• Progeekzy
  • Irregular
  • 110 posts
  • Reputation 66
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Hates pay to win games.
Mar 31 2014 4:20 pm

As of right now flagships are nothing but bait. Someone makes one and instantly people are looking at there networth then where they are at. A lot of people, myself included, do not want to make a flag ship for this very reason.

Will this end? Will the average player ever be safe and be able to build a flagship without becoming an instant target just because of the flag ship?

I find it rather distasteful the way this is being treated. Someone should not become a target simply because of something they made in the game.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!
  • Doctorzoidberg
  • Irregular
  • 95 posts
  • Reputation 51
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • I love 26horses Productions
Mar 31 2014 4:27 pm

actually, when you win/buy something in most games, Your name is shouted all over the place by the game.

The only reason players are loosing them, is because they are not in healthy alliances.

That and theirs so few players, In a game like Evony, theirs 1000's of players, your name pop's up when you win something, but no one attacks you, because A, theirs so many players, and B because items like those won are not lootable.

As for now, its easy to hunt these players with the FS's down, because theirs not so many of us, I would recomend only posting the name of the people who buy one After they make 1+ Naq purchase in a 24hr period......... This way the only people having their name broadcast in public, will be those who Pay To Play.

Or simply get rid of it till we have 1,000's of players.

But to be honest, Either way, i dont care, If your not strong enough to keep these items, you shouldnt be buying them.

• Progeekzy
  • Irregular
  • 110 posts
  • Reputation 66
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Hates pay to win games.
Mar 31 2014 4:38 pm

with the top players hunting these down noone is powerful enough to keep them except for the top players.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!
  • Doctorzoidberg
  • Irregular
  • 95 posts
  • Reputation 51
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Mar 31 2014 4:43 pm

i got my flagship when i was only at like 9k net...... i did just fine.

like i said, If you cant protect it, Dont build it.

• Kaguli
  • Irregular
  • 87 posts
  • Reputation 43
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Power in a refined form
Mar 31 2014 5:47 pm

If you're going to build one, make sure you have full turrets, a few MS, and numerous gliders on that planet. Or keep it mobile at all times. Keeping it is simple enough, you just can't expect that everyone else will readily allow you to amass great power without trying to challenge you.

If you don't think you'll be able to protect it, then don't build it. Put your naq in the depository and save up for two FS if you're feeling gutsy.

• Intrelzar
  • Irregular
  • 44 posts
  • Reputation 19
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Joma secu
Mar 31 2014 9:13 pm

You shouldnt be building a "Endgame" Ship if you dont have the forces to defend it full stop

Joma secu
  • Endersshadow
  • Irregular
  • 73 posts
  • Reputation 51
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Fear the Ashrak
Mar 31 2014 11:48 pm

Well said. if you don't have the forces to protect it. don't have it. it's not just the big big mean players that go after them. I want a kill myself. I know how to do it and have been beat to more then one by a faster player. when I drone a guy and see a FS 1k Jaffa and 100 turrets. my first thought is Xmas day is early cuz some fool saved up and bought a useless hunk of metal. it's been said over and over and over. if you can't keep it don't build it. hell I could have built 4 or more by now but I have a IQ higher then a lemming and have built my fleet and planets up. know that when I build one it will make sure that if I lose it the person that kill it will take very costly losses. know yourself and know thine enemy.

Worship the TACO or face it
  • Crosis
  • Irregular
  • 11 posts
  • Reputation 6
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Apr 02 2014 5:07 am

Personally I think the announcement should be turned off..because all it does is put a target on someones head.