• Progeekzy
  • Irregular
  • 110 posts
  • Reputation 66
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Hates pay to win games.
Mar 25 2014 10:51 am

The game is free to play. Meaning you can create an account and enjoy basic content for free. But what about the rest?

Most advanced tech you can only get with donations. People who dont donate only gets 5 points total there. Or am i missing something?

Then the wars themselfes. Unless someone waits months they will never have a fleet that matched those that can drop cash on the game. And even then if you lose a good chunk of your fleet you have to wait months to get it back. Flag ship? You would need to save for a month possibly longer just to get that.
Advanced buildings? Keep dreaming.

What it looks its coming down to is who ever has the biggest wallet will win the biggest wars. Therefor those who are not willing to drop money on the game will never be a top lord, will never compete with the so called wallet lords.

Donations are important to the survival of the game, im not saying its not. But does the current market not tip the balance of war to those willing to spend the money rather then the time?

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!
  • Armyskydiver
  • Irregular
  • 59 posts
  • Reputation 30
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • I love 26horses Productions
Mar 25 2014 10:56 am

Yep. So much for keeping the game "balanced" as Shadowing has been preaching. Its so damn unbalanced now that recovery is near impossible now.

• Kynell
  • Enthusiast
  • 240 posts
  • Reputation 127
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Mar 25 2014 10:59 am

agreed game is basically pure pay to win now, its done what I hoped it wouldn't of done and turned into gatewars now, atleast gatewars the people can still farm naq here its impossible to win unless you pay a lot of $

• Zirnitra
  • Irregular
  • 151 posts
  • Reputation 51
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Black Dragon of Death
Mar 25 2014 11:07 am

I do agree. I am luckier than most as I do have a lot of free income which I can spend and I guess I am a wallet lord myself.

However, I would guess that many wallet lords would not invest so much again if taken away in a war.

This is why alliances are so important.

Any player can be taken down in game, no player is all powerful. Remember the Wraith take down the ancients?.

Also, you may have a large wallet, but does not mean you know what to do with your armies.

You will always have players who throw money at the game, but for me, I would rather have a 25K net player who knows how to war than a 70K wallet lord who does not know the difference between an arse and elbow.

• Picard
  • Irregular
  • 1 posts
  • Reputation 0
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Mar 25 2014 4:06 pm

I have no money to spend on a game I have played for a while now. I don't even have a credit card. I am continually in the 100-200 rankings and have 5 advanced tech points thats is it. It is impossible to keep up but I still manage to play and have fun it is depressing that others who don't have to work as hard as I do continually keep in front of me. I am in a good alliance and that helps or I would be constantly farmed.

• Armyskydiver
  • Irregular
  • 59 posts
  • Reputation 30
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Mar 25 2014 6:17 pm

In response to Zirnitra. You are very correct. Having a large army is utterly useless if you do not know how to use them. I myself may not be huge but my war tactic has been proven to be very effective towards high networth players :-)

• Progeekzy
  • Irregular
  • 110 posts
  • Reputation 66
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Mar 26 2014 12:35 pm

So what is a possible solution to this? I think a reset would be unfair to those who have spent money.

What about knocking everyone down to where they should be per time joined? And for those that have spent money credit to the new market? But what would be in the new market?

I say only none game breaking items. Things like skins. For anything. Motherships, Gliders, jaffa, ect. I can see that. Build credits i can still see. They still need to spend time making the naq, but it just means they dont have to wait to start collecting. But every one will make the naq at about the same rate give or take. Not drop 20 bucks and have a fleet bigger then those playing for a month.

What types of things should be in the market?

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!
  • Chongo
  • Irregular
  • 3 posts
  • Reputation 0
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Mar 26 2014 3:35 pm

Think removing naq is a good idea but also a bad idea on shadows part.
Its good because it will balance the game out a little, the influx of having all that naq in game will always still be there. But removing it will also be bad for business.

I think a purchase of 30% efficiency for the month would be nice maybe for $15 and have a 30% efficiency for a week for $5 making it more worth while to buy the higher package. This is something like 1 extra naq per planet per cycle. so 24 naq a day for each planet, it adds up but its a slow revenue and people cant suddenly jump from 5k networth to 30k networth in a week as some people have proclaimed in game chat lately.

Could also do bonuses to attack / defence and agent efficiency also month long.

But also please remember shadow is working on a complete system overhaul so less QQ more pew pew and once the changes have all gone into effect then see and moan :)

• Progeekzy
  • Irregular
  • 110 posts
  • Reputation 66
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Mar 26 2014 3:56 pm

Ya i watched willy aka warcommander go from 9k networth to 38k networth overnight. Is this not seriously imbalanced and overpowered?

• Lesnmore
  • Irregular
  • 103 posts
  • Reputation 24
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Mar 27 2014 5:35 am

Forgive me for strongly disagreeing! I have been playing since before the reset. I bought the basic package one time. I am not super strong, but I have a flag ship, many ms's and even more gliders. Not as many as some, more than others. I will soon have a space station. All by patiently collecting and saving naq.

This is one of the few games I will play because I can grow without money. With that one basic purchase I now recieve 250 naq each time someone buys in the market. That is very generous of Shadowing. And from time to time Shadowing gives out free things like resets and building credits. If I remember correctly he even gave everyone free naq on his (Shadowing's) birthday.

My only suggestion to Shadowing is PLEASE have more frequent sales so guys more fortunate than myself financially will continue to finance my naq growth!

Sounds to me like people are jealous. Jealous of stronger players and jealous of players who can afford what they themselves cannot afford.

This is by far the best game on the market with a developer who genuinely cares about the players and the integrity of the game.

It is the same old story: Someone does well for themselves, someone else wants what the first person built so he figures whining about it will get other whiners on his side to destroy what the hard worker built and maintains. If you cannot have it, then no one should be able to have it!

As far as I am concerned all the powerful players have only one thing to be concerned over: One day I will conquer you! (So please keep making those purchases so I can bring you down all the sooner!) Like Binar said, play smart and win!

• Progeekzy
  • Irregular
  • 110 posts
  • Reputation 66
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Mar 27 2014 7:16 am

Lesnmore Might i ask how long it took you in saving naq to get that size of a fleet? And where are you at in the rankings? 10s? 20s? 30s? 50s?

Ya i could save up naq for X months if not longer and have a pretty good sized fleet. But then someone who has dropped 100 bucks or so can come and wipe you out. And they can spend another 100 bucks and have there fleet back and you gotta spend another X months getting your fleet back.

• Pacrat29
  • Irregular
  • 1 posts
  • Reputation 0
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Mar 27 2014 8:22 pm

I do believe that pay to play player will always have an advantage because if it didn't then why would you pay? One thing that I think would help that game is if you could deposit naq into your depository in say 1k or maybe 5k amounts. The current 20K is a bit unresonable I think.

[1] 2 Next >>