26horses Forum
  • Sobek
  • Irregular
  • 46 posts
  • Reputation 7
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • So 2 Unas and a Rabbi walk into a bar . .
Oct 30 2013 11:04 pm

Has any consideration been given to switching alliances over to an invite only system? It seems to me, and I seem to read a lot of complaints about this over chat, that most people already have in mind certain people they want in their alliances.

The ability for anyone to join seems to mostly clog up limited alliance spots and blocks people from joining who are actually desired by the rest of the group. Plus, this has already led to a number of awkward "you need to leave our alliance" messages having been sent.

The fact that alliance members can internally vote on a leader anytime they want is awesome and will, in the future, make for some great intrigue. But even if alliances are switched over to an invite system, I can still foresee some interesting coup situations (ex. An alliance leader is voted out and then him and his followers are booted, making spaces available for new members loyal to the new regime).

Anyway, this is just my two cents but I know I'm not the only one who wants a traditional invite based system for alliances.

2ic: Shadows Dragoons (Original TFO, founded Aschen Empire and Volian Union)
  • Tryxel
  • Irregular
  • 41 posts
  • Reputation 8
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Alliance: The first ones
Oct 30 2013 11:08 pm

i'l like that idea. it would be a good idea.

• Larus
  • Irregular
  • 3 posts
  • Reputation 1
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Void Spirit
Oct 30 2013 11:17 pm

i agree with this, people could easily join a alliance, listen in on tactics/strategies and leak it to others and jump ship pretty much

• Reese70675
  • Irregular
  • 1 posts
  • Reputation 0
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • I love 26horses Productions
Nov 04 2013 1:07 pm

I agree. Invite only would be better.