• Zirnitra
  • Irregular
  • 151 posts
  • Reputation 51
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Black Dragon of Death
Nov 05 2013 8:07 pm

1) I think it would be good if you had a chance that if you attack a vacant planet, you may well come across a Re’tu or army of them.
They will kill off your units (not all of them) and then you can have a decision to hunt and kill them, which would give you additional points maybe to spend on armor tech or supremacy or leave the planet and never go back lol.

2) Also, I think it would be cool if you introduced (later on) Tok’Ra into the game. Maybe you would find that your stargate has been tampered with, or some of your resources are damaged etc?
These are not players per se, but are in the game (only system lords or players of high enough tech would be targeted). If you believe a Tok’Ra is operating within your area you could try to capture them if your defence is great enough or you have an agent to go hunting.

3) Also, you touched upon this, but would be great if players/alliances could pledge allegiance to either Ra, Apohis, or Anubis
Doing so would give you benefits. Ra- would give you a higher % slaves and output by them. Apophis- would give you additional % resource whilst Anubis would give you an additional % tech.
But, you would be automatically at war with each other.

As you progress, these System lords may give you additional benefits if you please them and if you rise in the ranks then they give even more support. BUT, if you fail to please them, then you could be banished and would have to go alone or go to another SSL like Apohis or Anubis and beg for forgiveness?

You may be given additional planets to protect or missions to take another planet in their name?

4) You can name your First prime who will lead your armies.

5) Have chance to recruit a Ashrak. You could only ever have 1 and these would be highly specialized that would be much better than normal agents and could do serious damage.

Again, if you think an ashrak is in your neck of the woods maybe set realm alert and if the % is higher than the ashrak ability you could have chance to capture/kill them.

Just ideas really, not sure how they could be implemented in game but maybe further thoughts by other players?

• Erikmodi
  • Irregular
  • 23 posts
  • Reputation 4
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • I love 26horses Productions
Nov 05 2013 8:24 pm

I wouldn't say Reetou specifically, but perhaps random forces that, if overcome, give you bonuses for defeating them. They could be static, table-based or completely random. What I mean, is, the game could have a table of random "baddies" that you could encounter with fixed benefits (Tollan give you bonus tech, Reetou give you bonus resources, another group gives you bonus naquadah, and so on), or that the game would randomize both the "opponent" and the bonus. So one planet might spawn "Reetou" that give you naquadah, while another spawns Reetou that give you tech.

I like the idea of swearing allegiance to more powerful, canon Goa'uld, canonically none of these were really active at the same time. Apophis rose to power after Ra was defeated, Sokar rose after Apophis was defeated, Apophis rose again, then Anubis. But still, being able to choose to follow a specific System Lord would be interesting. I'd add Sokar to the mix, perhaps giving you a cost break in building al'kesh and motherships, and/or maybe Unas. One possible sticking point would be Alliances and swearing allegiance. Would the whole Alliance swear allegiance to one System Lord, or would the choice be individual, and could that to conflict within an Alliance if, say, some members follow Ra and others follow Anubis? Also, how would you handle switching allegiances? Could you follow Ra to bump up your slaves quick, then switch to Apophis to stockpile Naquadah and Resources, then join Apophis to bootstrap your tech, then go with Sokar to crank out a quick fleet? Making the decision permanent seems a bit restrictive. Maybe have switching allegiances cost Supremacy Points.

Tok'ra would be interesting. I'd almost like to see them as a new player faction. Instead of developing planets and engaging in frontal warfare, like Goa'uld players, Tok'ra players would construct hidden bases and sabotage the efforts of other Goa'uld players. Instead of Naquadah and Resources, they'd manage Symbiotes and Hosts, since Tok'ra do not have queens to breed more symbiotes like the Goa'uld, Jaffa to incubate them, and they don't forcefully take hosts like the Goa'uld. Managing symbiotes and hosts would be an important part of Tok'ra gameplay, and combat losses would be MUCH more devastating to them than to Goa'uld (who pretty much work under a "crunch all you want, we'll make more" policy.) Keeping your bases moving from vacant planet to vacant planet would be key, since if the Goa'uld find you, you're pretty much toast.

• Jannka
  • Irregular
  • 4 posts
  • Reputation 0
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • I love 26horses Productions
Nov 06 2013 1:08 pm

i like Tok'ra idea wery much it would give players chanse to play diferent style game. also random faction is grate idea it would enlimenite optinon with one jaffa taking over planet. but i dont like idea about large system lords it would groop players to factions who are controled by npc better to give chanse to combine alliances in supper aliances. what would actualy be more correct in gs-1 terms. ass we all now that you need to be gould to roul ower planet but system lord has multiple gould serwants as part of ther family. so myby corent aliances can be families and add biger aliances for falielies :)
ps i hope you can understand what i ment :D