26horses Forum
  • Shadowing
  • Devoted
  • 1440 posts
  • Reputation 240
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Captain of the boat or captain of the Sea?
Jan 07 2014 5:38 am

Thinking about keeping Stations out of the game. At least for a while.
There is a few ideas on what to do with them. Here is one I came up with.

Have alliance build them sending lots of naqahdah to build one. This would evolve team work from the alliance. Alliance could destroy stations by using naqahdah against it.

With me getting rid of Space stations and siege forces it makes me easier to bring in races into the game. Cause other wise I would need to replace those graphics with something else for every single race. I never really wanted stations to be a focus thing in the game and more of just another choice and it seems like they were.

I could make stations an attackable thing but there is some flaws with this idea. For starters stations would have to be an instant attack. Since once destroyed units would have to go somewhere that survived that were sent with the attack unless I just send it from where it came from. Having a station have 100k hit points then I don't think few would even mess with trying to destroy the station and would just attack the players planets instead. If I made it say 10k hit points then a mothership could just kill 9 stations and heal lol.

It's amazing the game flaws in almost every idea that comes up. It seems impossible. Even now I can't really seem to figure out how to separate each unit by a lot. That's another topic though this is about stations soooo. Get rid of them or not?

Could just keep them like they were last round where you destroy 300 buildings to destroy a station.

Shadowing

What ever you can do or dream you can always begin it because boldness has genius, power and magic in it
  • Masterstickboy
  • Irregular
  • 22 posts
  • Reputation 10
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • I love 26horses Productions
Jan 07 2014 5:59 am

keep them but instead of them taxing planets, have them boosts aspects of the planets in the system. or have 1 station affect the surrounding sectors and effect those sectors planets that are alliance held. (example, put it in a corner and it affects those 4 systems that are touching the corner)

• Kynell
  • Enthusiast
  • 240 posts
  • Reputation 127
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Jan 07 2014 3:36 pm

keep them as they was destroying the buildings as all can take put then, if u have them as a alliance thing some players who like to solo wont be able to do anything.

also don't put them in the game yet finish of races first and when that's done maybe bring them bck then and can change stations benefits for each individual races.

goauld: % increase in attack/naq production
asgard: % increase in tech/defence
nox: % increase in all covert (infiltrate) abilities/free love for all lol

• Cakes
  • Enthusiast
  • 258 posts
  • Reputation 15
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Jan 07 2014 3:41 pm

The alliance station makes sense with alliance armies and tributes

• Zirnitra
  • Irregular
  • 151 posts
  • Reputation 51
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Black Dragon of Death
Jan 07 2014 6:11 pm

If an alliance has 5 of the planets in a sector they get chance to build a space station. The leader of the alliance controls these stations.

The stations will give a % defence on any attack of those planets within that sector only as well as a % increase in detection of any attacks occuring on alliance planets in that sector and a % increase in naq output by those alliance planets owned.

For single players, they only need to own 3 planets in the sector. They get a bigger bonus from an alliance owned station.

The space stations will have a health points. Every attack will remove health points and the station will gain health back slowly over time.

To make it fair for single players vs alliances, then single players stations will gain health quicker than alliance owned.

But, if the single player who owns a space station joins an alliance, then the station will be removed and resource will be given back to that player. The space station cannot be built by that player for 2 weeks but a space station can be built by other alliance members.

If the alliance goes to 3 planets (i.e 2 are taken or sieged) in that sector the space station reduces its health hit points, reduces health point gain and its bonus drops as well.

For a single player it is their networth. If it drops to a X value then the above happens.

Trying to balance alliance vs single is difficult, but as in stargate, a single goauld could not rise to power without support or taking domain armies from former beaten system lords Jaffa

• Krool
  • Irregular
  • 27 posts
  • Reputation 3
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Jan 08 2014 2:19 am

Get rid of them for now until u bring in the Races, for now maybe have it so if a player/alliance controls all planets in a sector then the player/players get boost in efficiency say 50% increase on all planets in that sector!!

• Yodasodabob
  • Irregular
  • 6 posts
  • Reputation 0
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Jan 08 2014 6:57 pm

what you could do is you could just have the space station always be in a sector, but have their own defences that you can lower with Naq, but attacking them does not lower their defence. you could also have them provide bonuses or just keep the original tax idea.