• Scurvydog2
  • Irregular
  • 50 posts
  • Reputation 4
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • i think shadowing should act like an ancient
Feb 20 2014 6:48 pm

members in the same alliance should be able to trade with one another (only push resources no pull)

fighting for the players right to choose how they play
  • Allan1991
  • Irregular
  • 69 posts
  • Reputation 31
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • The God Of Gods
Feb 20 2014 11:08 pm

i agree and i also think you should be able to help anyone with resoruse's
sort of like helping them out as a guesture to show u are reaching out to make a new possible ally or something along those lines

Suntzu
  • Lorddougy
  • Irregular
  • 138 posts
  • Reputation 0
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • You should recognise the name in your attack logs
Feb 21 2014 12:42 pm

I completely oppose trading between people btw.

Reason, what will happen is that when someone is destroyed, their entire alliance can instantly get them back up to power, so makes it harder to destroy people.

• Kynell
  • Enthusiast
  • 240 posts
  • Reputation 127
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • I love 26horses Productions
Feb 21 2014 3:51 pm

yes player trading is exploitable in so many ways.

I would like to see a option to pay tribute tho sort of a offering to surrender during war.

after all we are goauld paying tribute to your follow gods as a offering of peace is the goauld way lol.

• Lorddougy
  • Irregular
  • 138 posts
  • Reputation 0
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Feb 21 2014 3:55 pm

Unfortunately Kynell, that would be exploited coz we would just keep attacking low level alliances to gain tribute from them

• Kynell
  • Enthusiast
  • 240 posts
  • Reputation 127
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Feb 21 2014 4:00 pm

yes good point forgot bout that lol.

• Scurvydog2
  • Irregular
  • 50 posts
  • Reputation 4
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Feb 22 2014 3:25 pm

allan 1991 THATS WHAT AN ALLIANCE IS IN REAL LIFE an alliance is suppose to build up its weaker members. look i want this game to be realistic if you want to prevent trade just because it would make it harder for you to destroy some one thats pathetic what would be impressive is if you would get a decent alliance and fight hard rather than relying on game dynamics to make it easy for you

• Sobek
  • Irregular
  • 46 posts
  • Reputation 7
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • So 2 Unas and a Rabbi walk into a bar . .
Feb 22 2014 5:26 pm

I still think that we should go a step further and open up trade to all players regardless of alliance (though in regards to alliances I think an alliance bank is a fun idea). I've also spoken to a large number of players in the game who wish we had some kind of trade program (and many don't understand why we don't).

Trade will open up the game immensely AND we can enact limitations so:

A) We minimize exploits

and

B) (this one is for you Shadowing) people will still be inclined to buy from the store.

Just a matter of sitting down and figuring out what those trade limitations should be.

Just my two cents though :)

2ic: Shadows Dragoons (Original TFO, founded Aschen Empire and Volian Union)
  • Scurvydog2
  • Irregular
  • 50 posts
  • Reputation 4
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Feb 22 2014 10:30 pm

i'm with sobek the ad says that this is suppose to be a realistic game. in reality even the gould engage in trade agreements when it was profitable for both parties. also without it the merchant class idea shadowing posed is really just an empty tital.

• Scurvydog2
  • Irregular
  • 50 posts
  • Reputation 4
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Feb 22 2014 10:30 pm

i'm with sobek the ad says that this is suppose to be a realistic game. in reality even the gould engage in trade agreements when it was profitable for both parties. also without it the merchant class idea shadowing posed is really just an empty tital.

• Lorddougy
  • Irregular
  • 138 posts
  • Reputation 0
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Feb 23 2014 5:56 pm

We have all seen trade introduced into games and the games go south in quality as people trade so much that it cuts down on the reasons for war.

Your main arguement seems to be realistic, when did you ever see the goauld trade with each other? They never shared resources and only information with each other, which is happening within alliances already.

If you want more resources, pay to get them or steal them, if you want to help younger players, make a option that you can pay for someone else to get the benefits. Some of you are missing the point that this is a war game and not a trade game...

• Rade93
  • Irregular
  • 12 posts
  • Reputation 0
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Feb 26 2014 10:22 pm

Dougy, alliances in real life share resources. Yes, this may be a war game, but even in war allies trade with one another; whether that be intel, supplies, or soldiers. We can already reinforce our allies, and, to a degree, we can share the intel we get from our spies. All that's left to be implemented is to be able to trade naq and slaves to members of your alliance. It's simple. No different than sharing troops.

[1] 2 Next >>