26horses Forum
  • Shadowing
  • Devoted
  • 1440 posts
  • Reputation 240
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Captain of the boat or captain of the Sea?
Feb 10 2016 8:06 pm

So we have had black holes in the game now for a few weeks.
I didn't want to make any change to them until we had enough data.

I'm thinking now consuming players operativeness wasn't really the best idea to close a black hole. For one thing it really hits players hard who rely on their operativeness as the advantage for their race/personality to do spydrones and operations.
Its really not a direction I'm wanting. Then we get to a situation where no one will be doing many operations cause they have to save their operativeness to close black holes.

Now with that being said. I do want black holes to be a pain to close. So I thinking that closing a black hole should cost as high or half as opening one and give it a 30% chance.

Would like to hear opinions from everyone on this as to what the chance and cost should be.
Another idea I came up with is that the cost to close it should increase the longer the black hole has been active. This way players will want to close it as soon as possible. Have the cost get pretty costly if they wait to long.
This way closing a black hole at the last hours isn't really a great option.

What ever you can do or dream you can always begin it because boldness has genius, power and magic in it
  • Darklord
  • Irregular
  • 3 posts
  • Reputation -1
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • I love 26horses Productions
Feb 10 2016 8:36 pm

The amount to close should start at half and increase to full price as time goes on

• Kaguli
  • Irregular
  • 87 posts
  • Reputation 43
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Power in a refined form
Feb 11 2016 3:55 am

The idea of having the cost increase to put the pressure on is really cool. I would suggest it remain static for the first 12 hours though. Otherwise, it just kind of punishes people for not being logged on 24/7.

Also, perhaps there could be an additional means of closing black holes (with a similarly scaling cost), that doesn't use operativeness. Perhaps an infiltration that consumes soldiers even on success (as a suicide mission to close the hole). I'm just thinking out loud for non-operation means of closing black holes.

• Brian
  • Irregular
  • 37 posts
  • Reputation 16
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • X Men
Feb 11 2016 9:51 am

I've closed several black holes in the galaxy, on they are difficult to close, it takes me 10 attempts minimum but I don't mind. personally I think they are fine just the way they are, if any does get any problems with black holes, just drop me a message and we will get them closed ASAP.

Gambit
  • Zirnitra
  • Irregular
  • 151 posts
  • Reputation 51
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Black Dragon of Death
Feb 11 2016 3:39 pm

Black holes should effect gate travel.

A black hole is in the sector, so if i send jaffa to a planet, then there is a % chance that they get gated to another planet Or they gate to a planet and there will be a delay before arriving on that gated planet.

That makes black holes more useful for war. Players accounts that are under 3 months old do not get effected by gate travel. Players above 3 months in account should be more than capable to do.

Makes it more fun, that you jaffa may appear somewhere else in the galaxy

LZ

• Zirnitra
  • Irregular
  • 151 posts
  • Reputation 51
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Black Dragon of Death
Feb 11 2016 3:39 pm

Black holes should effect gate travel.

A black hole is in the sector, so if i send jaffa to a planet, then there is a % chance that they get gated to another planet Or they gate to a planet and there will be a delay before arriving on that gated planet.

That makes black holes more useful for war. Players accounts that are under 3 months old do not get effected by gate travel. Players above 3 months in account should be more than capable to do.

Makes it more fun, that you jaffa may appear somewhere else in the galaxy

LZ

• Brian
  • Irregular
  • 37 posts
  • Reputation 16
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • X Men
Feb 11 2016 4:39 pm

I like that idea z, if only we could explore the planet we gated too. ;-)

Gambit
  • Canshow
  • Irregular
  • 74 posts
  • Reputation 24
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • I love 26horses Productions
Feb 12 2016 6:14 pm

1) BH open for 72 hours

2) After 48 hours, the target planet is destroyed. 24 hours after this, the entire system is destroyed.

3) Gate travel is restricted for all units on BH planet. After 48 hours, gate travel is restricted on all planets in the system.

4) Open cost is 30k tech.
--a) Close cost is 15k tech at 25% chance for first 48 hours. After 48 hours, close cost is increased to 25k tech, with 40% close chance. (Operativeness)
--B) Close cost remains as it is now. After 48 hours, close cost increased to 10k, with 20% close chance. (Endurance)
--C) Before 48 hours: Send a flagship to close the blackhole. 70% success chance, must have 20k tech on planet or consume 20k tech from starting planet. If failed, flagship is destroyed, no naq back.
--D) After 48 hours: Send a flagship to close the system blackhole. 50% success chance, 0 tech cost. If failed, flagship is destroyed, no naq back. If successful, blackhole closes and flagship is rerouted with no travel penalty.

5) Travel penalties remain the same. After 48 hours, 9 hour travel penalty added to remaining planets in the system.

6) 25% chance for blackhole to move into one adjacent system after 72 hours.

7) Closing blackhole after 48 hours gives 30% chance to recover 25% of resources spent on current buildings on the destroyed planet. Closing a blackhole that has moved into an adjacent system yields no resources.

Additionally, systems or planets that are destroyed by blackholes cannot regenerate war satellites. A new mechanic may be added later in the game or in conjunction with this one, that allows untouched AI planets to grow in level and to create war satellites (up to a limit) on their own.