• Scurvydog2
  • Irregular
  • 50 posts
  • Reputation 4
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • i think shadowing should act like an ancient
Mar 09 2014 2:35 am

please don't harass players that make agreements about status. it is a perfectly logical thing to do as well as not being against the rules of the game. plus it is perfectly realistic in that gould in the show had a hierarchical structure and you can bet higher level one's took credit for the actions of their subordinates which is equivalent to taking status. any "cracking down" on it would be game limiting and just unfair. if two people want to work something out that is their right and not insulting or unfair of them. they are two adult gould making an agreement to trade the only thing that can be exchanged in this game.

fighting for the players right to choose how they play
  • Armyskydiver
  • Irregular
  • 59 posts
  • Reputation 30
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • I love 26horses Productions
Mar 09 2014 2:36 am

Well said Dues.....very well said!

• Aldinach
  • Irregular
  • 48 posts
  • Reputation 8
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Shel nok.
Mar 09 2014 2:39 am

I've said before multiple times in chat, etc...I agree.

The idea of standing on another goa'uld's shoulder and gaining status, while feeding them lesser goa'uld to leech status off of is probably the most goa'uld action possible in the game, other than just constantly attacking others who may one day rise to be a callenge to your own empire.

I don't think it's unreasonable to have a lesser goa'uld "tithe" to a greater god than themselves...so long as they're being taken care of in return so they gain a benefit as well. That's pretty much how the entire goa'uld power structure worked in the entire SG canon.

There were VERY clear lines of which goa'uld were subservient to which others.

Mekta satak Oz!
  • Armyskydiver
  • Irregular
  • 59 posts
  • Reputation 30
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Mar 09 2014 2:40 am

What Elby said!

• Endersshadow
  • Irregular
  • 73 posts
  • Reputation 51
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Fear the Ashrak
Mar 09 2014 2:42 am

yeah. I agree. this is also a way for new players that piss off a bigger guy to get them to let them live or at least let enough of their planets go that they can keep growing

Worship the TACO or face it
  • Jordanedmond
  • Irregular
  • 19 posts
  • Reputation 2
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Mar 09 2014 2:48 am

^^I totally agree^^

• Shadowing
  • Devoted
  • 1440 posts
  • Reputation 240
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Captain of the boat or captain of the Sea?
Mar 09 2014 2:53 am

It creates a pyramid effect making status not being an accomplish stat

What ever you can do or dream you can always begin it because boldness has genius, power and magic in it
  • Scurvydog2
  • Irregular
  • 50 posts
  • Reputation 4
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Mar 09 2014 3:12 am

5 things
1 better a completed pyramid then a stalled game(plus it only becomes a pyramid if you find someone or multiply people at each level willing to agree to do it which is hard enough and you risk betrayal as they have a chance to build up a military while you use yours to find planets for them )

2 it is still an accomplished stat it is just earned through diplomacy and agreements

3 then offer us something we can trade and steal so that we can make deals for protection and assistance otherwise the game stalls out with gould level players being blocked by higher levels that are willing to spend money and have spent enough time playing to have amassed a fortune. (another option would be to change it so that any level can steal from any level but with differing amounts).

4 it is still not against the rules and to "crack down" on it would violate our right to play the game as we wish providing we aren't insulting/threatening people or attempting to hack the game.

5 the goauld command structure was a pyramid http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20070406150022/stargate/images/d/d0/SystemLords.jpg

• Lordwayob
  • Irregular
  • 34 posts
  • Reputation 19
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • If you can't beat 'em barbecue 'em
Mar 09 2014 11:13 am

Scurvy makes good point in the previous post.

While it can be used to create a pyramid, too many high-level player interests prevent it, and some, like Olek, will prey without supporting those beneath them.

Ultimately this is one of the most realistic aspects of the game.

The structure of the game itself encourages griefing, bullying, and pyramids, both of the thematic and metaphorical variety. Progressively weakened players have been handed down like cheap prostitutes because it is most efficient within alliance exchanges, thus griefing. Bullying I have not seen much of myself. I often use melodramatic tones in my messages to other players for the sake of the game, but I am sure we have all heard of the error that led unscrupulous players to send threatening emails to other players. Thus bullying. But status pyramids... yeah, that is very much in the spirit of the game. Either there need to be more players to fuel it to make more pyramids, or there need to be other ways to gain status.

Another recurrent problem- weaker players have no naq for defense against infiltration. Infiltrating players steal their naq, keeping them weak, perpetuating the cycle.

BLOOD BLOOD BLOOD BLOOD BLOOD BLOOD BLOOD BLOOD BLOOD
  • Scurvydog2
  • Irregular
  • 50 posts
  • Reputation 4
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Mar 09 2014 2:07 pm

in fact olek which i am starting to gather that the majority of players hate said that he dislikes it and would ban players for it.
moral: don't be an olek

• Endersshadow
  • Irregular
  • 73 posts
  • Reputation 51
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Fear the Ashrak
Mar 09 2014 3:31 pm

yeah true but olek wants to ban anyone that's a threat to him and his wallet so no big surprise there. you shoulda heard some of his whispers to me bout things....most the time I was laughing at his high and hoity tude. my advise to olek.....chill man and don't wallet baby it up...go out fight lose most your cha'tii and earn respect.

Worship the TACO or face it
  • Cjamieson99
  • Respected
  • 640 posts
  • Reputation 203
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • LET'S GET THOSE TERRORISTS!
Mar 09 2014 9:50 pm

HEY! I like olek!

Kelac! #1 cheater in the game, but you'll never catch me!
[1] 2 Next >>