. 24 hours for a flag ship. 12 for a mother ship.

Probably faster than those times

What ever you can do or dream you can always begin it because boldness has genius, power and magic in it
  • Doctorzoidberg
  • Irregular
  • 95 posts
  • Reputation 51
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Apr 18 2014 5:51 pm

and thats perfect imo Maybe MS 6hr

One player buys, Ok, he has 70,000 naq now and purchases 5gliders, "12hours" he has to wait 12 hr

Another person saves up naq, it takes what, between 6-12 hours? to save up for 5 gliders?

So now they are both building 5 gliders each, Both waiting 12hours

The person spending money has extra naq
The person not spending money, Has the naq to build the same units, in the same time, He has enough naq for 5 more gliders, before his first 5 are even done building.

Both players, are producing units Consistently with their naq available, And pumping out troops, at the same pace.

• Hamiler
  • Irregular
  • 127 posts
  • Reputation 77
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Hold Fast
Apr 18 2014 6:19 pm

Shadowing thats the best idea i have heard the time thing so far it will fix many things and people (that and its not a big wait to builed units)

Leader of the Asgard Fleet
  • Lesnmore
  • Irregular
  • 103 posts
  • Reputation 24
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Apr 19 2014 6:48 am

What Shadowing proposes makes much sense. It seems a fair compromise between those who want the market reduced and thise who like it as is. Hopefully this will solve much of the discontent and allow us to move forward with other issues.

Doctor, I may misunderstand your thought. Would not the market buyer still have a 12 hour advantage as he bought his naq immediately? If I have this wrong, sorry. Could you elaborate? Thanks!

And I like that the down time is not too long. Nothing kills my interest like having to wait long periods of time.

Chiris343 has a good idea if there is ever going to be a reset where we all start at zero like last time.

• Doctorzoidberg
  • Irregular
  • 95 posts
  • Reputation 51
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Apr 19 2014 4:21 pm

The point i was going for was this.

If a regular player, can produce enough naq, in enough time, to add 5 gliders to his Que, before his original 5 are done.

It makes no difference if the other person already has that naq.

he will just keep adding them to the que, He will have say, 30 gliders qued

The player that does not pay, waits 12hr, ques 5 more with the naq saved.

But the player who bought, will have that 30 in production, But he is still waiting the 12 hours. Just like the other guy, Who is building at the same amount of time, Producing the same amount of naq as the other guy, He just has more units in his que waiting to go, Whist the other guy who did not pay Just add's them every 12 hours

[1] 2 Next >>