• Irregular
  • 151 posts
  • Reputation 51
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Black Dragon of Death
Dec 09 2013 4:55 pm

Ok.

I think the issue is that this game is trying to be a lot of different type of games and this then makes certain aspects good, bad and indifferent.

Need to understand what this game is going to play like.

For me, an easy, enjoyable game is Tribal wars. Not too much to think about in the early stages.

Later stages becomes a bit more difficult, as you need to join an alliance or you will be taken out.

You have a 1-20 max defence. You have units that are good for defence. Unist that are good for scouting. Units that are good for attack. Units that destroy defence, units that destroy buidlings.

Your first village is a mix. Generally 2nd is defensive, and so one. Defence and offence villages.

Is someone atatcks your offensive village, you stack it with defensive units from your other villages.

You need a nobleman to take the village (normally 4) and the 4th dies and you get the village.

Before you get to take over another village you need to build noblemen and that takes a while unless you have allies who can send you resource.

Also, it takes time to build buildings once clicked. You can line them up so as level 1 is built, level 2 starts etc.

This is a fun game and you can have some pretty big battles which generally defence beat attack, but when 8 or 9 nukes hit it can take you out.

This is a command and conquer game in simple form.

Grepolis. Is simialr to tribal wars but jazzy graphics. Also they have gods which your city can worship and they can give you some special abilities now and then.

This battle strategy is a lot more complicated, and you need some good team work to take out ports.

Again, it is a great game and dynamics are good.

Have a look at these two games. Both have excellent mechanics and game play.

I see SL having the best of both. This is how it should be done and I sure Shadowing can ensure this game becomes as popular as those two for sure.

LZ

• Shadowing
  • Devoted
  • 1440 posts
  • Reputation 240
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Captain of the boat or captain of the Sea?
Dec 09 2013 8:58 pm

Ya I have thought about introducing building times in the game. I was thinking all that really does is just slow people up.

I'm wanting to add more extra stuff in the game though after reset. Objectives and stuff like that.

Also been considering Pve as well.

What ever you can do or dream you can always begin it because boldness has genius, power and magic in it
  • Zippacna
  • Irregular
  • 31 posts
  • Reputation 5
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • I demand that the human stay on topic!
Dec 10 2013 10:20 am

I can understand where Zirnitra is going with this and yes it's a good idea, but I used to play tribal wars and the one thing i realised is that people with more than one or two villages in tribal wars sit there and wait for people to build up and just annihilate any army that these people have and take over their village. After a while of building up to that point then having your village wiped out and having to start all over again and so on, it gets annoying.

Zippacna
  • Zirnitra
  • Irregular
  • 151 posts
  • Reputation 51
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Black Dragon of Death
Dec 10 2013 12:22 pm

That is a great point, happened to me once or twice. I rememeber I had just taken my 2nd village and this player atatcked me. He had over 20 villages.

He took out my first one. He then told me he felt bad and told me he would leave me alone and so I built up my one last one and he took me out again.

I was really annoyed. But, long story short, 4 months down the line, I took him out! with help from my alliance at the time. Oh, how sweet it was muahaha.

Anyway, this is why I think dominion levels could help. At the moment, some players are dom 3 or 4 and have 2-3 planets and only about 400 jaffa to protect them all.

What I learned was I was not prepared. I grew too quick without able to defend my village.

I have posted else where, there should be a dominium level balance, to help new players get a step into the game but not to over power them.
But still make it that higher dominium players cans till hit lower one to a certain level.

After all, an alliance in these type of games are extremely important, as a good alliance can help smaller players grow and protect them. Single Goauld never will get to power. Even Anubis in the first few dynastys had to get support. Only after he was half ascended did he start to be a single powerful System lord.

• Zippacna
  • Irregular
  • 31 posts
  • Reputation 5
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • I demand that the human stay on topic!
Dec 10 2013 12:26 pm

There are some good points too, i guess it all depends on the alliances and whether they help new players straight off or if they tell them to build up a little bit before offering help as I've seen before. and the Dominion level idea is great

Zippacna