• Lesnmore
  • Irregular
  • 103 posts
  • Reputation 24
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • I love 26horses Productions
Feb 28 2014 12:32 am

Allen 1991's original suggestion to allow trading between any players is a good idea. That allows backdoor deals between players of different alliances. This galaxy is violent and goulds are violent people.

As for weak players being helped by stronger players that is realistic. Not every "real life" event is reproducible in the game, but this is one that could be interesting with secrecy and intrigue of "behind your back" deals and betrayals.

Will the strong use this to their advantage? Yes! So will everybody else. All limited only by desire and wealth. (Just like Earth in 2014!)

• Sobek
  • Irregular
  • 46 posts
  • Reputation 7
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • So 2 Unas and a Rabbi walk into a bar . .
Mar 09 2014 5:45 pm

Had an experience recently where an alliance of newer players attacked one of my planets. I won but I lost a lot of death gliders in the process (part of the game but a lot of naq nonetheless).

Because these were newer players I had no desire to completely obliterate them but I would have LOVED for some kind of war reparation feature (ex. I won't defeat/reset you if your alliance plays me X amount of naq to make up for what I lost in this conflict).

Feels like it would help settle certain conflicts and considering the game is starting to feel a little "hack and slash" it could be a good alternative.

2ic: Shadows Dragoons (Original TFO, founded Aschen Empire and Volian Union)
<< Previous 1 [2]