• Semper
  • Respected
  • 615 posts
  • Reputation 6
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Let the Galaxy Burn
Sep 28 2012 5:44 pm

10%? I think, personally that this is too low. It chokes progression a great deal when taking over new worlds, especially as new worlds will suffer greatly during the early phases of the game as people fight over better worlds to establish empire. The efficiency will drop to 0% pretty quickly and then it&#039;s a 3month wait hoping you&#039;ll keep it whilst it gets to 100%. <br /><br />Personally I think you should either add a way to increase efficiency (agents, new unit) or put it a little higher, say 50%. That way we&#039;ve still got to maintain control for 50 days, nearly two months before we get the full benefit of the new world.

• Neimenljivi
  • Irregular
  • 146 posts
  • Reputation 0
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • I love 26horses Productions
Oct 01 2012 7:10 pm

Aye, I agree with Semper on this one.<br /><br />~N

• Shadowing
  • Devoted
  • 1440 posts
  • Reputation 240
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Captain of the boat or captain of the Sea?
Oct 01 2012 7:56 pm

Yah i agree its low as well<br /><br />The main point of effciency was to make players have more of a reason to conquer a planet someone owns rather then start a new one.<br /><br />but ya starting out at 10 percent is crazy slow haha.<br /><br />One idea that doesnt really fix the new 10 percent planets is where you can execute slaves to increase efficiency. But can only do it so often<br /><br />maybe players can use resources/naqahdah to increase efficency<br />or better yet make it cost technology points to increase efficency faster<br /><br />I think i like the technology idea since it gives technology a 2nd use in the game<br />makes kinda sense some what increasing the pesants tools and knowledge would increase productivity<br /><br /><br />

What ever you can do or dream you can always begin it because boldness has genius, power and magic in it
  • Semper
  • Respected
  • 615 posts
  • Reputation 6
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Let the Galaxy Burn
Oct 01 2012 8:59 pm

If that&#039;s the case i&#039;d say put technology back to N/cycle and stop efficiency rising naturally. Put starting efficiency higher than 10%, maybe 30% and then let us increase the efficiency with our tech. <br /><br />Obviously keep HP&#039;s starting efficiency at 75-85%.

• Shadowing
  • Devoted
  • 1440 posts
  • Reputation 240
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Oct 01 2012 9:41 pm

whats the reason for putting technology back to per cycle?<br /><br />

What ever you can do or dream you can always begin it because boldness has genius, power and magic in it
  • Semper
  • Respected
  • 615 posts
  • Reputation 6
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Let the Galaxy Burn
Oct 01 2012 11:27 pm

Well tbh I said that mainly because I was under the impression we only got the basic N per hour rather than per cycle, but now I know it accumulates. <br /><br /><br />However, if we were going to use tech and tech alone to bump up efficiency then it might be nicer to have better access to it (per cycle = potentially better management).. but that idea is a little dead tbh, as I said it was made under a false assumption. Everything else about the idea stands though!

• Shadowing
  • Devoted
  • 1440 posts
  • Reputation 240
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Oct 02 2012 6:13 am

I feel if a player wants to increase their efficiency it needs to be a pretty large sacerfice

• Semper
  • Respected
  • 615 posts
  • Reputation 6
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Let the Galaxy Burn
Oct 02 2012 6:38 pm

Make it cost a bomb of tech points. 1000 tech points per 1%. That way its gonna cost 90k to upgrade from 10 to 100. <br /><br />If you could.. why not make it incremental like the current levels. Something like..<br /><br />10-20% = 500/%<br />20-30% = 750/%<br />30-40% = 1000/%<br />40-80% = 2000/%<br />80-90% = 4000/%<br />90-100% = 5000/%<br /><br />That way in the late game it&#039;l still be very very difficult for players to upgrade it all the way to 100%, especially if they&#039;re fighting over planets, however to get it to a reasonable %, such as 40%.. it&#039;s not too expensive (although expensive, especially for early game).

• Shadowing
  • Devoted
  • 1440 posts
  • Reputation 240
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Oct 02 2012 7:33 pm

ya i like your entire idea. nice<br /><br />solves everything

• Shadowing
  • Devoted
  • 1440 posts
  • Reputation 240
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Oct 03 2012 9:22 pm

I decided to do this differantly<br /><br />now guard posts increase how fast a planet increases its efficency. they also will effect catching agents.

• Semper
  • Respected
  • 615 posts
  • Reputation 6
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Let the Galaxy Burn
Oct 03 2012 10:31 pm

Fair do&#039;s. I like this idea too.

• Shadowing
  • Devoted
  • 1440 posts
  • Reputation 240
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Oct 03 2012 11:05 pm

i really want to keep eff still from increasing ot fast.<br /><br />level 20 will give you 2 percent per day<br /><br />so in a week you be at 30 percent.<br /><br />because i changed tech points, crucibles and slaves to hourly it really fixes the problem where growth was crazy slow.