• Irregular
  • 151 posts
  • Reputation 51
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Black Dragon of Death
Jan 07 2014 10:43 pm

Ok,

If the game gets new races, what should they be.

For me, it depends when the game is set. It seems to have moved forward to the 2nd dynasty.

This is the first time the Goauld met the Asgard and Furlings.

The Nox should not be a playable race as they have no interest in war per se even if attacked.

Asgard
Furlings
Re'tu
Oannes
Reole

Thoughts

• Jokoci
  • Irregular
  • 34 posts
  • Reputation 2
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Dislike that!
Jan 08 2014 12:20 am

In general i like the idea of different factions, BUT

Asgard ? Furlings ? They would have to be way too powerful to be sligtly realistic! Not really an option if you ask me. Besides, we know nothing about the Furlings.
Oannes ? Reol ? No option too. Oannes like Furlings .. no info on them. only that two of their race disliked the goauld. Reol? We just know they r weak and like to run and hide. What units would you expect them to have ?
Reetu ? No known spacecrafts, a permanently stealthed unit? I dont think so.

I think the only viable option is to make different Goauld factions: Serpents, Horus, Setesh. An old una type of goauld with unit unas and udajeet, the TOK'RA. Just to name some possibilities.

I dont think there are human or other alien races around that could challenge the goauld in this time. Gadmeer maybe.

• Krool
  • Irregular
  • 27 posts
  • Reputation 3
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • I love 26horses Productions
Jan 08 2014 2:51 am

I would like to see furlings and asgard in game but that want happen as they r both way too powerful!! and everyone would want to choose these faction, i think shadowing should consider possibly only allowing players who bought the game be able to be these races IF he brings these races into game!!

• Shadowing
  • Devoted
  • 1440 posts
  • Reputation 240
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Captain of the boat or captain of the Sea?
Jan 08 2014 4:38 am

Thought about having the race of the asgard but they won't be asgard. Asgard wasn't necessary a race. Thought about bringing in the race that the asgard was that part ways with the federation of the azgard long ago.

Just cause we don't know what the furlings looked like doesn't mean It can't be introduced. Just make it up. I was planning on making up a few races.

Thought it was ferlings though not furlings.

What ever you can do or dream you can always begin it because boldness has genius, power and magic in it
  • Zirnitra
  • Irregular
  • 151 posts
  • Reputation 51
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Black Dragon of Death
Jan 08 2014 9:07 am

You have to remember, when the game is set, the asgard are not the asgard per se,

A war brought the 2 god pantheons (Æsir/Vanir) together and named themselves as Asgard . (some of the Vanir faction that did not want peace went to pegasus system)

In the 2nd Dynasty, the goauld grouped together and smashed the Æsir and Furlings (Furlings sided with the Æsir for reference). The Furlings a more warrior race went head to head and ultimately paid the price by being wiped out by the goauld.

The battle went on for ages. The Æsir did start to get the upperhand with better ships/weps but failed to press there advantage which was referenced in the show. (The Æsir themselves went though a war with a seperate faction (Vanir) The Æsir vs Vanir War which took a toll on the Æsir as they now have two armies fighting against them, Vanir for there greed and the goauld for domination.)

Alas, why the Furlings got whalloped as the Nox wanted no part and the Æsir where too thinly stretched and the Vanir did not care about the goauld.

When Ra 's ship was damaged by the Æsir after a battle it landed on a planet with a rich supply of people who he could control. He named them the Tauri.

This new host, very easy to repair, more stealth than the unas form, propelled the goauld into a tech advance.

The Goauld now had new hosts and lots more slaves to get naq to build warships etc.

This started to push the balance back to the goauld but then Anubis popped up and decided to take the number one position. Ra was a brilliant tactician and fused with Æsir body, in which he had a mimic device to show himself as human as his followers would be scared of his Æsir form decided the best form of attack was to call a truce with the Æsir (not knowing they where at war with the Vanir)

This was a blessing to the Æsir who knew ultimately they would loose fighting on two fronts.

A truce was called, meaning Ra could face Anubis armies and defeated him in the end.

After Ra had been seeding humans throughout the galaxy, they started to push more into the asgard areas and again a meeting took place and certain planets where off limits to the goauld. At this time, the asgard (Æsir and Vanir) posed no threat to the goauld as they could do what they want without repercussions.

Just some cannon history to show that the "asgard" in the time the game is set, are not the all powerful asgard as SG1 encountered but factions with the Æsir fighting the Goauld.

• Zirnitra
  • Irregular
  • 151 posts
  • Reputation 51
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Black Dragon of Death
Jan 08 2014 8:30 pm

Sorry to double post.

The Gadmeer were defeated by the Goauld.

Re'tu do not have ships, but they are intelligent.

The race does not have to have ships to attack, they can use stargates, but they can build a out of phase power column in the buildings section , which reduces the stargates defensive ability just against that race.

Certainly make the goauld guard the stargate more lol.

The Æsir could be a good race, with armour clones (same as atlantis ones) with mimic drone (resembles a agent of the goauld).

They had a bomber ship which was fitted with five galaxy-class lasers and two tactical bomb bays, it was designed to be a bomber but was not used much as the Æsir did not like to go on field battles.

The Æsir Chariot was a class of spaceship developed and used exclusively by the Æsir. Powered by four 1st gen neutrino-ion generators, and controlled by an advanced computer interface, the Æsir Chariot did not require any kind of crew and could be controlled by a single Æsir. The chariot featured reinforced shield systems as well as five galaxy-class lasers, which made it more than a match for most Goa'uld Ha'taks.

just some more thoughts