26horses Forum
  • Shadowing
  • Devoted
  • 1440 posts
  • Reputation 240
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Captain of the boat or captain of the Sea?
Jun 26 2022 2:25 pm

Ok so does everyone prefer incoming alerts to work like they used to in Astro wars or do you guys want to keep Radar.

Here is the difference.

Current System Radar.
Provides you a real time display of incoming ships.
Allows the ability reroute to exist.

Old Astro War System
Only the current planet owner receives a message when a fleet is launched to the planet.
The ability to reroute a ship will be removed.
Ghost fleets would be possible.

If we decide on doing this. I would like to just do the update and get it over with when I'm ready to do it. So do it during this round.

I also plan to make radar a server option. So will be able enable or disable it.
Incase for future player made servers in the future or just what ever.

What ever you can do or dream you can always begin it because boldness has genius, power and magic in it
  • Vaport
  • Irregular
  • 19 posts
  • Reputation 4
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • I love 26horses Productions
Jun 26 2022 5:07 pm

Radar positives - very visible when you open game, more modern than old system
Radar negatives - lots of unknown exclamations on the map, too powerful in that you see everything but also too weak in that the information is very vague

Old AW positives - alerted when you are not in-game. The information can be specific and have more Intel, allows for many strategies for war.
Old AW negatives - relies on outside of the game tech. A bit primitive and not fitting into the app. Perhaps change can be good and Old system does not need to be law.

I will have to think on it a little. There are other features of your game that need more attention such as the clunky fleet launching and nearly useless planet information saving icon (bottom left).

• Shadowing
  • Devoted
  • 1440 posts
  • Reputation 240
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Jun 26 2022 5:11 pm

Oh I forgot triangles. That is really radar system.
Bit of a seperate thing.

What ever you can do or dream you can always begin it because boldness has genius, power and magic in it
  • Shadowing
  • Devoted
  • 1440 posts
  • Reputation 240
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Jun 26 2022 5:13 pm

Vaport send me a in game message on those two important issues. Im unaware of them.

• Cccookieee
  • Irregular
  • 11 posts
  • Reputation 7
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Jun 27 2022 12:51 pm

I like the new radar

• Darthtang
  • Irregular
  • 41 posts
  • Reputation 14
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Jun 29 2022 4:44 am

I am fine with the radar, but, I would be inclined to limit it to combat ships and planets.

Tying in with radar, The battle reports do not tell who the defender is, nor how much CV was used to fight the attacker. This is information that should be critical. All we learn is losses...

• Cccookieee
  • Irregular
  • 11 posts
  • Reputation 7
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Jun 29 2022 5:43 pm

ah yes, some more info in the battle report would be nice

• Shadowing
  • Devoted
  • 1440 posts
  • Reputation 240
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Jun 29 2022 5:50 pm

Ya im trying to get that update in Darth. Been doing some personal stuff last few days cause we had some nice days out. Now its hot again so im back at my desk :)

• Darthtang
  • Irregular
  • 41 posts
  • Reputation 14
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Jun 29 2022 5:55 pm

cool.

• Eliguiux
  • Irregular
  • 3 posts
  • Reputation 2
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Jul 01 2022 6:42 pm

those still there ....im refering to red warrnig triangles..in my new start in astro...

• Sirbelial
  • Irregular
  • 2 posts
  • Reputation 2
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Jul 24 2022 12:00 am

I give you an other idea…

Like in old AW some players click to be a trader (and it cost some points…) why you don’t do the same with this?… No one can’t see the ghosts attacks, but if in your race you pay for be a scanner, then, you can see the ghosts attacks and advise to your allies…

• Bloknat
  • Irregular
  • 28 posts
  • Reputation 13
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Jul 25 2022 9:35 am

I would keep the current radar with the following functionality.
The current planet owner and allies who are reinforcing a planet will receive a message when a fleet is launched to the planet, or was launched before it was taken over and is on the way.

And it would change the following:
I would disable radar on vacant planets.
Ghost fleets would only be possible on empty planets even if they are sieged by another player.
The idea is to avoid the hundreds of systems that are now sieged and no one will ever take over.
In addition, the possibility of sending fleets to systems close to the enemy to reduce the attack time is lost.

[1] 2 Next >>