• Garby
  • Irregular
  • 46 posts
  • Reputation 24
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Loco Mofos, where we are crazy and like moms
Jul 25 2022 12:51 am

Now that Sciences and culture have had their values adjusted to achieve each level, is a recalculation coming for everyone's sciences? People that already have high sciences that were gained while lower requirements now have an unfair advantage in both score and bonuses available.

It's a pretty simple fix, take the total points spent in each science level, then reapply that to the new level thresholds and that becomes the new science levels for everyone. No one has an advantage then and going forward it's fair for all.

If this is ignored, then rolling back the PL wasn't fair.

Garby, Lord of the dance
  • Bloknat
  • Irregular
  • 28 posts
  • Reputation 13
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • I love 26horses Productions
Jul 25 2022 7:11 am

I agree, and given that the PL-SU ratio is still wrong, I would consider recovering the copy again and once done adjust:

Set a "reasonable" SU price 20k-30k to be used to raise buildings and to vary based on demand or simply not vary until there is new functionality that makes that variation.

Science levels recalculation as indicated by Garby.

For PL levels I wouldn't use kill points because at the beginning the SBs added KP but didn't give EXP and also if you lost a fight you added KP that didn't give EXP.
The correct thing to do would be the same as with sciences, take the total points earned in each player level, then reapply that to the new level thresholds.

From culture I think only DR and Judo had gone over 25 and adjusting it might mean removing a planet and I think that would be quite a bit more complicated, so I wouldn't do anything.

If we have to wait a few days for all the adjustments to be made, I don't think anyone will have a problem.

• Garby
  • Irregular
  • 46 posts
  • Reputation 24
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Loco Mofos, where we are crazy and like moms
Jul 25 2022 10:16 am

Good point about the culture change Bloknat, that would be much more difficult and not easily done so agreed that shouldn't be touched at this point.

Agreed additionally that SU prices are still not functional. If SU is intended to be used to build planets as designed, then it would be much more reasonable to have the price set where you indicate.

Garby, Lord of the dance