26horses Forum
  • Shadowing
  • Devoted
  • 1440 posts
  • Reputation 240
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Captain of the boat or captain of the Sea?
Jun 10 2022 4:21 am

Anyone who has been watching patch notes. You can now add your phone number in the options window on misc tab to enable Text Alerts for incoming fleets. Except it does require a $5 a month cost.

I thought hard about it and I decided to charge extra with this and not include it in premium. I want to tell everyone why. I still plan to add more to premium to bring premium value up. We only got 9 players purchasing premium right now. Which is honestly a major fail with the over 70 players playing.
This is a fair to play game. Had to squeeze money out when buys aren't super incentive. I believe alerts on their own is enough incentive for the $5.

I also plan to add more options for text alerts too. Like allow alliance leader to send you a text buzz if you allow it ofcourse. Stuff like that.

Main reason over all the game needs to be profitable. I'm planning to take all the money the game makes and put it on advertising soon as I'm not personally reliant on it. Which I believe will be here in a few months.

So when buy premium or text alerts you are helping to bring new players into the game. If you are trying to ad justify the cost in your head. Just keep telling your self that. Cause we need players guys. I don't plan for us to be sitting at 80 players for long.

I'll also advertise this game inside my other games too which will help. I'm releasing several games this year actually. so we gonna have a lot of new traffic coming into 26horses this year.

What ever you can do or dream you can always begin it because boldness has genius, power and magic in it
  • Maldoror
  • Irregular
  • 165 posts
  • Reputation 25
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • I love 26horses Productions
Jun 10 2022 9:55 am

Actually i have taked the premium mostly for supporting your works and the future warnings on inco.

I totaly underdstand the monetary concerns you have, not sure that this choice is the best.

As far i remember basicaly premiums not gived a lot of things: the inco warnings and idle times in days instead of hours.

So here is my advice/pov
Put the inco in the premiums basic and create a kind of gold premium, more expensive, who will add the new features you plan to implement.
Also, AR inclued a kind of lottery in the old game plus the possibilty to send money to himas gift

Do not go gentle into that good night Rage, rage against the dying of the light
  • Shadowing
  • Devoted
  • 1440 posts
  • Reputation 240
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Jun 10 2022 1:10 pm

Also, AR inclued a kind of lottery in the old game plus the possibilty to send money to himas gift.

Reexplain both these.

I didn't realize I comings didn't show hours

What ever you can do or dream you can always begin it because boldness has genius, power and magic in it
  • Maldoror
  • Irregular
  • 165 posts
  • Reputation 25
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Jun 10 2022 2:52 pm

Incomings showed hours
Premium only gived idle time in days AND incomings with date & hours.

AR added a kind of lottery to win an SU or an artefact, production points or even an AW mug, you'll never know what you'll win.

+ an option to makes a free gift to game creator.

• Maldoror
  • Irregular
  • 165 posts
  • Reputation 25
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Jun 12 2022 5:42 am

Have asked around me why not more take a premium, all answers were going in the same way.
Ppl don't wish to pay for a game in test phase

• Little
  • Irregular
  • 10 posts
  • Reputation 3
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Jun 12 2022 7:22 pm

Hello,

personnaly I think I'll take at least one premium in order to support your work.

But at the current state I'm not planning to take it each month.

I'll also advertise this game inside my other games too which will help. I'm releasing several games this year actually. so we gonna have a lot of new traffic coming into 26horses this year.

My personnal thought, you should work with the old community about the game: changes, features, etc... what all concern getting the old game back.

No need to rush here, I do not think it would help the game.

And about premium and buying options I would not push it too hard on making cash, specialy on beta version. More people will start to pay when they will get back the feeling to be in AW and start to think about staying here.

Edit:
And I agree with Maldo, alert should be in basic premium. paying 10€ and per month for what they got for 5€ for the whole round (if I remember correctly) I'm not sure most of people will be interested.
Here is what I call pushing too hard about making cash (even if that's for good reason).
I sincerely think you will get more cash with a more attractive basic premium.

• Shadowing
  • Devoted
  • 1440 posts
  • Reputation 240
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Jun 12 2022 7:52 pm

Well the thing is I need money for advertising.
I know of no other way to bring in players other than showing up for game conventions.

Word of mouth doesn't really work. Its a bit of a myth lol.

I don't have this problem with my other game. Its stargate related so we get around 10 to 15 new players a day. My other games will help populate this game though.

Trying to get this game to around $400 a month in sales asap. Think we are at like $120 right now.

This game will need more help with bringing players to it then any of my games and planned games I believe.

Old Astro grew to a point in players than there was no more growth. So more likely at some time there was a advertising campaign of some what.

This is just my over 10 years in game development so far of what I've seen and learned.

My main goal right now is to get the game back to how Astro wars was. Whats bad is this I've already lost around $4,000 working on this game these last 6 weeks. I need to finish the rest of the big things this week. This has to be my last week doing big updates. so you can see I have no plans on adding extra or changing anything that wasn't in old Astro Wars.

So I need to finish battle cal, battle results, artifacts this week for sure. Then I can just do a update once a week finishing things up. I should have enough time though I think this week to do a huge update of several small stuff.

I may still bring in progressive servers in though. Shouldn't effect main server.

Ship speeds and stuff right now is all just to speed game play up to get all the bugs worked out as possible. Other wise we have a situation where players spend months playing then when they start really fighting there are these massive bugs we didnt know about.