26horses Forum
  • Shadowing
  • Devoted
  • 1440 posts
  • Reputation 240
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Captain of the boat or captain of the Sea?
Jun 12 2022 5:44 am

Same with Player level too. Friendly fire is really lame in the game with building player level. My bombardment system is way better way to achieve player level.

I'm strongly considering removing player level by unit destruction.

What ever you can do or dream you can always begin it because boldness has genius, power and magic in it
  • Maldoror
  • Irregular
  • 165 posts
  • Reputation 25
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • I love 26horses Productions
Jun 12 2022 5:59 am

Remove PL now...Just LOL!
You not understand a basic defence and attack tactic because you have never played a real round of astrowars.

Do not go gentle into that good night Rage, rage against the dying of the light
  • Shadowing
  • Devoted
  • 1440 posts
  • Reputation 240
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Jun 12 2022 6:03 am

No I said remove player level by unit destruction. Meaning making it where you have to bombard to gain player level intead of killing units.

What ever you can do or dream you can always begin it because boldness has genius, power and magic in it
  • Maldoror
  • Irregular
  • 165 posts
  • Reputation 25
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Jun 12 2022 6:06 am

Bombarding is not fighting...

• Shadowing
  • Devoted
  • 1440 posts
  • Reputation 240
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Jun 12 2022 6:08 am

Fighting will still take place in defense of a planet. Unless they just let their planets get bombarded. That case exist even how it is now anyways.

• Shadowing
  • Devoted
  • 1440 posts
  • Reputation 240
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Jun 12 2022 6:11 am

anyways id have a community vote on a change like that

• Shadowing
  • Devoted
  • 1440 posts
  • Reputation 240
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Jun 12 2022 6:14 am

Also I was just thinking.

If bombarding isn't considered fighting.

Then how is trading kills between players considered fighting?
which is what the bombarding change would stop a lot of.

• Maldoror
  • Irregular
  • 165 posts
  • Reputation 25
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Jun 12 2022 6:16 am

Ho god...

• Maldoror
  • Irregular
  • 165 posts
  • Reputation 25
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Jun 12 2022 6:17 am

Yes, ask more ppl about major changes, that's a good idea.

• Shadowing
  • Devoted
  • 1440 posts
  • Reputation 240
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Jun 12 2022 6:19 am

it be a vote not a ask more people lol.

• Maldoror
  • Irregular
  • 165 posts
  • Reputation 25
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Jun 12 2022 6:26 am

Asking players to vote without a question ?

Hum...

• Little
  • Irregular
  • 10 posts
  • Reputation 3
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Jun 12 2022 2:51 pm

About friendly fire, there always got many talking about it, people who like it and those against.
People who was against argued that would force real fight to gain PL instead of agreement between mates and would help to kill some ranking strategy to gain easy points.
By the way in my opinion you can defend this point of wiew if people have the possibility to do early fights.
In the current situation, there is few players, the game is just "reborning" and the map is a no man's land.
You can't defend taking off friendly fire if your players do not quickly have a correct choice of possible targets.

About offering a planet to a mate it always have been part of AW strategies and not only to build a "stronger" account but also to free a slot (or more) to a fighter and let him take a planet to the ennemy.
This possibility has been used during several rounds in AW and beleave me, the ones doing it wasn't each time ruling the Galaxy and do not have automaticaly won the game.

Now my point of view about making lot of changes compared to the old AW game :
Many of the old players who came here did it by nostalgy, by love of the game, to find back the community they liked a lot. I'm part of these guys.

So be aware there is a big risk about making too many modifications, you could loose many people because they wouldnt see the game they thought finding back when coming here.
Many of these people no more have same life they got when playing the old AW (I'm part of them), they have new job (or got a job cause they are no more little kids living at parent's house), or they have wife/husband or became parents.
So be aware than a game running very fast could seem nice at first cause would allow to built planet faster but when huge fleet with ridiculous short travel time will come and destroy in 2h their homesystem there will gonna start to leave the game cause they won't have time to play it in order to enjoy it.

People who remember me would be able to confirm you that I burned many time of my life in the old AW, as a player, as alliance leader, as moderator or even admin.
I stopped cause my life started to let me not enough time to be able to play correctly the game and then to enjoyed it.

About opening many server, that's your call, but my advice would be to be sure to keep the old community on your game before. Your best ambassadors for your game will be these guys, currently they are calling back all contact they still have, they are even searching ways to reach those they have no coordinates.

And about free time we have for playing this game : I could continue my post on others points but I have stuff to do before my daughter arrive at home for her week at daddys.

<< Previous 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Next >>