26horses Forum
  • Shadowing
  • Devoted
  • 1440 posts
  • Reputation 240
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Captain of the boat or captain of the Sea?
Jun 16 2022 4:06 pm

I have a person in a huge alliance showing me that their entire alliance is going to have a 50% bonus pretty easily with the setting set to 10.

What ever you can do or dream you can always begin it because boldness has genius, power and magic in it
  • Maldoror
  • Irregular
  • 165 posts
  • Reputation 25
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • I love 26horses Productions
Jun 16 2022 4:43 pm

Quiet logic when you have accelerated the planets development speed.

With this settings pop lev 12 should be the good choice, with a normal dev speed 10 is the good one

Do not go gentle into that good night Rage, rage against the dying of the light
  • Garby
  • Irregular
  • 46 posts
  • Reputation 24
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Loco Mofos, where we are crazy and like moms
Jun 16 2022 5:39 pm

If an alliance has all of there members with 1.25M pp saved up on all their accounts, I question other things going on in said "huge alliance"

I don't disagree with raising it to 12, but the other reason said alliance is pushing for it to be 14 is so they are the only ones getting the bonus...my alliance has one player over pop 14. If we want this game to be Astr Farm, set it to 20...

Garby, Lord of the dance
  • Darthtang
  • Irregular
  • 41 posts
  • Reputation 14
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Jun 16 2022 6:01 pm

That is actually about right from a time frame perspective and the races most people have chosen. Yes, I see most of your races..lol. It is a little high..but not by much

Pop 11 would be closer to spot on, pop 12 might be to high.

I still say pop 120.....

• Garby
  • Irregular
  • 46 posts
  • Reputation 24
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Jun 16 2022 7:16 pm

I do find it funny that people try to say the game is "faster" but really it is not. All values were equally increased so that means everything takes just as long as it did before, but just with larger numbers. So its not like our populations shoot up to 10 instantly. Additionally, in OG people pushed social to 15 to get the pop bonus to happen to get planets to 10 faster. With it at 14, getting social to 20 will take forever or at the cost of Darth getting to bio 22 as fast as he did.

We are almost 2 months into the round, if we had TAs from the start we would be done with them by now as they speed the game up to deal with the increasingly higher levels everyone is pushing to. Anything higher than 12 is unacceptable in my opinion and just slows the game down.

Garby, Lord of the dance
  • Maldoror
  • Irregular
  • 165 posts
  • Reputation 25
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Jun 16 2022 7:29 pm

All values aren't equaly raised Garby and it's only a month that Orion is open today, I agree with you for the rest.

Do not go gentle into that good night Rage, rage against the dying of the light
  • Garby
  • Irregular
  • 46 posts
  • Reputation 24
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Jun 16 2022 9:49 pm

I will be damned, you are right, one month today, I thought it started at the end of April.

Garby, Lord of the dance
  • Darthtang
  • Irregular
  • 41 posts
  • Reputation 14
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Jun 17 2022 1:15 am

14 would be fine. But it would stall things. In reality getting to social 20 I am not that far from. My bio may be my highest science but I have pushed every science category equally fast. I could have social 20 in roughly 24 hours. I have no science bonus to my race mind you.

So a pop 14 social requirement would be fine in my case. But it would be counterproductive to the concept of speeding up the game. Realistically if Ta were available at round start I would have signed a TA about 2.5 weeks after start instead of flying a fleet around through PM space to see some battle tactics at work in this new concept of Aw.

Pop 10 speeds it
Pop 12 slows its current rate of game play a bit.
Pop 14 stalls it.

With one TA I am still seeing my culture times increase by 40% over rate of culture I had at the beginning of the game. After my first TA that should have fallen to about 30%.

• Darthtang
  • Irregular
  • 41 posts
  • Reputation 14
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Jun 17 2022 2:30 am

Looks like it was changed to pop 11.

• Shadowing
  • Devoted
  • 1440 posts
  • Reputation 240
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Captain of the boat or captain of the Sea?
Jun 17 2022 2:46 am

I feel the settings g should be high enough where you and your trading partners need to strive for the bon I s. Meaning spend extra on farms.

At 10 I bet everyone will hit that with minimum farms.

What ever you can do or dream you can always begin it because boldness has genius, power and magic in it
  • Darthtang
  • Irregular
  • 41 posts
  • Reputation 14
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Jun 17 2022 3:01 am

I feel 11 is a good test starting point for this round...we can change it for next round if need be

• Garby
  • Irregular
  • 46 posts
  • Reputation 24
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Jun 17 2022 6:07 pm

Its 12 now, which I think Darths assessment was spot on as to what the various levels will do to the speed of the game. Its a decent compromise.

Garby, Lord of the dance
[1] 2 Next >>