26horses Forum
  • Shadowing
  • Devoted
  • 1440 posts
  • Reputation 240
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Captain of the boat or captain of the Sea?
Jan 18 2016 2:54 pm

How does everyone feel about the current alliance member limit in the game.

Through out the course of System Lords I have tried different alliance sizes seeing how it fits with the game.

It does seem like the game did better when alliances were 30 members or maybe even unlimited. Maybe there really shouldn't be a restriction.

It may encourage new players to stay in the game more and be more socially active since alliance chat will increase more as well. This was actually a large argument back when I first reduced alliance sizes in the first place.

It seems the game does worse the more I step in and control stuff. That's what history has shown so far.

What ever you can do or dream you can always begin it because boldness has genius, power and magic in it
  • Damont
  • Irregular
  • 80 posts
  • Reputation 51
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • I love 26horses Productions
Jan 18 2016 3:13 pm

the 8 alliance members limit is sufficient but 10 i think would be better :D

• Scrow
  • Irregular
  • 16 posts
  • Reputation 12
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Jan 18 2016 4:14 pm

There Shouldnt be any limit to how many ppl there could be in an alliance

• Damont
  • Irregular
  • 80 posts
  • Reputation 51
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Jan 18 2016 4:32 pm

Coming back to System Lords yet Scrow?

• Canshow
  • Irregular
  • 74 posts
  • Reputation 24
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Jan 18 2016 4:37 pm

I'm not in a real alliance so it doesn't really pertain to me, but there's what, maybe less than 100 active players, a quarter or more of which are likely to be multis?

What good would increasing alliance limits do?

I don't believe new player retention has anything to do with this. Most probably create their own and have 1 member forever, or stay allianceless. I would say the non helpful--even cancerous-- nature of Galaxy chat (maybe add in a separate HELP chat??), non-casual gameplay, and the rough reality of random attacks and how easily you can be wiped out are the likely causes of scaring newbies away.

Do an ANALysis of players who left protection, and trend the activity/retention of players who have been hit more than once versus those who were not hit or hit just once for 1 week after their protection ended. With a large sample size relative to multi count, I am positive you would see a large difference in activity.

Implementing a real function for homeworlds (such as not being able to remove it from a player for starters) and some sort of networth protection for players below 2.5k networth against players 2x their size or more might help. Maybe even an interactive on-screen tutorial instead of a wall of text too could help.

But no, I don't think you should increase alliance size limit unless you want to put in a lot of work to code a dynamic alliance size (everybody but top alliance has increased member count) with safeguards against players trying to loophole an alliance to 1st place with the increased member count of non-1st place alliances.

If you have an alliance with 1/3rd the server population and they start buying alliance naq like crazy, it starts to get a little ridiculous.

• Scrow
  • Irregular
  • 16 posts
  • Reputation 12
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Jan 18 2016 4:41 pm

Maybe coming back, maybe not, is that your ingame name Damont Or u got some other name?

• Brian
  • Irregular
  • 37 posts
  • Reputation 16
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • X Men
Jan 18 2016 5:16 pm

I think there should be no limit on the amount of players in an alliance. I also think new players or players starting from scratch should receive more help considering some players have large armies. also, Scrow, you may be interested in coming back, amir recently got betrayed and trashed all over the galaxy.

Gambit
  • Zirnitra
  • Irregular
  • 151 posts
  • Reputation 51
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Black Dragon of Death
Jan 20 2016 1:58 am

If you kept it race specific then it would be better than having a mismatch of races which is totally crap.

LZ

• Moneyseal
  • Irregular
  • 58 posts
  • Reputation 36
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Defeating a sandwich only makes it tastier!
Jan 24 2016 8:00 pm

Hmmm, I think that there should be no limit to players in an alliance. However, there could be different ranks for alliances depending on the size. The rank could just be for show or based off alliance rank there could be varying negatives/positives. Maybe bigger alliances it is more expensive to do certain alliance missions and they make less naquada per cycle, or maybe the other way around. Just a thought. I am sure alliance rank could factor into several different things. This would make it so that it may be better to be in a smaller alliance for X reasons and it would be better to be in a bigger alliance for Y reasons.

Also I think that players in low networth should be required to be in an alliance to get them into the game and socializing with other players. Maybe there should be a negative for being outside an alliance. The more active and involved players have to be the better.

Lord Money$eal
  • Moneyseal
  • Irregular
  • 58 posts
  • Reputation 36
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Defeating a sandwich only makes it tastier!
Feb 01 2016 7:35 pm

I just had a crazy idea about alliance sizes. What if space stations were added back and the number of stations an alliance controlled determined the amount of players allowed in an alliance? All of this could be based off a rank system.

So for example:
Club 1 stations - 5 members
Alliance 10 stations - 8 members
Grand Council 20 stations - 11 members

Just a very rough basic idea, but I think it could be interesting.

Lord Money$eal
  • Canshow
  • Irregular
  • 74 posts
  • Reputation 24
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Feb 01 2016 8:33 pm

Maybe when we have more than 5 people playing.
It seems lame though, if that is the only purpose space stations serve.