• Irregular
  • 38 posts
  • Reputation 19
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • I love 26horses Productions
Mar 12 2014 3:14 am

Greetings Everyone,

I wanted to broach the subject of Entangling Alliances/Treaties.

For those of you who don't understand the principle, both World Wars in particular WW1 were escalated and exploded into outright conflict due to the number of treaties each nation had with other nations around the world. As one nation went to war, each nation that had an agreement was forced into the same action in a cascade of global conflict.

I urge you all to think carefully about what alliances you have and how many.
It may be prudent to limit the amount of type of treaty you have with other alliances to avoid the galaxy being devastated but these "Entanglements".

So far the game is in it's infancy and I see some serious conflict on the way if people don't consider the broader consequences of the actions they take.

Regards,
Canov

Shaltek
  • Demogorgon
  • Enthusiast
  • 224 posts
  • Reputation 109
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Mar 12 2014 3:18 am

As a history major I applaud your historical remarks. But we are playing a war game. And I for one want more war. Galactic wide war.

• Batich351
  • Irregular
  • 14 posts
  • Reputation 9
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Mar 12 2014 5:33 am

Lol I thought war was the point of these treaties. So we all can prepare for alot of glorious destruction later =)

The Visual Assassin ~Pakelika~
  • Canov73
  • Irregular
  • 38 posts
  • Reputation 19
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Mar 12 2014 5:53 am

I'm not asking anyone to not make treaties, just to consider the bigger picture when you do.

Someday's you may want intergalactic chaos that's cool too in our context.
Then there is the other day when you want to build up your forces or move your planets and rebuild. 1 or 2 rogue elements from another alliance you happen to be allied with could plunge you into a war you cant get out of and that will drag even more unwitting participants.

Exercise Caution and Choose Wisely !

Shaltek