• Neimenljivi
  • Irregular
  • 146 posts
  • Reputation 0
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • I love 26horses Productions
Jul 02 2012 9:37 am

I&#039;ve read through the game guide and I see that death gliders only have defense points now. This doesn&#039;t make much sense since they can be used for attacking as well (they are transported in Ha&#039;taks and used in attacking a planet).<br /><br />I also think that certain, very rare, planets should have some sort of special weapons that are otherwise very, very costly to build and that you can only build once you are evolved enough. Think of Dakara weapon or the ancient weapon Anubis used to attack Earth, think of Ancient&#039;s defense outpost on Earth, etc. - it might be good that, with a lot of luck, you stumble and take control of one of those (and/or similar weapons scattered throughout the galaxy) weapons. Some could give you defensive powers, some attack powers, some more technology (think of a puddle jumper that was found on Earth - the one with a time machine, great for discovering different things and to increase your overall knowledge and with it - technology), and so on :) It would be pretty neat to have those :)<br /><br />Also as a side note - I do not know whether you are a native English speaker or not Shadowing, but it might be wise to have someone that is a native English speaker to check the guide - there are some spelling mistakes and some wrong words, the guide can be understood of course and this shouldn&#039;t be the first priority, but it does look better and more professional if all is correct. Hope you don&#039;t take this the wrong way as it&#039;s not meant as a criticism ;)<br /><br />~N

• Markyparky56
  • Irregular
  • 28 posts
  • Reputation 0
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Look. Behind. You.
Jul 02 2012 10:43 am

Although I haven&#039;t watched all the stargate episodes, in my understanding, the Ancient outpost on earth required the Ancients activation gene (yes?) which a Goa&#039;uld wouldn&#039;t have meaning all they would have is the machine to look at, this could add to technology but wouldn&#039;t be useable as a weapon of defense.<br />Apart from the ancients I beleive the rest of you post is a good idea, this adds a bit of risk to the game, instead of just invading nearby planets to expand your domain and increase your dominion but, having the player reach further for the more precious planets.

• Semper
  • Respected
  • 615 posts
  • Reputation 6
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Let the Galaxy Burn
Jul 02 2012 10:57 am

Death Gliders come with a Mothership as part of their attack power, so they are indeed used for offence. As for ancient weapons, it was largely unknown for the Goa&#039;uld to have access to Ancient technology because of the gene thing which is why Anubis was able to get such a huge advantage and is such beyond any of our accessibility.

• Neimenljivi
  • Irregular
  • 146 posts
  • Reputation 0
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Jul 02 2012 1:20 pm

Hmm yeah I didn&#039;t take the gene into the equation, but still I think it could work - after all, Anubis was able to adapt the technology to use it.<br />Also perhaps some sort of those pendants, or whatever they were, that Anubis was collecting to get super uber powers to his main mothership?<br /><br />Would add some more excitement and risk to the game yeah, at least in my opinion :)<br /><br />~N

• Semper
  • Respected
  • 615 posts
  • Reputation 6
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
  • Let the Galaxy Burn
Jul 02 2012 3:31 pm

The eyes. Again, it was his technology.. all of which he was largely able to adapt because of his ascension. The eyes were split up after another failed revolution and were a power source. <br /><br />Don&#039;t concern too much with attack variaties though, there will be evolutions in this area down the line.&nbsp; ;)

• Neimenljivi
  • Irregular
  • 146 posts
  • Reputation 0
  • Honourable
    Dishonourable
Jul 02 2012 9:54 pm

Yeah, it was the eyes :P <br />True he got a lot of that tech through ascension - but as we see was possible to get it in the series as well, very rarely, but it was possible.. So why not do it here? :P<br /><br />~N