• Zalvalar
  • Irregular
  • 13 posts
  • Reputation 3
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • The light of Night shall Reign
Apr 10 2014 5:38 pm

Just a thought, what if shadowing rearrange the alliance system to be more like how the Goa'uld truly are.
Since the Goa'uld Governing body is essentially a Feudal system why not set the alliances up like this.
{
Alliances; system lords only able to form an alliance.

1. Change the way an Alliance works. Have no max limit as to how many could be in it.

2. All alliance members of that system lord as vassals that give 10% - 20% of naq production to that system lord.

3. And all Vassals do the will of there God (aka their system lord).

Any thoughts?

}

Sartazdk
  • Progeekzy
  • Irregular
  • 110 posts
  • Reputation 66
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Hates pay to win games.
Apr 10 2014 5:40 pm

So if person A makes an alliance and person B joins it, person B gives a percentage of all naq to person A. And all persons B does this. Great way to get a ton of naq. And lose alot. Im gonna go with NO. naq production in my opinion is already low.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!
  • Zalvalar
  • Irregular
  • 13 posts
  • Reputation 3
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Apr 10 2014 5:43 pm

no its really more of the way true Goa'uld would have it. Once a Vassal( person B) gains enough power to challenge their Lord (person A), if they win they gain the spot as system lord if they lose they just die. This would only work with a reset. But those who have put money in would have an advantage and gain system lord rank first anyway.

Sartazdk
  • Kynell
  • Enthusiast
  • 240 posts
  • Reputation 127
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • I love 26horses Productions
Apr 10 2014 7:48 pm

getting a % naq of vassels will simply make people create more multis to join the alliance and feed them tonnes of naq.

and alliances are fine as they are, limit doesn't need to be decreased or increased just leave it as it is.

• Stuart
  • Irregular
  • 13 posts
  • Reputation 4
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Apr 10 2014 8:15 pm

1 yes,
2 no,
3 no.

Basically Its a good idea but its also a bad idea, income is terrible, never mind that.

Plus why don't we have it were the alliances do votes on what is best for that alliance

The asgard move swiftly and deadly.
  • Macca
  • Irregular
  • 31 posts
  • Reputation 10
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Apr 11 2014 3:37 am

To extend on what you were trying to say, how about limiting the number of system lords allowed from from anyone alliance.

I.E. Only one member from any alliance would be able to be a system lord. In the case of multiple members being eligible, only the strongest would be counted.

Or maybe make it that only the leader of an alliance is eligible for ranking as a system lord. This would achieve the same thing

• Zirnitra
  • Irregular
  • 151 posts
  • Reputation 51
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Black Dragon of Death
Apr 11 2014 8:29 am

If you had only 1 system lord from 1 allaince only will make a joke of being a SL. You will have weak willed individuals who are too scared to look in the mirror as they would scare themselves lol.

A system lord is the highest rank a goauld can get to, apart from the ultimate of being the supreme system lord.

The strong crush the weak, so it has been for millenia for our kind.

• Zalvalar
  • Irregular
  • 13 posts
  • Reputation 3
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Apr 14 2014 11:10 pm

Actually it would make the game better because the true Goa'uld System lords (from the movie and series) are known for their constant warfare with each other and hate each other and only work together when there is a mutual threat against the Goa'uld's way of life(aka Asgard intervention). It makes sense that in this game the system lords would naturally fight each other for dominance. It would seriously improve game play in my opinion.

Sartazdk