• Livinthehylife
  • Irregular
  • 7 posts
  • Reputation 4
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • I love 26horses Productions
Apr 02 2014 5:34 am

Homes are kind of a pointless building. They're only necessary in the build phase, and even then, not much at all since you can just steal what you need.

Now I don't say this because I WANT this change; heaven knows I love not having to expend buildings on homes. But in terms of the longevity of the game itself, I think it would make sense for a certain number of homes to be required, or else "overcrowding" or something should occur, which would result in a gradual loss of population and naq production. This would also require players to constantly be fluctuating what sorts of buildings they have in "growth" periods and "war" periods, if you know what I mean.

• Demogorgon
  • Enthusiast
  • 224 posts
  • Reputation 109
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Apr 02 2014 5:42 am

I do think that homes should be changed. However not sure about the rest.

• Theyeti
  • Irregular
  • 6 posts
  • Reputation 5
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Yeti
Apr 02 2014 4:17 pm

I always found it odd that your slaves are "housed"/created through homes and your warriors are "housed" in camps. Surely the home is more appropriate for the defenders of your empire?

I don't have an issue with homes per say, the idea of building up slaves to increase your naq production is a fairly common game mechanic in these types of games. The only real issue I have is the unrealistic limit, 100,000 slaves? That's the population of a medium sized town here on Earth, not a full planet.

Granted it's just a number and changing it would mean rebalancing the naq production, but meh, it kinda annoys me.

Family of Gods
  • Livinthehylife
  • Irregular
  • 7 posts
  • Reputation 4
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Apr 02 2014 7:13 pm

That could make sense too. Slave camps increase military limit, homes increase civilian limit. Homes could also increase the limit exponentially (10 homes for 100,000 slaves, 20 for 200,000, etc.).

• Macca
  • Irregular
  • 31 posts
  • Reputation 10
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Apr 03 2014 3:26 am

I think that homes and slave camps should be switched around, just so it makes more sense.

And then slave camps should increase the slave population (say by 1000 slaves per camp)

And then the slave's would increase their population on their own by a rate of say (no. of current slaves) x 1.01 per hour.

This would give it an exponential growth so the more you have the faster they grow.

Then each planet would have to have 100 slaves or so to start off with and the last hundred slaves on each planet wouldn't be able to get stolen just to make it fair for the smaller people

• Lesnmore
  • Irregular
  • 103 posts
  • Reputation 24
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Apr 03 2014 6:20 am

Livinthehylife, your last post combined with Macca's thoughts would be a fantastic idea.

Now, is Shadowing available to read this?

Will he respond if he reads this?