• Irregular
  • 34 posts
  • Reputation 2
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Dislike that!
Jan 26 2014 6:29 pm

Hello my fellow goauld

Shadowing want to know what you think about a suggestion i made that involves changes to the radar and the obervatory technology.

At the moment the Radar works like this:
If a fleet is coming to one of your worlds you get a radarwarning of what exactly is coming when the fleet is in a 1 hour range (1 in abservatory).
If you get more level in observatory this will increase the range by 1% every level. [shadowing wants to change that to 2 minutes per level (increased range)].

I would love to see radar and observatory work like this:

Your Radar always warns you when a fleet is coming to your worlds! No matter how far away and how long it takes the fleet to get to you.
Your Observatory Teclevel defines the accuracy of the radar.
(up to 50% inaccurate on lvl 1. Always 100% accurate on lvl 100)

I think changes in this direction would greatly increase the usefulness of the radar and of observatory (and the synergy with spacemines!)
The main reason is that you could actually try to prepare for an attack. I feel with the current system it is more a "reduce the dmg" reaction you can do.

This is nothing that would be changed soon but shadowing would like to know more than just my thoughts on this topic.
Feel free to post you oppinions and the reasons why you think this is good or bad.

Greets Cirrus

• Reaper205233
  • Irregular
  • 8 posts
  • Reputation 3
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Out of the Shadows and into the Light
Jan 26 2014 6:45 pm

Cirrus

Its a good idea in theory, if we had ways to get more tech points, as the tech currently stands, I would prefer leaving observatory alone.

If we had different ways to get more tech points, besides the advanced tech one that starts working and Shadowing allowing a way for the wallet-warlords to buy tech points in the market, I could see a point in having Observatory working like you suggest, I always thought that once u had a really high lvl in observatory that it let u know where the attack was launched from. But with the split of weapons and obviation, I wouldn't want to question the validity of what little Intel I am receiving my radar.

But this is just my opinion, and a whole lot of other people could disagree with me on the subject

Banished System Lord Zorc
  • Cakes
  • Enthusiast
  • 258 posts
  • Reputation 15
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Jan 26 2014 10:17 pm

i dont like it, too inaccurate.

• Adadad
  • Irregular
  • 58 posts
  • Reputation 25
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • yarg
Feb 13 2014 2:20 pm

i think this is a great idea and much better then that tech lines current usage, it would give people slightly more incentive to not have such cookie cutter techs

• Demogorgon
  • Enthusiast
  • 224 posts
  • Reputation 109
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • I love 26horses Productions
Feb 13 2014 8:57 pm

In like the idea that I can see an attack coming no matter how are out they are.

• Mare96po
  • Irregular
  • 2 posts
  • Reputation 1
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • I love 26horses Productions
Feb 13 2014 9:02 pm

Hi,

I like idea about making it more accurate for every point spent in observatory. But its too bad if i can see ships which are at the other edge of map and i am on another. Why dont you make constant (range of view) and just add thing about spending points in accuracy of radar.

Regards,
Takesh

• Aldinach
  • Irregular
  • 48 posts
  • Reputation 8
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Shel nok.
Feb 23 2014 5:35 am

I don't like the accuracy percentage part. That makes NO sense if you have a clue how radar works at all. Radars show EVERY incoming ship, period.

It would make much more sense to increase WHEN you can see what's coming at you the more Observatory levels you have.

It would still require people to spend more tech points on Observatory in order to get a faster readout of what exactly is coming and the exact time it will land, calculating in your space mines, and their hyperdrive tech.

That makes more sense with the way radars actually work, since the further away something is, the 'fuzzier' the image will be and the signal will have interference, so increasing your Observatory makes sense in that it would basically mean you have a more high-end detection system the higher your levels are.

Mekta satak Oz!