• Shouten
  • Irregular
  • 2 posts
  • Reputation 0
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • I love 26horses Productions
Nov 05 2013 6:34 pm

Just something that crossed my mind, kind of strange crossing the two series I know, but I was wondering which would win out in general terms of Galactic Conquest and domination and general power.

A Palpatine either at his prime or possibly taken as a Goa'uld host vs the mighty "rolfstomping" God that is Anubis (Let's face it, if it wasn't for the sake of plot and the good guys always winning, and a mighty lot of luck, Anubis would have conquered Earth and the rest of the Galaxy).

• Zirnitra
  • Irregular
  • 151 posts
  • Reputation 51
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Black Dragon of Death
Nov 05 2013 8:51 pm

Lets break down the bad boys.

Soldiers- Anubis- Kull warriors over storm troopers (assuming he sorted out the issue with the Kull warriors)
Battle fleets - Anubis – never did see how powerful the imperial battle cruisers where but Anubis hatak packed a whallop
Charisma -Palpatine – face it, Anubis was never any good and asking for help without demanding it.
Battle knowledge - Anubis – Palpatine was a strategist not an on field soldier
Knowledge of the dark side-Anubis –He was half ascended. Palpatine was human
One on one fisticuffs - Anubis, as he cannot die but Palpatine would kick his arse until he tired himself out lol

Galactic Conquest- Anubis would take it, but Palpatine would not be an easy push over.

Now, if Palpatine had a Goauld symbiote then I think it would still turn out to be Anubis as basically the playing field is not even.

BUT, if Anubis was not half ascended, then we have a different outcome, and Palpatine would be the winner as he would have the strength and abilities of a goauld but also have his Sith Powers.

OVERALL: Half ascended Anubis for the win

• Unbiskant
  • Enthusiast
  • 330 posts
  • Reputation 3
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Nov 19 2013 5:39 pm

I think Zirnitra is right. The sith powers only matter in direct combat, but an energy-like thing (Anubis) cannot be killed.
So the only plus point which would count towards the sith lord is negated.

The only point where we cannot be sure are the ship powers. But I would still go for the enhanced Ha'taks from Anubis.

• Akeru
  • Irregular
  • 14 posts
  • Reputation -1
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Jan 21 2014 5:06 am

Being pretty well versed in both "universes" I would say that ship wise, Palpy would have a huge advantage. Vader's flagship for example was over 18 kilometers long and had over 2,000 turbolasers, add the Death Star of course......and Palpitine's flag ship that was equal in power to Vader's PLUS a built in (scaled down) Death Star laser.....

But on the ground. Kull warriors and Jaffa would lay all waste to Stormtroopers. Palpitine was very cunning and tricky but was still only a politician. Anubis was a GOD! He was a military genius and had not only all the knowledge of the Goa'uld (tens of thousands of years worth) but much of the knowledge of the Ancients.

• Justinboggs
  • Irregular
  • 9 posts
  • Reputation 0
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Jan 28 2014 11:04 am

You also have to take into account all the Stuff from the expanded star wars universe such as Force Storm and the fact that Palpatine could move to a new body when he died which he did alot lol

• Cjamieson99
  • Respected
  • 640 posts
  • Reputation 203
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • LET'S GET THOSE TERRORISTS!
Jan 29 2014 9:56 pm

palpatine. deathstar.

Kelac! #1 cheater in the game, but you'll never catch me!
  • Unbiskant
  • Enthusiast
  • 330 posts
  • Reputation 3
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Feb 15 2014 7:18 pm

I thought a little over which ships would win.

I think ship size is not a direct indicator for the ship power. Sure a big ship looks really impressive but it is a bit slow on the manoeuvring side. As we see in SGA 4x20 "The Last Man" a smaller ship can do a lot of damage to a big one.

The question is which ship could do more damage on the other one.
And this is very hard to answer. We do not have any clue how strong the average ship weapons and shields would be in the other universe.

If it was Atlantis or a ZPM powered BC-304 (with Asgard tech) I would say that the shields could withstand any normal attack from a Star Wars ship. How it would look against the Death-star I am not sure, because a small ship would only need to withstand a certain amount of the total power of the laser because the laser has an extension (I am not sure how big the lasers extension is but I am assuming it is greater than a BC-304). And even it the ships could not withstand the Death-star it is only one ship (which needs to power up its laser (I believe)) and a Drone from Atlantis could get to its weakness. ;-)

But we are talking about Anubis and his forced. I think the advanced Hataks are as good as the normal Star Wars ship but they never have a chance against the Death-Star or the other flac ships. BUT (a big but) Anubis would notice this very quickly and would not engage those ships with his own.
I assume he would lunch a fleet of camouflaged cargo ships with some Kull warriors and let them infiltrate those troublesome ships. (As we all agree the Stormtroopers do not have a chance against them) After an one sighted battle Anubis would have control over the ships. (At least over those where the Imperator or Vader are not on) So he could use those ships against the rest of the fleet.
This tactic could be used on the normal ships as well (if you want do argue that the Hataks could not defeat them).

So I think that Anubis would win in a long run.

• Cjamieson99
  • Respected
  • 640 posts
  • Reputation 203
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • LET'S GET THOSE TERRORISTS!
Jul 22 2014 9:13 am

~CANADA~

Kelac! #1 cheater in the game, but you'll never catch me!