• Sadeyes
  • Enthusiast
  • 238 posts
  • Reputation 151
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Potato
Mar 28 2016 1:03 am

We need more players in the game. The biggest problem for new players, is being farmed as soon as their protection ends. I will not lie, I have pirated and farmed new players even though I know more players are needed.

I have been thinking about making an alliance to help new members with the basics. I have tried this before but never posted the reason for the alliance.

The goal of the alliance would be to get the members to complete to objective of reaching 10K networth. Once they reach that networth, they leave, or are removed from, the alliance and hopefully find a better one.

Of course if the member is the one to attack first, they will be kicked and if they can't be removed due to time restraints, they would get no help.

I hope this idea is supported by most, without an agreement from alliances this will remain just an idea.

It's impossible. I hate it. It's evil. It's astonishing. I want to kiss it to death.
  • Eachigo
  • Irregular
  • 29 posts
  • Reputation 21
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • mmmmh... Insolence!
Mar 28 2016 5:32 am

I actually think its a great idea, but who's to say that when they leave the newbie alliance with their 10k that they wont be stalked? they probably would but i still think it could be worth it... good idea sadeyes. we need new membs as you say or and the new ones that are joining atm have a tendency to leave sooner rather than later.

>Cain
  • Sasha
  • Irregular
  • 57 posts
  • Reputation 11
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Officer of Drama and Propaganda
Mar 28 2016 6:22 am

Okay Sad, now find me 8 noobs that are willing to learn how to play the game properly and won't leave after a few days. Oh, and make sure they are not a Yugi.

PS the best they can do is learn how to protect their cha'tii - it's not like everybody is going to leave them alone because they are new; I would farm them :)

Yawn
  • Thanatos2222
  • Irregular
  • 11 posts
  • Reputation 4
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • I love 26horses Productions
Mar 28 2016 10:39 am

farming new players after their protection ends is kinda nail to game coffin if we farm new players they wont build up, wont grow and leave the game if less players play then shadowing might consider shutting down SL.

alliance for new players is good idea learn them basics give them some tips and when they reach 10k networth direct them to another alliance they can continue growth of their dominion.

but to be honest sasha if you are doing sush action you should think it twice , please stop it since you might be one of causes of game shut down. stop hunting new players this is no fun because you are sure they wont strike back and if they try they will not success. killing new players is really annoying and im sure nobody likes that besides fact of easy resources, this wont go that far soon there willl be no new players and then what.

• Sasha
  • Irregular
  • 57 posts
  • Reputation 11
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Mar 28 2016 11:23 am

And then I'll be the only player left, thanks for revealing my evil plan :/

The only reason I would farm them is to teach them what reality looks like. Well yeah, that's such a good idea, making a noob alliance where no one can get hit instead of actually teaching them how to protect their cha'tii

I remember when I took the most of Laria's stations before the reset. Her networth was way much higher than mine and she was online when I hit her, begging me to reroute. I told her to defend her cha'tii like 10 times - I told her to make me reroute - and she didn't do anything about that. Why? Because no one taught her how to take care of her own ass. If you choose to depend on someone else's good will, you lose.

I helped many people on this game; if someone needs advice on how to protect/defend their stuff - I tell them how to do it. But I won't allow anything that would make people think that they don't need to defend themselves. Do you know why peaceful alliances fail when it comes to war? They have no experience. Experience comes with being active.

Basically all you need to do if you don't want to get hit/reset = learn the game mechanics and be active. No alliance will protect you if you can't take care of yourself.

I might be the most inactive and lazy player here (also the least serious etc), but I know what I'm saying. If you want to play a war game, you need to keep in mind that you're not the only one playing it. And not everyone is peaceful here.

Yawn
  • Sadeyes
  • Enthusiast
  • 238 posts
  • Reputation 151
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Potato
Mar 28 2016 11:51 am

This is just an idea right now, mainly thought of after seeing people start, ask questions and no one answer. I just think if people know the basics, maybe build a MS or two and get the feel for fighting by hitting AI planets, they would play even after getting crushed.

It's impossible. I hate it. It's evil. It's astonishing. I want to kiss it to death.
  • Sasha
  • Irregular
  • 57 posts
  • Reputation 11
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Mar 28 2016 12:08 pm

If you want to make a noob alliance Sad, make sure to teach them useful things. I'm not sure how good you are in-game, but first of all teach them how to defend themselves and protect their stuff. Then you can teach them how to use battle tool (so they won't trash their cha'tii into my planets like total Spiucr-- ekh, idiots) and how to make use of their personality&race etc.

Just don't make a peaceful alliance, Sadeyes, if you really want to give these people a chance.

Yawn
  • Sadeyes
  • Enthusiast
  • 238 posts
  • Reputation 151
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Potato
Mar 29 2016 4:23 pm

I have always been honest about my abilities on this game, I am not great at this game. If I had to say, I would say average. The idea is that there wouldn't be any perminant members apart from me. I started thinking about my idea and realised a major flaw in it. It would require others to leave the members alone. I realised that is far too idealistic, I keep forgetting.