• Kaguli
  • Irregular
  • 87 posts
  • Reputation 43
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Power in a refined form
Apr 17 2014 4:39 am

As we all know, there is discontent amongst players about the ability of some being able to spend large sums of money at the market and others having nothing. This does create a large gap in the game that needs to be resolved somehow.

The idea that crossed my mind was to implement a spending cap of sorts. I accept Shadowing's statement that a hard spending cap hurts the budget too much, so instead, I propose that there be a ceiling on buying in the marketplace. After a player crosses this limit, one of a handful of possible things happen. Bear in mind that this mechanic is the core of my suggestion, whereas the specific consequences are only hypothetical.

Possible examples include:
-Increasing the range of other players that can gain status from the buyer
-Increasing the rate of status gain against the buyer
-Increasing the amount of naq which can be stolen from the buyer by spies
-Decreasing the effectiveness of the buyer's agents
-Adding a protection bubble to the buyer such that they cannot attack other worlds within a certain amount of time of purchases

The concept here is to put a practical check in place against so-called "wallet lording" such that excessive buying has real, in-game consequences.

Feedback?

• Eachigo
  • Irregular
  • 29 posts
  • Reputation 21
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • mmmmh... Insolence!
Apr 17 2014 4:43 am

yeah cause that wallet lording needs to stop... its become a pay to win game
i regret buying the full version back in the day when it was a good game... but back then ofc it werent shel kree ed up... but to see a person lose a cha'tii load of networth and then just buy it back kinda ruines the game experience

>Cain
  • Progeekzy
  • Irregular
  • 110 posts
  • Reputation 66
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Hates pay to win games.
Apr 17 2014 4:44 am

None of that is going to change anything. its still going to be the biggest wallet wins. Ive said it before and ill say it again. Those that dont pay should be on equal footing with those that do. This game takes it to the other extreme and gives an insane amount of power to those that pay. Other games with in game markets manage it just fine.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!
  • Elucidator
  • Irregular
  • 4 posts
  • Reputation 4
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • I love 26horses Productions
Apr 17 2014 4:48 am

I have never played a game where someone buying market items would get a huge disadvantage like that...defeats the purpose.
A better solution would be to take naq right off of the buy option and set a build time for units built....they build instantaneously yet take a day or week to repair, it makes no sense.
And back on topic; while it is a huge flaw that someone can literally make top rank in a day from buying, instead of giving a disadvantage, just take naq off the buy option and maybe add a small naq production booster for a set time that does not stack with other purchases.

• Eachigo
  • Irregular
  • 29 posts
  • Reputation 21
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • mmmmh... Insolence!
Apr 17 2014 4:49 am

yeah i agree.. take naq of the market and put in a booster... that might help a bit

>Cain
  • Progeekzy
  • Irregular
  • 110 posts
  • Reputation 66
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Apr 17 2014 4:51 am

I agree with boosts. But not insane ones. Other games have something similar. +25 percent exp gain or something. For a set time, mind you. i watched willy, aka warcommander, go from 18k networth to 39 k over night. 1 day. thats far to much far to fast. naq should not be on the market.

So something like +25 percent to naq production to all words for X amount of money for 24 hours or something, i could see that. And thats just an idea ya might be to low or whatever. but its a limited boost over time. not all at once naq.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!
  • Progeekzy
  • Irregular
  • 110 posts
  • Reputation 66
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Apr 17 2014 4:57 am

But even if you did make some sort of change, the damage is already done. There are a lot of people far behond where they would be with these changes. insanly high net worth well behond what they would be without paying.

• Progeekzy
  • Irregular
  • 110 posts
  • Reputation 66
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Apr 17 2014 5:05 am

The only way i see this working is if you make changes to the market so you cant outright by naq and do a game reset. or knock those players down to where they should be. Other then that the damage is already done.

• Cjamieson99
  • Respected
  • 640 posts
  • Reputation 203
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • LET'S GET THOSE TERRORISTS!
Apr 17 2014 10:12 am

I like the bubble idea! Something like that might really help with the problems people are having. Progeekzy is right though, "the damage has already been done." It's going to be hard to repair the state of the game, but I hope it's possible. Progeekzy is always on top of these posts about 'pay to win', which is a good thing, somebody needs to.

Kelac! #1 cheater in the game, but you'll never catch me!
  • Titus6991
  • Irregular
  • 11 posts
  • Reputation 3
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Apr 17 2014 1:46 pm

Reset the game and fix the market is the only way the game will survive.

• Kynell
  • Enthusiast
  • 240 posts
  • Reputation 127
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Apr 17 2014 4:14 pm

afreed reset the game and fix market, or create a complet replica of this game like a server number 2 which is same as this but just no market in game, that way wllet people can stay here on this server and not lose there stuff and rest of game who wants to play all have equal chance and stops quiting then